Does Bruno start against Liverpool?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I sometimes wonder why players dont go crazy and get 3-4 red cards so that the game gets forfeited at 3-0, rather than losing 7-0 or something.
Because the shame of a forfeit with fines/scorn and long suspensions is far, far worse.

Member 101269

He shouldn't, he's been bloody awful for ages. Lingard seemed to be doing a better job as a modern 10 against Norwich.
Linguard started on the left against Norwich, where was he for the goals that came down the left?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Lingard literally gave the ball away in every attack. While Bruno is liable to doing the same thing as least he actually can produce moments of quality. The fact you think Lingard is the answer says it all tbh.
No he did not and he created chances for others and he also forced the keeper into a save

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’d be tempted to go 4-3-3 and have pogba, Fred and mctominay. Pogba can hold the ball better then Fernandes and his physicality will be useful. He can also drive with the ball a lot better then Fernandes when the space opens.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d be tempted to go 4-3-3 and have pogba, Fred and mctominay. Pogba can hold the ball better then Fernandes and his physicality will be useful. He can also drive with the ball a lot better then Fernandes when the space opens.
Pogba is lazy as feck and doesn’t want to be here. No chance should he play over him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Pogba is lazy as feck and doesn’t want to be here. No chance should he play over him.
They’ll both be a liability in this game but one of them will be starting. Bruno gets caught in possession just as much.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We could play Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski - whatever we do, we are going to take one heck of a beating tomorrow.
In any case, Bruno is not the problem. We are a team whose level is roughly Norwich (unfortunately). We saw that we needed the greatest player of all time to score a hatrick to win against the team at the bottom of the league. That's our level.
This season has been a write-off and next season will also be written off too, as the new manager attempts to rebuild and re-train our players.

Our weak link tomorrow will be Maguire, who is our worst defender and RR refuses to bench.

Highfather_24

Because the shame of a forfeit with fines/scorn and long suspensions is far, far worse.
A bad performance gets you dropped anyway, nvm suspensions. I'd rather take a "passionate" going down in flames, rather than a timid performance where you get banged 7-0. If you're gonna lose anyway, take some legs with you.

Cassidy

Both Lingard and Bruno were shite. Bruno is 10x the player though so get over it.
Bruno is a the better player. Lingard played better on the weekend. Maybe you should get over it

Chief123

He shouldn't, he's been bloody awful for ages. Lingard seemed to be doing a better job as a modern 10 against Norwich.
If he doesn’t start then who does? Considering we are already limited to probably Pogba and Matic. It’s easy to say get him out but you still have to put 11 players on the pitch.

Chief123

Set-piece chances created? what how many corners he won us? What does that even mean?
Well….just to clarify the complex meaning, it means you know when you take a set-piece like a corner or free-kick, well when you kick the ball and if by you kicking that ball, a chance is created after you’ve kicked it, that means you’ve created a chance from a set-piece.

Cassidy

If he doesn’t start then who does? Considering we are already limited to probably Pogba and Matic. It’s easy to say get him out but you still have to put 11 players on the pitch.
Pretty sure he named a player who can play 10 in the post. Personally Mejbri should have played vs Norwich. We also have Mata too

Chief123

I've said it before and I will say it again. Bruno is not a midfielder. Please play him on the wing. We keep rotating a promising young player and an out of form player. The former has done well with no expectations, but still not great. Give Bruno a run on the wing with Sancho on the other wing and CR7 in the #9. I guarantee that not only will CR7 get more service, but Bruno will score and assist more
Bruno on the wing :lol: oh hold on, it’s Maguire’s agent posting. Makes sense.

GL21

Stupid question this thread. I'm willing to bet anyone he starts. Alongside sancho he is capable of creative magic

Cassidy

Well it is considering the guy has barely played all season for us. If you watch Rooney’s performances, he’d be a good option too.
Yet when he has hes been better than Bruno go figure

Cassidy

Are you watching with blindfolds mate? Lingard has done absolutely nothing for us this season.
In your opinion. If you think Bruno was the better player this weekend its you who was watching with blindfolds

Chief123

In your opinion. If you think Bruno was the better player this weekend its you who was watching with blindfolds
So you’ve used one single game against bottom of the league Norwich where no one played great (except Ronaldo) including Lingard to justify playing him instead of Bruno in the toughest game of the season. Yeah makes complete sense.

Cassidy

So you’ve used one single game against bottom of the league Norwich where no one played great (except Ronaldo) including Lingard to justify playing him instead of Bruno in the toughest game of the season. Yeah makes complete sense.
No Ive used Brunos form over the entire season and especially the last few months to justify the fact he should be dropped. And Lingard in the last game who was better than him, created chances and also almost scored should play ahead of him.
Fact is Bruno has been extremely bad past few months

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Well….just to clarify the complex meaning, it means you know when you take a set-piece like a corner or free-kick, well when you kick the ball and if by you kicking that ball, a chance is created after you’ve kicked it, that means you’ve created a chance from a set-piece.
Alright smart arse. I mean it the most pointless stat that means feck all.

UnofficialDevil

I didn’t realise both Mct and Fred would still be out. But I still might start, Matic/ Pogba with Lingard in front.

Chief123

No Ive used Brunos form over the entire season and especially the last few months to justify the fact he should be dropped. And Lingard in the last game who was better than him, created chances and also almost scored should play ahead of him.
Fact is Bruno has been extremely bad past few months
We can all see Bruno has been in poor form. But to think choosing Lingard over him is a wise decision doesn’t really have any foundation. Saying Lingard wasn’t as shit as Bruno against Norwich is a poor justification to include him against Liverpool at anfield. This is a player who doesn’t want to be here and has played no part in virtually the whole season. Mata has been better than Lingard in recent cameos and even he isn’t a good choice.

The truth is Bruno is playing shit, but we don’t have great alternatives to justify dropping him.

Chief123

Alright smart arse. I mean it the most pointless stat that means feck all.
Well that’s not what you meant because you really didn’t know what it meant. And it’s not really a pointless stat is it considering it’s quite a key way of winning a game. There’s a reason why Trent is no.1 because he’s good at it. So I’m afraid it doesn’t mean “feck all” and it isn’t “pointless” just because you struggle to grasp what it is.

Cassidy

We can all see Bruno has been in poor form. But to think choosing Lingard over him is a wise decision doesn’t really have any foundation. Saying Lingard wasn’t as shit as Bruno against Norwich is a poor justification to include him against Liverpool at anfield. This is a player who doesn’t want to be here and has played no part in virtually the whole season. Mata has been better than Lingard in recent cameos and even he isn’t a good choice.

The truth is Bruno is playing shit, but we don’t have great alternatives to justify dropping him.
Thats not what Im saying. Im saying Lingard created chances and was a goal threat. You are chosing to see it as he was only a little better. We do not agree on that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Meh. Just some people wanting to find a new player to blame because they are bored.

UnofficialDevil

Well that’s not what you meant because you really didn’t know what it meant. And it’s not really a pointless stat is it considering it’s quite a key way of winning a game. There’s a reason why Trent is no.1 because he’s good at it. So I’m afraid it doesn’t mean “feck all” and it isn’t “pointless” just because you struggle to grasp what it is.
You think a lot of yourself don’t you.

joedirt87

Who the bloody hell would you play in midfield then? With no McFred in there?

Matic, Lingard and Mata? :lol:
i mean at this point I would throw Phil Jones and Lingard in over Bruno and Pogba to start If my goal was to try and stifle the Liverpool attack as long as possible. sad state and absolute insanity but would be willing to try anything over Bruno giving it away 40 times and whining instead of defending.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Bruno on the wing :lol: oh hold on, it’s Maguire’s agent posting. Makes sense.
Why is that funny? He certainly isn't a midfielder and we have been rotating Rashford and Elanga while Bruno continues to give the ball away in dangerous areas. WIth his delivery I can guarantee you we would create more with Bruno whipping in crosses. But go on...enlighten us on why we should contiue playing him in the midfield instead of the wing

Longlivekeano

Maybe Bruno starts as a false 9? So we play without a CF and his job is basically to press Liverpool’s CBs and fullbacks. At least he is energetic and when has possession, he can take shots or hold it up for our other forwards.

—————————DdG———————-

-AwB——Lindelof—-Maguire—Shaw

———McTominay——Fred—————

—Sancho———Pogba———Ronaldo-

————————-Bruno——————-