Dominoes draft: R1 - idmanager vs Lord Sinister

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well in the event of a tie we go by average pick time, that was the whole point of recording times.

idmanager

- If I thought idmanager had a better team, I wouldn't have voted to avoid useless virtual hard feelings (betrayal blah blah given the formal request)
A vote I could never have won in this case :)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
A vote I could never have won in this case :)
He was rightfully considered as the super favorite in the drafting process. So, I haven't hesitated.

That said, if I start to overthink, then I could subject to biaises so better not to vote in this case.

Well, I haven't registered to this draft because I didn't want to spend time on the game threads :lol: More than 30 minutes to write my previous post :nervous:

Tuppet make a shadow vote very easy to organise (2 convo * 5 people = 10 voters) so that I'm not the deciding factor once again

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Let's have a lynch vote to decide the winner.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
- I wasn't the AM of @Lord SInister in the drafting process: he chose the players he did want. I haven't submitted a pick in this process
- True that I followed the draft but it was because I was interested in the potential strategic aspect and meltdowns
- I was asked to take the lead regarding the discussions in the match thread: I've said yes because I thought he was just busy for work considerations
- The day after I understood it was an issue of limit of posts for a newbie
- The game starts and I can see a long post written by lordsinister
- If I thought idmanager had a better team, I wouldn't have voted to avoid useless virtual hard feelings (betrayal blah blah given the formal request)
Spill the beans.

1) How did you come to "understand"?
2) Did you write to him? Did he answer? Did he just ignore you altogether?
3) The last bit sounds somewhat unfair. Basically you are admitting after being offered the AM job you couldn't vote against him. That to me falls exactly into the rationale behind AMs -regardless of their degrees of involvement- being partial and therefore their votes being void.

- And if I had been fully involved, I would have written my usual waffle:

----------> emphasized some battles (messi vs dietz...)
----------> the battle midfield (2vs3) because I don't see Effenberg as the ideal destroyer with a high sense of sacrifice to protect the central defence and enable Matthaus to play his game
----------> team idmanager was slightly overly offensive and his defence "second-class"
----------> there was a missing link between the exposed idmanager central midfield and the 2 CF
----------> I would have posted some videos and made some streamable links

I think I was fair but in order to dispel ambiguity and avoid any controversy, @Tuppet should be free to:

- organize penalties, or
- declare both teams winners and adjust rules, or
- find another idea like: select 10 guys who never voted in a draft, a shadow vote. Say he PM some pure neutrals (for example those who never post in the football forum but elsewhere) so that a "shadow vote" could be quickly organized

The last option is probably the better option: tuppet choose 10 randoms guys (suffice to look at some threads in the United section), make 2 convo (5 people per convo) and we have an addition set of voters who just need to read this thread, the opportunity to enlarge of the pool of players interested in following the draft in the future btw.
Please God no, what a shite way to settle things. I remember once drawing a final and the suggested tiebreaker being that the only manager NOT to have voted had the casting vote. The other team had 3 key players he had originally picked that had become reinforcements. I never had a chance.

Same shit here, pick a bunch of randomers and the glitz factor would most likely prevail rendering the gamethread completely pointless.

antohan

Let's have a lynch vote to decide the winner.
Yaaay!

I'll save you the trouble and let @Lord SInister take this one. I'll win my next first round. Fourth time's the charm hopefully :lol:
Cheers!
Sorry mate, you are not avoiding the lynch mob.

@Tuppet, just randomly post a 12 hour poll on the general with no link or explanation:

"Who should we lynch?"

1) Lord Sinister
2) idmanager
3) E(cstatic)boue

Let's see how that pans out.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well in the event of a tie we go by average pick time, that was the whole point of recording times.
It's a tricky situation as if Ecstatic vote is voided then idmanager wins.

Think it's up to @Tuppet to decide what to do with this one as from what I've seen in terms of discussion (missed fair bit of it personally) Ecstatic was fairly involved from the start.

He's one of the posters that is always engaged in discussion as a neutral so that shouldn't be held against him mind(on the contrary - always better to have more opinions). But again it depends on if he somehow influenced voters based on them thinking him as an AM or as a neutral.

Tuppet make a shadow vote very easy to organise (2 convo * 5 people = 10 voters) so that I'm not the deciding factor once again
There's no point in that tbh. There is a tiebreaker in place already - the draft times. If the score is tied then idmanager wins. If your vote is as a neutral and would stand Lord Sinister wins.

I really hate penos (not that I ever won one of those) as you know and hope that is dead and buried as a tie-breaker for good. :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Spill the beans.

1) How did you come to "understand"?
2) Did you write to him? Did he answer? Did he just ignore you altogether?
3) The last bit sounds somewhat unfair. Basically you are admitting after being offered the AM job you couldn't vote against him. That to me falls exactly into the rationale behind AMs -regardless of their degrees of involvement- being partial and therefore their votes being void.

Please God no, what a shite way to settle things. I remember once drawing a final and the suggested tiebreaker being that the only manager NOT to have voted had the casting vote. The other team had 3 key players he had originally picked that had become reinforcements. I never had a chance.

Same shit here, pick a bunch of randomers and the glitz factor would most likely prevail rendering the gamethread completely pointless.
If you want my honest point of view, Lord had clearly a better team especially if I compare both back 6 on a defensive standpoint.

Unconsciously partial? In theory maybe but I was certainly more partial than some posters who had an obvious agenda.

Once again, Tuppet can select 10 guys comprised of:

- former draft participants like Balu, marty1968, redtiger....
- pure randomers

They read the thread and take a decision and tuppet count the voters.

Very quickly to organise: 2 or 3 convo, copy paste the same initial message, say 8-9 minutes max required

Tuppet

oh feck, How am I gonna decide this.
alright, here's a simple enough metric - @Ecstatic did you exchange any PMs regarding this game with @Lord SInister ? If yes then your vote is voided, I understand that you did not do too much of AM thing here and your post were mostly balanced, but many AMs don't participate much in the games and their votes are still not counted. If not than your vote would be valid.
Sorry guys but we are not doing another poll.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I don't get this ecstatic issue. He was never an AM to begin with, even the job previously announced to him was not of an assistant manager to start with. It was merely of an messenger who would paste my PMs.
Secondary the offer expired when I got promoted and link below is of me clearing about the cancelling the offer.
But let tuppet and draft Lords take the decision.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/dominoes-draft.433182/page-60#post-21701023

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
I don't get this ecstatic issue. He was never an AM to begin with, even the job previously announced to him was not of an assistant manager to start with. It was merely of an messenger who would paste my PMs.
Secondary the offer expired when I got promoted and link below is of me clearing about the cancelling the offer.
But let tuppet and draft Lords take the decision.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/dominoes-draft.433182/page-60#post-21701023
Why don't you guys simply tell us if you ever had any PMs regarding your team at any stage like Tuppet above is asking? A simple yes or no please.

Tuppet

Cool, I am gonna count @Ecstatic vote in that case and you win. Congratulations.
Hard luck @idmanager that was a magnificent effort.

@Ecstatic you really don't need to do this -
-
- And if I had been fully involved, I would have written my usual waffle:
No one is going to accuse of betrayal or whatever, its just a draft game.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Controversial game? Amateurs... still have some way to go to match up to euro gate and keeper gate.

idmanager

@Tuppet , I don't get how a vote can be counted when I could have had the better team and still would not have won the vote. It was either 0-1 or 0-0 for me if left to Ecstatic even if I had Krol/Figueroa/Moore/Cafu in defense.

Anyways, good game nevertheless. Good luck going ahead, @Lord SInister

Tuppet

@Tuppet , I don't get how a vote can be counted when I could have had the better team and still would not have won the vote. It was either 0-1 or 0-0 for me if left to Ecstatic even if I had Krol/Figueroa/Moore/Cafu in defense.

Anyways, good team nevertheless. Good luck going ahead, @Lord SInister
Well if they never PM about the game, then Ecstatic wasn't really much of an AM to LC. He might have been biased but there is no rule against that. He is free to vote or not vote for whatever reason as long as they are not collaborating.

idmanager

Well if they never PM about the game, then Ecstatic wasn't really much of an AM to LC. He might have been biased but there is no rule against that. He is free to vote or not vote for whatever reason as long as they are not collaborating.
As I quoted Ecstatic above, he would not have voted for me even if the teams for exchanged due to the prior AM request.

I have a better team : Score 0-0
He has a better team - Score 0-1

That makes no sense when counting votes.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty

Anyways, good game nevertheless. Good luck going ahead, @Lord SInister
you did a great job too.
From 13-4 to 19-18, awesome job convincing and presenting your tacts.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
To avoid any dispute, I've already expressed the fairer solution for both parties:

- Tuppet starts 2 new conversations, he invites 5 people per conversation, the message being "based on the match thread you will read, who has the better team?"
- Selected people: those who know how drafts works but didn't vote (there is the choice: balu, marty1968, redtiger, brwned in love,...) OR/AND randomly picked redcafe member
- Very quick to put in place
- The only requirement is to know how to count

Now, do what you want

[/MyContribution]

antohan

As I quoted Ecstatic above, he would not have voted for me even if the teams for exchanged due to the prior AM request.

I have a better team : Score 0-0
He has a better team - Score 0-1

That makes no sense when counting votes.
It's somewhat biased/unfair but didn't have an impact from the moment he did think LoSin had the better team.

Would have been harsh if the score were tied and he had deliberately NOT voted despite thinking you had the better team.

antohan

To avoid any dispute, I've already expressed the fairer solution for both parties:

- Tuppet starts 2 new conversations, he invites 5 people per conversation, the message being "based on the match thread you will read, who has the better team?"
- Selected people: those who know how drafts works but didn't vote (there is the choice: balu, marty1968, redtiger, brwned in love,...) OR/AND randomly picked redcafe member
- Very quick to put in place
- The only requirement is to know how to count

Now, do what you want

[/MyContribution]
Too much text.

You need to put an XI of regulars, another with randomers. Blue shirts, yellow shirts, wikipedia pitch format... Go.

idmanager

It's somewhat biased/unfair but didn't have an impact from the moment he did think LoSin had the better team.

Would have been harsh if the score were tied and he had deliberately NOT voted despite thinking you had the better team.
Honestly don't see an end to the argument mate. I will never find it fair, others might.
Better left alone rather than discuss how much grey is okay.
Didn't want to continue playing and winning this way anyways.

Being a neutral non-player sounds like a much better proposition though for future drafts at least for me.
Let others sulk picking and then join in during match days. Personally enjoy the discussion more than picking even if I am not in the match.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Honestly don't see an end to the argument mate. I will never find it fair, others might.
To be honest I agree with you — that was a rather strange argument that Ecstatic mentioned and it clearly marks him as biased. Not to say that he is somehow morally compromised, I, and everyone here, believe in his integrity, but that argument threw me off a bit. Anyway, let bygones be bygones.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
To be honest I agree with you — that was a rather strange argument that Ecstatic mentioned and it clearly marks him as biased. Not to say that he is somehow morally compromised, I, and everyone here, believe in his integrity, but that argument threw me off a bit. Anyway, let bygones be bygones.
It's funny because I read it as saying IF he'd been Lord's AM, he wouldn't have voted.... not always easy to get across exactly what you mean in print on a screen?

As you say though, bygones.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Shouldn't be, @Tuppet chooses one of the XIs (experienced or random) and they are all forced to vote even if they don't have the faintest idea of what is going on. XI votes = no draw.
Oh, you were being serious? I thought you were joking! :lol:

I'm useless at picking up on meaning from print. Need "Janet and John" style language and words of two syllables max.

idmanager

Shh, don't say that. You can't make an opinion without calling someone a cnut.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Irrespective of his posting, at beginning of match, I would have assumed he was an AM based on posts in draft thread. Harsh, but I think his vote should be excluded. Feel sorry for Sinister here, though. Incredibly bad luck.
Tuppet already gave the win to Sinister, so you shouldn't feel sorry for him

idmanager

Ah, didn't see that.

In that case I shift my feeling sorry for idmanager.
Thanks and no worries mate.
If not for the irrelevant controversy at the end, I actually enjoyed this match up a lot, with the number of people who actually got involved in the discussion, something which I cribbed about in my very first draft game in the 4-way draft.
I'll take bridging the gap in terms of votes after the 3-13 start as a moral victory, eitherways :)