Do we still need to finish fourth to qualify for CL?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Not sure how this Appeal work. But definitely not challenging the sentence in those European Court which will definitely bring in retaliation. If Appeal is just a formality like those FA red card appeal then worthwhile to try, at least just to shorten it. As I said, Ban is only a minor thing, long term problem is to bring revenue in line. Either they can SUDDENLY find a sugar daddy sponsor covering 20-30m a season (still short), or raising ticket price , or have to cut cost to something like 60m a season. Talking about Spurs and Arsenal's painful ride....
Not sure how the Appeal process works either but wouldn't be surprised if UEFA and City get together shortly and reach a compromise whereby the first year is suspended and City can feature next season, but start with a points deduction for the group stage, and/or play their home matches at a neutral venue. But the 2nd year ban stands.

cyril C

Not sure how the Appeal process works either but wouldn't be surprised if UEFA and City get together shortly and reach a compromise whereby the first year is suspended and City can feature next season, but start with a points deduction for the group stage, and/or play their home matches at a neutral venue. But the 2nd year ban stands.
Any reduction in suspension shouldn't it be on 2nd year? If the appeal / negotiation dragged well into Jul/Aug then perhaps it make sense to let it go, but now is only Feb so plenty of time to come to a conclusion by May. IMO, if it is going to be a "friendly" negotiation then it can be done within 2-3 months. If City went to European Court then yes it will be dragged on for months, hence next season must be a Go, but subsequent punishment (assumed fail) will be on 2nd season and possibly longer with additional penalty.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I can't bring myself to care about finishing in the CL spots next season. What does it really mean to us fans? More heartache next year when we get knocked out. From the club's POV it's a marketing opportunity and generates more income. Everyone knows we aren't winning it any time soon, if we're being honest.

ericking

Isn't the Emptyhad already a neutral venue for CL matches?