Do we go for RVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I know we have a few strikers but can we pass up on a quality player like him with his contract not yet renewed? I think he would be too good for us not to try and get him, with him Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez would be almost unrivaled foursome to choose from. I know the Berbatov thing will come up in this thread but its not about wether he stays or goes its about the chance to sign a quality player like Van Persie!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Rather get a midfielder first but if we can afford him as well then we should absolutely sign him, although City would out-bid us. However, I think he'll stay at Arsenal.

Brophs

The One and Only
His injury record coupled with his age and the wages he'd be looking for make it extremely unlikely.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I literally hate threads like this.

1. Arsenal won't sell to us.
2. Like Nasri, they'd rather sell to City.
3. Like Nasri, City would buy him for the sole reason of stopping us.
4. We have Rooney as our first choice, two fantastic youngsters as alternatives and a very different option as fourth choice with great experience and happy to be part of the squad.

It's a pointless discussion and there is already a RVP thread to discuss his future anyway.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I literally hate threads like this.

1. Arsenal won't sell to us.
2. Like Nasri, they'd rather sell to City.
3. Like Nasri, City would buy him for the sole reason of stopping us.
4. We have Rooney as our first choice, two fantastic youngsters as alternatives and a very different option as fourth choice with great experience and happy to be part of the squad.

It's a pointless discussion and there is already a RVP thread to discuss his future anyway.
1. Might not have a choice..that or he goes free the next year
2. Nasris agent got him the money move to city, thats been well talked about
3. Dont be stupid
4. What if Berbatov leaves?

Lance Uppercut

I'm sure there was a story on BBC recently saying he'd opened talks, because I was going to bump a thread before realising I couldn't be arsed.
Nope. No talks until the end of the season. By then, it could be Nasri all over again.

Arsenal do not expect to open negotiations with striker Robin van Persie over a new contract until towards the end of the season.

Van Persie's deal expires in June 2013 and the 28-year-old Dutchman does not want to discuss the matter just yet.

Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: "He doesn't want to talk about it and we're not troubling him. We'll approach him near the end of the season.
BBC Sport - Robin van Persie will delay contract talks until the summer

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Transfers like this just.. don't happen.

Arsenal may not be the team they were 5 years ago, but even so, they're definitely not in the position where they'd let their main player go to a rival. Not a chance. If RvP does leave, it'll be to Spain and because he's turned down a contract offer.

Wenger knows the importance of him to Arsenal now, he won't be naive enough not to offer him a fantastic contract.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I really don't see him leaving, he's an Arsenal fan as well as a player and there's plenty of time to sort a deal.

Lance Uppercut

I really don't see him leaving, he's an Arsenal fan as well as a player and there's plenty of time to sort a deal.
Pfffffffffffftttttttt. Heard it all before. I won't be surprised in the slightest if he leaves. It's his last opportunity for a big move and a chance to actually win things.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Pfffffffffffftttttttt. Heard it all before. I won't be surprised in the slightest if he leaves. It's his last opportunity for a big move and a chance to actually win things.
I don't normally buy into that crap either, but I'm pretty sure he genuinely was an Arsenal fan growing up, no?

Lance Uppercut

I don't normally buy into that crap either, but I'm pretty sure he genuinely was an Arsenal fan growing up, no?
No idea, honestly. I would be surprised. Unless he's like Robbie Keane and had 18 boyhood clubs.

The way I see it, he's carrying that team at the minute. Are the Arse going to break their wage structure for him? I can't see it. Then you look at what Nasri is earning at Shitty. At his age, he'd be mad not to be considering his options. Which is exactly what I think he is doing by refusing to talk contracts until the season ends.

If Arse have underwhelmed, I think he'll be off. Not to us, obviously. :(

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Erm..... The feck?

Quality player. Injury prone.

No.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Why would it effect anything, if that picture was 15-20 years ago? Everyone discovering that he was a Arsenal fan as a child, or at least wore the shirt, doesn't change anything for Van Persie.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
"Proves." :lol:

The Metro. Fantastic stuff.
The only blot on the horizon in recent weeks has been the Dutchman's uncertain contract situation. Hopefully now we've sorted that out for you, Gooners...
Journalism at it's finest.

That's it, all wrapped up. End of saga.

Brophs

The One and Only
The Metro would want to be careful trying to prove things by posting pictures of children in their bedrooms.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Frankly, I'm amazed at the rampant criticism aimed at a free newspaper that I found in a bus stop bin.

SteveJ

Scout
I want my money back.

Brophs

The One and Only
Frankly, I'm amazed at the rampant criticism aimed at a free newspaper that I found in a bus stop bin.
I think I finally lost faith in the Metro when I opened that day's paper to see a two page ad for a one day electrical goods sale. That had taken place nine days before.

SteveJ

Scout
Almost as bad as the emails I get from ITV half-an-hour after a match, telling me I could watch it live on their channel.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
If he decides he does want to move on, we won't be able to compete financially with the likes of City. Similar to the Nasri situation.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Pretty sure he's said he wouldn't play for another team in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.