Do you expect a new ownership bounce?

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Probably more of a bounce once the deal is ratified by the league and SJR and Co can give some ideas/blueprints for how the footballing operation will change.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No, but I think if things improved on the pitch as a result of some genuine change e.g. a big Jan signing, the mood would be better than in many years.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
100%. OT will be rocking tomorrow night as we destroy Villa. Fully expect Bruno to run towards the Stretty after scoring our 5th goal to remove his top and unveil an Ineos T-shirt with a big love heart around it.

big_jeffstar

I think you’ll see certain players trying harder to prove themselves again.. they have a habit of it under new managers etc, but in all honesty, I’d just rather see us get shut of the lot and start again, keep mainoo and garnacho.. the rest can find themselves new clubs

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No. I don't think we'll notice the impact of new people in charge of football operations until player recruitment begins next summer.

Von Mistelroum

Hmm, I dunno actually. If the likes of Rashford and Martial think that Jim's new regime might be looking at who to ship out then they might start doing some running for a few games maybe.

CallyRed

Typical. Our first game under semi new ownership is against the form team. If it was Liverpool no doubt they'd be up against Vauxhall motors or something

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He said, "I've been to the year 3000
Not much has changed but we're owned by INEOS
And Jim's great, great, great granddaughter
Is pretty fine"

croadyman

Hmm, I dunno actually. If the likes of Rashford and Martial think that Jim's new regime might be looking at who to ship out then they might start doing some running for a few games maybe.
Did we see a bit of that against Villa?

bringbackbebe

Not about the new ownership bounce but we have been under performing in general so we should revert to mean at some point, especially in goal scoring. You can attribute this under performance to whatever reason you like - injuries, tactics, ownership, off the field issues, resurgence of covid, voodoo. Frankly, more than these false dawns and inspired performances, I'd really like to see the new owners take us in a proper long term direction where we can dominate at the top again. This will take time but I can't see them doing a worse job at mismanaging than the Glazers. It's just not possible.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Definitely. It's only natural and they were at the match too, so that only heightens it.

I'll take what I can though.

Ole'sattheWheel

I think that now it’s all been finalised, the uncertainty cloud lingering over the players and manager is now gone. Maybe not a bounce but I think it will bring relief to the staff and players now they know where they stand

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Feels like we are going through the same slump Club Brugge was going through when we didn’t win a trophy for 13 years. New ownership in 2012 by a fan of the first hour brought a breath of fresh air. Took him another year to accumulate enough shares for him to become major shareholder and chairman. With him at the helm we won our first trophy, the cup, in 2014/15 and the title in 2015/16. Since then, Club Brugge is the dominant team in Belgium. I believe parallels can be drawn, albeit on a much smaller scale, so yes I believe a stone has been turned and we can expect a lot more than a bounce.

afatzp

A coincidence here that once the new ownership confirmed, Rashford starts playing like he cares. This might be the bounce the post talking about.

Bondi77

I will have to wait and see what Gary Neville says as it is normally the bleeding obvious.

davidmichael

To a degree yes as players will know they’re playing for their futures and if moved on they’ll never earn as much as at United or play on as big of a stage as they’re not good enough to be playing for the likes of Real or Barca or Bayern.

I don’t see Ratcliffe, Blanc and Brailsford allowing the players to coast like they’ve been allowed up for the past decade and if Ashworth and Mitchell are both also brought in then underperforming players will be moved on quickly so it’s really now a case of shape up or ship out.

Revan

Assumptionman
Probably yes. They will be fighting for their life, well for their career.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not unless Sir Jim knows anything about marking at set pieces

redshaw

Perhaps those players disillusioned can be more focused. A club in limbo can feed back into the players on what they're playing for and is it worth it and they should be somewhere else. If the owners can't be arsed then nor can the players, people the Glazers have employed have been so poor. If the owners can't provide it they need to employ better characters and strong personalities to drive the club and have some purpose vision and belief.

When LVG came here he saw an empty vessel, Jose saw a sad club. A huge chasm of Fergie not in the slightest bit filled while a yo-yo club not far away were doing everything we should've done to replace us when Fergie and Gill went.

It can now feel like the club is back on track but it could take a while for it to fully materialize

Zed is not dead

Yes, people underestimate how the lack of leadership can impact a football club.

I’ve worked in finance and then at executive level at some SMEs and the staff is clearly impacted when there’s a change of ownership, or simply when the current ownership fails to deliver a clear vision or direction

Now it doesn’t mean that we’ll suddenly smash everyone 4-0 but it’ll most likely boost morale of the team

Tarrou

maybe a little bit but ultimately I think the new ownership structure is going to be a disaster

I don't see any clear leadership happening until the Glazers are fully out

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't know if I expect a new manager bounce but what I want to see is a few things. First of all patience from the fans as this should not and will not be a quick fix. All I want to see are people in charge who are making good decisions (and some honest mistakes along the way) Our woes wont be fixed in one window but I'd be happy to see progress each window with a clear identity coming together on the pitch.

croadyman

Well that bounce lasted 4 days and can't imagine INEOS being impressed by that,however will probably swallow the BS from Erik about being better when players fit

Bondi77

Well that bounce lasted 4 days and can't imagine INEOS being impressed by that,however will probably swallow the BS from Erik about being better when players fit
I can only think he is referring to Casemiro and Lisandro and Luke as the rest are squad players anyway and I can only see a fully fit Luke Shaw on form making a big difference.

croadyman

I can only think he is referring to Casemiro and Lisandro and Luke as the rest are squad players anyway and I can only see a fully fit Luke Shaw on form making a big difference.
I don't think Casemiro will find it again but hope he proves me wrong,Shaw doesn't look good since he came back in November. The only one who makes the big difference is Martinez IF he's fully fit

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
These bounces only applies if the players actually cares for the club long term wellbeing.

Too much to ask when they dont even care the short term. I hazard a guess some of them loathe Jim coming since it means they will be scrutinized