Dominik Szoboszlai | signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's the best player in the national team by some distance, alongside his Leipzig colleagues (former colleagues now, I suppose) but this is a surprise. Wouldn't have expected any top club to pay this sort of money for him.

Don't give away freekicks around the area against Liverpool.
I find it interesting that quite a few of his (already underwhelming for a Bundesliga attacking player) G/A numbers come from set pieces, when they already have Arnold for that.

Seems like a pretty naff signing for the price at surface level.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don't know why people are bringing Mount into this, nothing like similar players. Mount plays deeper and is more of a passing playmaker when Szoboszlai is more technical and can operate on the wing or attacking.

Harold_Giles

Mount excels at nothing, just seems so bland. Where does he fit for n your midfield with Bruno?
He's actually very good at a lot of things.
Passing with both feet, driving forward with the ball, press resistant, defending from the front.

Should plug in nicely in a midfield 3 with Bruno and Casemiro against lesser teams and can play from the flanks when more steel is needed against the big teams.
Very excited about him in the ETH system.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's actually very good at a lot of things.
Passing with both feet, driving forward with the ball, press resistant, defending from the front.

Should plug in nicely in a midfield 3 with Bruno and Casemiro against lesser teams and can play from the flanks when more steel is needed against the big teams.
Very excited about him in the ETH system.
But would you pick Eriksen orMount? I still dunno why would wouldn’t go for Maddison in the same role for less money. By the way I’m glad we got him but I think he’s a prick.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly why the feck are you signing Mount? He is such a meh player. I’m surprised you didn’t go for Maddison for the price.
Mount is better than Maddison. Even at £15M more he represents better value for United than if they signed Maddison for £40M.

Harold_Giles

But would you pick Eriksen orMount? I still dunno why would wouldn’t go for Maddison in the same role for less money. By the way I’m glad we got him but I think he’s a prick.
I'd pick Mount, right now at least.
Though Eriksen started the season brilliantly, but never looked 100% to me after his injury.

Hopefully he'll be fresh after the pre season, we really need quality options for the midfield, as I'm not really a fan of either McTom or Fred.

As for Maddison, he's a very good player but I think his qualities are purely suited for the #10 role while Mount has the tools to be more flexible for our system.

Stadjer

Mount is better than Maddison. Even at £15M more he represents better value for United than if they signed Maddison for £40M.
Why sign Maddison when you have Bruno as your most attack minded midfielder anyway? I would expect Mount to compete against Eriksen for a starting spot while Maddison would compete against Bruno.

mu4c_20le

Maddison isn't a top player and never will be.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I don’t think this is a good signing for them.

If he is to play in the same side as Trent, Mac Allister, Salah, Gakpo and Diaz, I see them being very easy to play through.

VdV is a shadow and that right hand side will continue to be exposed.

I think klopp/board have lost his way in the market last few windows and this doesn’t resolve their issues. There were rumors that he overruled the board for Darwin, so maybe it’s a case of too much of a say after so many years.

doomy20

Following since years. Extremely good shooter, creative passer, finds spaces. In today’s environment he is worth the 70. Success is based on his adaptation to the league

Devil You Know

How would you fit Szoboszlai, Mac Allister and Alexander-Arnold into the same midfield?

Or is the TAA at #8 experiment over?

OleGunnar20

Big money. Know nothing about the guy, but of course wish him nothing but the worst in his scouse adventures.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How would you fit Szoboszlai, Mac Allister and Alexander-Arnold into the same midfield?

Or is the TAA at #8 experiment over?
Probably the same sort of system us and Arsenal are looking at? So a 4-3-3 where TAA inverts into midfield in possession.

Telsim

They had big problems in the midfield and have worked to address them accordingly. Proper business.

High potential this lad, he could be good for them. That being said, he is a Bundesliga product...

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
All he's good for is a high scrabble score. Liverpool could have saved £70m by moving Alexander-Arnold further forward.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
good player, but im not really understanding why we aren't targeting a 6. The majority of our problems last season were off the ball in midfield and defensively.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
good player, but im not really understanding why we aren't targeting a 6. The majority of our problems last season were off the ball in midfield and defensively.
Klopp's solution appears to be goals. Similar to January when you brought in Gakpo.

Blood Mage

Very talented player but he was just okay last season. Big question marks over whether he can adapt to the league but then Klopp is one of the best coaches to help him do that (although he failed with Keita).

Remember the geese

Fabinho is finished. I suspect Liverpool are not done in midfield because if their plan is to start Fabinho weekly they are in trouble.
True. They were interested in Ugarte after all. I like the look of Bajcetic. Might be a bit too soon for him as a first team regular though.

daba

Does this mean no Lavia for them? Or are they spending £150m on central midfielders in one summer?

IRELANDUNITED

Got rejected by Mount and ended up paying way more for a relatively unknown player.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can you imagine this place if United signed him for 70m?
But he signed for Liverpool so it's a shrewd business and all that. While we get absolutely ripped off by Chelsea.

Red_toad

He's stagnated at RB Leipzig and Liverpool have signed him as the Mason Mount alternative it seems. It'll be interesting to see how he kicks on under Klopp.

Klopp has now signed a large number of players who were either associated with the Red Bull clubs or the bundesliga.
So you've confirm Mount rejected Liverpool to sign for United then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.