Does United now have the best attack in Europe with Ronaldo?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Psg vs Manchester United
Messi = Ronaldo
Neymar > Rashford
Sancho > Di Maria
Bruno > Icardi or Bruno < Mbappe or Pogba/Bruno >>> Mbappe

Manchester City vs Manchester United
Ronaldo > Jesus
Sancho > Mahrez
Rashford = Grelish
Bruno = De Bryune or Bruno/Pogba >>> De Bryune

Manchester United vs Real Madrid
Ronaldo > Benzema
Sancho > Bale
Rashford >= Hazard
Bruno > ?????

Manchester United vs Chelsea

Ronaldo > Lukaku (Ronaldo scored more goals than Lukaku in seria a)
Sancho > Ziyech
Rashford > Werner
Bruno > Havertz or Bruno/Pogba >>>>>> Havertz

Manchester United vs Liverpool

Ronaldo > Jota
Sancho < Salah
Mane = Rashford
Bruno > ??????

I believe the only team that can match our attack is psg and even then, we have better depth and if they loose Mbappe, then I believe we will have the best attack in Europe.

I have never seen a United team this strong before.

Juanuzayne

This is a bit biased mate. I agree we have one of the best attacks in Europe if not the best. But there’s no way Rashy is better than Grealish or Mane.

Steve Bruce

This is a bit biased mate. I agree we have one of the best attacks in Europe if not the best. But there’s no way Rashy is better than Grealish or Mane.
Rashy has out performed Mane all season last season and up until his injury the season before. (Incidentally the poster put them as equal)

Grealish is a different type of player and is like comparing apples with oranges

Eric_the_Red99

The trouble is, those other teams have much better midfields than us, and so they’re able to get a lot more out of their attacking players.

I’m not going to complain about the Ronaldo signing, but we still desperately need to strengthen in midfield. That should always have been the priority this window.

Reactions: Penna

Swiss_Red89

That's why he made a =? ;)
I also don't think he is worse than them either.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Kinda insulting not to include Bayern here.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Ronaldo is not close to Messi at this stage

RORY65

PSG's is clearly better (Ronaldo was never as good as Messi and definitely isn't now) although it will obviously be closer if they sell Mbappe and don't get a high quality replacement. In fairness I can't think of many, if any, other sides with better attacking options.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You're just getting your excuses for Pochettino in early, we know your game :smirk:

Ixion

Go back a few months and we managed 1 shot on target in 2 hours against Villarreal. Let's wait and see how Sancho and Ronaldo do before we proclaim we have the best in the world.

Amadaeus

Kinda insulting not to include Bayern here.
Bayern recruitment hasnt been that spectacular in recent years. Beside lewandowski, I don’t see any other top players in their attack. Gnaby and sane are good, but no one is rushing to sign any of these players. As such, they were not included. I should have included Barcelona though.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
100% best squad in Europe. The only thing holding you back from major honors is the coach imo. If you don’t win either a title or cl I think there will be a marquee coach on the horizon next season.

Amadaeus

100% best squad in Europe. The only thing holding you back from major honors is the coach imo. If you don’t win either a title or cl I think there will be a marquee coach on the horizon next season.
Yea, I have the same sentiment. Our board has done enough. It is time for us to finally produce. This will be one of the most exciting season for United fans.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yea, I have the same sentiment. Our board has done enough. It is time for us to finally produce. This will be one of the most exciting season for United fans.
Undercover poch thread. Wasn’t hard to see

Coxy

Go back a few months and we managed 1 shot on target in 2 hours against Villarreal. Let's wait and see how Sancho and Ronaldo do before we proclaim we have the best in the world.
This.

Welbeckham

Our squad is not better than Chelsea, City or PSG have. Chelsea especially is in a different level when it comes to their full-backs and midfield.

AWB is not top level and our second choice full-backs are awful. Also, our midfield is very questionable, especially without McTominay and our goalkeepers are not that great.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern recruitment hasnt been that spectacular in recent years. Beside lewandowski, I don’t see any other top players in their attack. Gnaby and sane are good, but no one is rushing to sign any of these players. As such, they were not included. I should have included Barcelona though.
They create chances at will, scores lots of goals, Lewandowski is the best striker in the world, Muller is also great, Sane and Gnabry serve their purpose.
They belong in the discussion, no doubt in my mind.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Probably on par with Bayern based on attack. I think PSG are still better.

Kag

We started Fred and Matic in midfield a matter of days ago. Get a hold.

Suedesi

United's attack with Rashford, Cristiano and Sancho, plus the ones we have on the bench, is no joke.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Brillant attack but PSG's is still better individually. And United doesn't seem very strong as a collective.

Also, who thinks Cristiano at this stage is equal to Messi has to be out of his mind. They've been lightyears apart performance wise last season.

lex talionis

We'll have to see how it all comes together, won't we?

Sancho has to bed in. Rashford has to recover. Ronaldo has to re-adapt to the brutality of the PL. Greenwood has to continue improving.

We can say only Bruno and Pogba are at top gear today.

But the thread asks us to speculate as to how ridiculous the attacking front 5 will be, if they all hit top gear at the same time...tops on the planet without a question.

Even without Ronaldo there was reason to be giddy. Swapping out the abysmal Martial for Ronaldo is pretty insane stuff, mates.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Brillant attack but PSG's is still better individually. And United doesn't seem very strong as a collective.

Also, who thinks Cristiano at this stage is equal to Messi has to be out of his mind. They've been lightyears apart performance wise last season.
They never were equal in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing but the utmost respect for the way CR7 has grafted for the career he's had, his dedication has been truly unreal but Messi is on another planet to anyone else, aswell as a freak scorer he's also an elite playmaker, even now he's hogging the top spot in almost every attacking stat.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
We started Fred and Matic in midfield a matter of days ago. Get a hold.
Pogba Ronaldo Sancho Fernandes Greenwood Shaw McGuire Rashford
Come on. Best team on the planet on paper

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Mbappe leaves PSG, then yes. Depth wise for sure. As of now starting 11 wise, hard to beat Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.

Infra-red

PSG's is better by some margin. None of our front three would get in their side.

That being said, we probably boast the best attack in the league.

Our problem won't be the attacking players at our disposal though, it will be getting them the ball with our technically poor midfielders and Ole's aversion to build up play.

432JuanMata

Right now with Mbappe PSG is a good bit clear and even without I’d still say ahead but it’s nice to be considered up too that level for the first time in a long time

Redfrog

Yeah, right, Grealish doing nothing while Rashford scoring right, left and center but he is a lesser player.
Grealish is the most overrated player I have ever seen.