Do you still harbor resentment towards the players for last season?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ten Hag has miracles to work
That wont happen. Board has been failing us, and seems to have stopped investing in the club and given up on the idea of wholesale changes in favour of extending contracts and firing managers.

el3mel

At this point I don't know how any United can not hate the majority of our players. There's nothing likeable about them and they clearly don't give a shit about fans either.

OleGunnar20

Sure, I dislike the majority of this squad for one reason or another, unfortuanetly. Entitled, lazy, self-interested - the list goes on and on. Also, some of the 'triers' who you can't help but like ala Fred & Dalot, simply aren't good enough to play anymore than bit parts in a successful United team, in my opinion.

Wholesale changes are needed, and ETH doesn't seem to be creative enough to find those players we need alone on the evidence we have so far. That's fine of course, he seems like an excellent coach and DOF isn't his job description. What we need is an Overmars and team to take over that aspect of the job for him as soon as possible, if Murtough et al aren't capable. Clear this squad out of the accumulated drek which we are still unbelievably holding onto and ... sigh, rebuild at long last.

It's a shame, but we'll get there in the end .. right?

Irwin99

The survivor culture never ceases to amaze me which is not really the player's fault when you think about it, as much as I don't like one or two of them. Certain players have been here for many years and have been failing constantly but they're not going to hold their hands up and say "I'm crap, I don't deserve to play". The board and the overall strategy has to look at what's working and what's not and make decisions sooner and more effectively.

Let's look at a few from today:

Dalot
Shaw
Fred
Mctominay
Rashford
De Gea

all started today and have been at the club for 5 years or more. When do they reach the point-the final point of no return as far as their United careers go? That's not to mention the likes of Bailly, Jones, Lindelof, Martial etc. Nothing against them as human beings but i'm just saying, where are their careers going and where are we going as a club? Last season should have been the final straw for a lot of them. Yes they've finished 2nd once or twice but on the whole their time here is marked by a considerable amount of failure and bad form. But they keep surviving.