Dominoes draft: R1 - idmanager vs Lord Sinister

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@idmanager

Pros

- Henry:drool:-Ronaldo:drool: a deadly DreamTeam partnership for my taste. Two of my best 4 favorite strikers
- The legend Matthaus
- Gento & Beckham to provide balance

Cons

- the defensive unit is a bit underwhelming to keep under control the tower Kocsis & Maradona
- The full-back would suffer also :nervous:

Consider I love both attacks but the feeling that LordSinister is stronger defensively.

Once again, it's a semi-final worthy game
Your vote doesn't count anyway, or does it?

antohan

Gotta say the manager's passion must have fed through to the players. They are defending like lions out there.

Tuppet

Gotta say the manager's passion must have fed through to the players. They are defending like lions out there.
Agreed, @idmanager great job defending your boys. I am starting to come around to your argument that many of the GOATs in Lord's team would not be on their GOATy peak.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Agreed, @idmanager great job defending your boys. I am starting to come around to your argument that many of the GOATs in Lord's team would not be on their GOATy peak.
So, what of Ecstatic's vote? He agreed to AM Sinister, but then Sinister got promoted. Just checked Ecstatic's posts in this thread and it feels neutral to me too.

Does his vote count? If not, it's a tied game!

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
So my team blessed with individual talent of GOAT level upfront who are finely tuned with given proper roles to play on Maradona covered by a solid defensive unit will struggle against a team who are going to be outnumbered and outrunned in the midfield, and their will be overwhelmed by our attack filled with players who can easily beat players one on one.
This team cannot be controlled by marking out one player. I have three players at critical portion of field capable of destroying defeated defenses singlehandedly with Kocsis ready to clinically end the attacks.
Everyone is talking about cohesiveness in opposition, while my team which has adjusted players with such discipline while maintaining their individualistic strength is unbalanced.
The ability to overwhelm opposition by merely having the ball on feet of ny players in my team is terribly underrated by people.

idmanager

The ability to overwhelm opposition by merely having the ball on feet of ny players in my team is terribly underrated by people.
Barca had the ball a lot at their feet as well against Celtic. Don't think they got overwhelmed :)

Enigma_87

You know who
This one is really tough. I think Lord Sinister has too much talent in his ranks and usually that would be enough to overpower the opposition.

On the other hand idmanager really put a tactical masterclass in here and IMO has bridged the gap in quality in the best way he possibly could. Couldn't separate the two teams as @idmanager kept defending his case pretty well (and in a fecking 4-4-2 which I wanted to begin with).

To me LS wins it in terms of individual quality but like that Celtic game idmanager would fend the pressure well (Matthaus on Maradona is also a big positive on him).

WHat has happened here @Tuppet ? Thought Ecstatic was LS assistant or ?

Tuppet

Just for record, pick times -

@Lord SInister: 88 + 19 + 29 + 40 + 690 + 111 + 18 + 39 + 67 + 46 + 26 + 300 + 110 = 1583
@idmanager: 240 + 40 + 18 + 30 + 24 + 330 + 30 + 85 + 45 + 50 + 30 + 60 + 360 + 80 = 1422

idmanager

I don't get the point. Ecstatic clearly accepted being the AM, after being aware that Sinister got promoted.
I am not sure how much he helped him out or not, but he was involved in quite a lot of the discussions, mostly defending Sinister's team.
That for me is a conflict of interest. Should have clarified before the game that he was not the AM (if he indeed wasn't) once the job was accepted.
Neither the manager nor the AM did that.

idmanager

Guess I'll wake up tomorrow to know the result as cannot afford another day yawning at work :lol:
Good night folks and thanks for the discussions.

idmanager

The comments about @Ecstatic are really poor IMO. Asked and answered.
FWIW, I am not questioning his integrity. I am just asking about the validity of the vote and its fairness.
Anyways, I have defended enough during the game and would like to stop now.

My apologies to @Ecstatic if my comments indeed look in poor taste. Cheers.
I'll be okay with any result either ways, so no argument beyond the decision :)

antohan

The comments about @Ecstatic are really poor IMO. Asked and answered.
I see no evidence @Ecstatic has acted any different from a regular poster. It doesn't seem the AM job was ever made effective... but you have to wonder how he may have been swayed by two things:

1) I assume there were exchanges during drafting, why would he get nominated otherwise?
2) For a moment at least he did regard himself as the AM, knowing who he was playing against and inevitably that endears you to your chances

His call really.

For the record, these were the relevant emails, all in order and after the draw:

Since I have only 10 posts per day limit, I would like to choose @Ecstatic as the person, to post my messages when my limit is done.
As discussions tend to go nearly 15-20 messages in a span of time.

@Tuppet : is that allowed or not, please confirm.
Co Manager. Ofc. Ecstatic is experienced drafter and can help.
Don't think that is a problem anymore :)
yes not any problem now.
Got promoted? Congrats!
You don't need 10+ posts to win with that team.
Job accepted :)

Congrats for the promotion!
@RedTiger is an expert by winning with a write-up of 3 lines and a post to say "Hey! I will make a post soon*"

* translation: never

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
1) I assume there were exchanges during drafting, why would he get nominated otherwise?
2) For a moment at least he did regard himself as the AM, knowing who he was playing against and inevitably that endears you to your chances

His call really.

For the record, these were the relevant emails, all in order and after the draw:
Iirc, he took that job after drafting is done as Sinister mentioned his 10 post limit. So probably no exchanges during drafting.
During the match, he did favour Sinister, but only 1 or 2 posts to that effect...at par with any other neutral posting support for either team.

"Job accepted"

That should do it?
Strictly by the book, that should do it.

Harsh job for Tuppet!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Lord Sinister has a proper right back.

Ecstatic cannot have had any influence over that choice.

We'd probably be seeing Beckenbauer at RB if Ecstatic had his way - with a Sweden vs Brazil formation from the 50s posted supporting this choice ;)

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
FWIW, I am not questioning his integrity.
Yeah, can see that.

As people have said, he had no influence on players picked and said 'yes' for a reason that was instantly made irrelevant.

Regardless, here's an idea..... instead of people trying to second guess his independence (integrity), why not wait until Ecstatic actually replies and he can say if his vote was made based on his honest views of both teams? Sure he'll be completely straight.

(As an aside, see there's a load of different voters suddenly appeared in this draft.... all with hardly any posts. New people, nice to see?)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah, can see that.

As people have said, he had no influence on players picked and said 'yes' for a reason that was instantly made irrelevant.

Regardless, here's an idea..... instead of people trying to second guess his independence (integrity), why not wait until Ecstatic actually replies and he can say if his vote was made based on his honest views of both teams? Sure he'll be completely straight.

(As an aside, see there's a load of different voters suddenly appeared in this draft.... all with hardly any posts. New people, nice to see?)
Yeah could do with some of them adding to mine and Enigmas game really. Been mostly me and Enigma going back and forward.

antohan

Yeah, can see that.

Said yes after it was irrelevant, even congratulated him on his promotion but, for all intents and purposes jumped at the chance to get the job.

The more important question here is: did @Lord SInister break his heart and renege on his job offer? Are they currently in heated renegotiations?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
My first draft that I voted, as I didn't pay so much attention to it before but it's damn interesting once you start reading. Turns out also controversial, I see.

Anyway, went for idmanager after lots of thinking as I really loved his attacking power on the counter along with Effenberg to provide through balls and Lothar marking Diego. Difficult to ignore that individual brilliance from Lord, so very hard choice in the end.

Will check other drafts as well.

idmanager

Yeah, can see that.

Another idea would be to check your facts mate. Also, a bit harsh on me mate, that sarcasm, considering I didn't even bring up Ecstatic being or not being the AM till someone posted :)

instead of people trying to second guess his independence (integrity), why not wait until Ecstatic actually replies and he can say if his vote was made based on his honest views of both teams?
A conflict of interest doesn't require actual corruption of the thought process mate. Its about validating or invalidating involvement based on prior grounds, no matter what the other person does after with or without any piousness.
His actions post don't matter in deciding whether its a conflict of interest.

Said yes after it was irrelevant, even congratulated him on his promotion but, for all intents and purposes jumped at the chance to get the job.

The more important question here is: did @Lord SInister break his heart and renege on his job offer? Are they currently in heated renegotiations?
Well as 1-0 said, the fact that Lord played a right back as right back would suggest Ecstatic was dumped at the altar?

Another idea would be to check your facts mate. Also, a bit harsh on me mate, that sarcasm, considering I didn't even bring up Ecstatic being or not being the AM till someone posted :)

A conflict of interest doesn't require actual corruption of the thought process mate. Its about validating or invalidating involvement based on prior grounds, no matter what the other person does after with or without any piousness.
His actions post don't matter in deciding whether its a conflict of interest.
No sarcasm .... I'll write fuller sentences in future, try and be clearer, apologies. Don't know which facts, sure you're right though, apologies.

As for the conflict of interest bit, well beyond me. Looks like Lord should get lawyered up.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
- I wasn't the AM of @Lord SInister in the drafting process: he chose the players he did want. I haven't submitted a pick in this process
- True that I followed the draft but it was because I was interested in the potential strategic aspect and meltdowns
- I was asked to take the lead regarding the discussions in the match thread: I've said yes because I thought he was just busy for work considerations
- The day after I understood it was an issue of limit of posts for a newbie
- The game starts and I can see a long post written by lordsinister
- If I thought idmanager had a better team, I wouldn't have voted to avoid useless virtual hard feelings (betrayal blah blah given the formal request)
- And if I had been fully involved, I would have written my usual waffle:

----------> emphasized some battles (messi vs dietz...)
----------> the battle midfield (2vs3) because I don't see Effenberg as the ideal destroyer with a high sense of sacrifice to protect the central defence and enable Matthaus to play his game
----------> team idmanager was slightly overly offensive and his defence "second-class"
----------> there was a missing link between the exposed idmanager central midfield and the 2 CF
----------> I would have posted some videos and made some streamable links

I think I was fair but in order to dispel ambiguity and avoid any controversy, @Tuppet should be free to:

- organize penalties, or
- declare both teams winners and adjust rules, or
- find another idea like: select 10 guys who never voted in a draft, a shadow vote. Say he PM some pure neutrals (for example those who never post in the football forum but elsewhere) so that a "shadow vote" could be quickly organized

The last option is probably the better option: tuppet choose 10 randoms guys (suffice to look at some threads in the United section), make 2 convo (5 people per convo) and we have an addition set of voters who just need to read this thread, the opportunity to enlarge of the pool of players interested in following the draft in the future btw.

Last edited: