Do you want Ronaldo to stay or to leave?

Ronaldo

• Stay

Votes: 436 62.0%
  • Leave

Votes: 267 38.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeanoMagicHat

Only if he stops being a permanent, undroppable starter. Otherwise, he's not our future.
But there’s not much point spending the most wages in the league for a substitute. Doesn’t make any financial sense. And also there’s not much sign that Ronaldo accepts that gracefully, look at the Burnley game reaction.

Mercurial

He is not the biggest of our problems, far from it. I'll gladly enjoy another year with the GOAT. He will have 0 problems with ETH demanding routines.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Anyone wanting to ship out a 20 goal a season striker needs their head examined.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Going to get a different response in the poll putting it up five minutes after he's knocked in a hat trick than you would have at any point in the first three months of the year when he couldn't score for toffee.

KeanoMagicHat

So your argument is the wages? Really? Do you also complain that the glazers don’t spend money?

Who cares how much the players are paid. The owners can afford it and the players are worth it.

I could also give you an economics lesson on how adjusted for other factors, players like Ronaldo and Messi make up for how high their wages might seem.

Listen, he’s old. He’s not what he once was. He’s also a serial winner (we have no others in this time, and trust me that counts for a lot in a dressing room) and scored 20 goals in a frankly horrible side. Maybe he shouldn’t start 38 games in the league. But he should absolutely stay. We would be idiots to let him go.
I would argue the opposite, we would be idiots to keep him if the opportunity arose to get the money back. Ten Hag pitched a long-term plan, he’s 38 next year. Following season 39. Salary space isn’t unlimited, you can’t just carry £500k a week wages or whatever it is in a squad willy-nilly. Not even City or PSG do that. Every game he plays, a younger player who might be good in 2 or 3 doesn’t. Either building toward the future or not.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Stay, he's still our best player

Also due to the ridiculous covid regulation in HK, I haven't been able to go watch him at OT since he came back yet. :D

luke511

He's been our best player this season, one of the best players of all time, and fans want him to leave :lol: I can't get my head around people voting leave after he's just injected hope and interest back into the season with a hattrick of vital goals.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So your argument is the wages? Really? Do you also complain that the glazers don’t spend money?

Who cares how much the players are paid. The owners can afford it and the players are worth it.

I could also give you an economics lesson on how adjusted for other factors, players like Ronaldo and Messi make up for how high their wages might seem.

Listen, he’s old. He’s not what he once was. He’s also a serial winner (we have no others in this time, and trust me that counts for a lot in a dressing room) and scored 20 goals in a frankly horrible side. Maybe he shouldn’t start 38 games in the league. But he should absolutely stay. We would be idiots to let him go.
Well said, agree with all that except the blue part, Varane is a serial winner

Andrew7582

He shouldn't be forced on ETH, let him decide if he can play a part or not.

Mercurial

He's been our best player this season, one of the best players of all time, and fans want him to leave :lol: I can't get my head around people voting leave after he's just injected hope and interest back into the season with a hattrick of vital goals.
Fans want him to stay, this forum operates on some other dimensions.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Going to get a different response in the poll putting it up five minutes after he's knocked in a hat trick than you would have at any point in the first three months of the year when he couldn't score for toffee.
I thought it would be appropriate considering the rumors and ten hag all but confirmed as our manager

CloneMC16

Would prefer him to leave in a ideal scenario. Today doesn't change anything. Since we're going to have no strikers if he does, he's going to have to stay.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I know there's no rook for emotive thinking or nostalgia here nowadays, but he made so many people happy. So many people were happy when he joined, when he plays, and when he scores. He is still good for us and has really lifted the squad in terms of accountability

I wish he stays forever man I love Ronaldo. He shouldn't have ever left.

Leonzo1

Definitely stay. We need to get another striker in and rotate between the two of them. Physically he has another 2 years in him but he can't start every game. We have 17 players leaving this summer and people want to get rid of him for a 'clean slate'?
Ronaldo is a winner if nothing else and lord knows we need Winners in this squad.

AaronRedDevil

Who the hell can replace his goals. We have NO ONE! :lol:. Not Rashford, Not Blue Metal, not Martial and not any youth player. Unless we get fecking Haaland. No one can beat this guy on his worse day.

cyberman

People were saying his signing was a mistake, it was a fecking god send with the way the season has panned out

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Who actually cares?

If him staying means we won't be buying top striker then he should leave because he is not good enough to lead the attack alone next season. If he is happy to play second striker to another striker, or if we can shoehorn him on the left next to a good striker then he is a decent option.

In any other scenario people hoping he will be our saviour next season should probably stop dreaming because he was far from that this season too. Scoring hat trick against worst teams in league and not being to hold the ball against any semi competent side doesn't make him our saviour. But fair enough, he was still mostly better than our rest shower of shite, which still isn't saying much.

jm99

But there’s not much point spending the most wages in the league for a substitute. Doesn’t make any financial sense. And also there’s not much sign that Ronaldo accepts that gracefully, look at the Burnley game reaction.
I don't know the full ins and outs of our financial matters but isn't there quite a good chance that Ronaldo's marketability offsets his wages quite a bit, i mean if we get an extra £400k a week in sponsorship as a result of having probably the most marketable player in the world on our team, it's really only costing us £100k a week to have him. Not saying these are accurate numbers but i don't think it's as easy as just saying he costs this much without looking at what he brings in

Greck

Problem with the question is nobody that prefers the latter actually "wants" it. What we want is for Ronaldo to go back to being worth the priority he commands in an attack but we know that isn't happening so it might be best to part ways.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Leave. We need to learn how to high press and we can't do that with a great big rock in the gears.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Stay if he doesn't mind not starting all games and definitely not playing 90 mins in almost every game. Which is impossible. He'll leave I reckon regardless if we want him or stay or not.

MonkeysMagic

If ETH can make him work in the system he wants to employ, then great but I just cant see it. We have to leave the emotion behind, the greater good of the team comes first.

Orange Tree

Leave. He still scores goals, but he doesn't hold up the ball or link up well with other players. Our play in the final third has been poor this season.

ClassOf'99

Salary space isn’t unlimited, you can’t just carry £500k a week wages or whatever it is in a squad willy-nilly. Not even City or PSG do that.
Except PSG are doing it, they have been carrying Messi this whole season who's been on the same pace this season as Ronaldo in a far easier league.

We get it, you dislike or maybe even hate Ronaldo for whatever reason/s.

But you're speaking like you know him personally that we won't accept reduced wages or that his wages even amount to 500k for the club after commercial value is deducted, or that he won't accept a reduced role either.

For all you know he might of been happy to not have played all the games he did but we were forced to play him because of various situations this season, I.e Cavanis injury list, Rashford a form falling off a cliff the last 3 years, Martial having no desire to play for the club and the other situation that is still ongoing.

He should stay, his experience, mentality and ability to win games is something we struggled to replace when he first left and may be even harder to replace now.

TsuWave

The Garnacho's could learn a lot from him, about positioning, movement, attitude and approach to the game. His professionalism is unrivalled and United should tap into it

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I vote Stay. I do want him to win something with us this second time around. However, the manager will need to convince him he can't play every game...

Status
Not open for further replies.