Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Yeah this is obviously going to be the best documented case of his abuse of power and it looks like new witnesses are actually offering upn information that will make the case for impeachment stronger. You don't want to drag it out but you also want to dig up all you can while you can.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The WH's response was a disgrace. "Radical unelected bureaucrat"...cnuts.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Pelosi has still not called for an inquiry vote. Absolute weapon.
I think it's worth watching how the Republicans in the house 'questioned' Lewandowski, and how that hearing went in general. Because if she moves to a full inquiry, my understanding is that all these interviews will be opened up to Gym Jordan and McCarthy, who are basically Trump bumper-stickers with punchable faces.

Seems to me 3 things:
1. They're gathering the evidence, formally and legally, so it can be put together into a single case/document that is bullet-proof.
2. The GOP know full well how bad that evidence is, because to a shameless man they're attacking the process, not the crime.
3. Nancy Pelosi is good at politics. So as weird as it looks to me and you and many others, she's surrounded by smart people and is a smart person, who has lived this world for years.

Beachryan

It's just another talking point they're trying out, as 'he didn't do it', 'he didn't do all of it', 'he did it but there was nothing wrong with it' all failed.

Now it's he did it, it's bad, but it's not that bad. Been Lindsay's take all along to be fair.

Adisa

I think it's worth watching how the Republicans in the house 'questioned' Lewandowski, and how that hearing went in general. Because if she moves to a full inquiry, my understanding is that all these interviews will be opened up to Gym Jordan and McCarthy, who are basically Trump bumper-stickers with punchable faces.

Seems to me 3 things:
1. They're gathering the evidence, formally and legally, so it can be put together into a single case/document that is bullet-proof.
2. The GOP know full well how bad that evidence is, because to a shameless man they're attacking the process, not the crime.
3. Nancy Pelosi is good at politics. So as weird as it looks to me and you and many others, she's surrounded by smart people and is a smart person, who has lived this world for years.
The Dem's are up against time. Soon, nobody including Dems will care about this stuff.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is this them attempting to take control of the narrative and create a legal pretext around "Abuse of power" not being referenced in any legal context?

I.e. Exactly the same thing they did with "Collusion" which is an informal word Trump and the right wing media used for the alleged actions when in reality "Conspiracy" was being alleged.

In this case, Trump's "abuse of powers" are actually "bribery", "extortion", "election interference", "campaign finance violation" and "obstruction of justice".

All of the above constitute "Abuses of power" as he used his position as President to commit the crimes".

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Just look at that so-called headline. It's disgraceful that Fox presents opinion as actual news.

Beachryan

Just look at that so-called headline. It's disgraceful that Fox presents opinion as actual news.
I mean, Fox is pretty much literally the single thing ruining an otherwise great country. It's absolutely staggering how ignorant and angry its viewership is, and how removed they are from reality. I don't even blame them, everytime there's a big news story I go check how Fox is covering it, and if it's negative to their brand, they likely won't cover it at all.

I'd probably deny climate change if all I watched was Fox. And think Trump is awesome.

Adisa

Is this them attempting to take control of the narrative and create a legal pretext around "Abuse of power" not being referenced in any legal context?

I.e. Exactly the same thing they did with "Collusion" which is an informal word Trump and the right wing media used for the alleged actions when in reality "Conspiracy" was being alleged.

In this case, Trump's "abuse of powers" are actually "bribery", "extortion", "election interference", "campaign finance violation" and "obstruction of justice".

All of the above constitute "Abuses of power" as he used his position as President to commit the crimes".
It's classic gaslighting. He might be correct that abuse of power isn't a crime. But that's not the debate. Abuse of power is basically the reason there is an impeachment clause.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's classic gaslighting. He might be correct that abuse of power isn't a crime. But that's not the debate. Abuse of power is basically the reason there is an impeachment clause.
Exactly the same tactic they successfully used with Mueller and talking about 'Collusion' instead of 'Conspiracy'.

Drifter

American
Defense Department official Laura Cooper to testify in impeachment inquiry about military aid to Ukraine

Looks like they are beginning to defy the WH.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
The Dem's are up against time. Soon, nobody including Dems will care about this stuff.
People keep saying this but the polling numbers suggest otherwise. Impeachment proceedings are gaining favorability and with it, I am willing to bet, people's interesting in the story will increase too. Will still fall on Dems to paint a clear picture for Joe Public but the State Dept employees' testimony seems to be doing a good job of that as well.

Adisa

People keep saying this but the polling numbers suggest otherwise. Impeachment proceedings are gaining favorability and with it, I am willing to bet, people's interesting in the story will increase too. Will still fall on Dems to paint a clear picture for Joe Public but the State Dept employees' testimony seems to be doing a good job of that as well.
At the moment, this is consuming the news cycle. Soon, primaries start then it will be the presidential campaign. This will be an afterthought.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Fox News is up there, but there are many reasons why the US is not a great country, and most of them can't be blamed on a TV network.
You can also blame hard right talk radio, which exploded in popularity after Reagan got rid of the Fairness Doctrine.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Even their outrage is fake.

bleedred

I remember in the initial hearing with the IG (Maguire?) who received the complaint from the whistleblower , a republican senator of the panel said, it would be better if we do it closed and not public.

Now they want it public!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.