Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbob

Ooooh he's not gonna pull punches
He might even go crazy enough to kill another pile of foreigners!! I can't wait! What an amazing situation to have a system so broken that you rely on pieces of shit like Bolton to take down Trump. Although I guess he's no worse than the majority of Democrats at heart.

kidbob

He's an honest man, doesn't want part in any high crimes. He just wants to fecking bomb Iran.
That man is a champion of the freedom of the great USA. He'll rid you of Trump and allow you to carry on with such great freedoms as private prison, paid for healthcare and education. All you need to do is get rid of Trump and bring in another Democrat corporate shill and things are sure to improve. I sure wish I had the freedoms of a poor person in America and I wasn't so lazy to be born to a family who didn't have billions to give to me.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Those butt dials...I don't see that implicates guiliani and the first it says something damning for the Biden son.

Might not be a butt dial but on purpose?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Those butt dials...I don't see that implicates guiliani and the first it says something damning for the Biden son.

Might not be a butt dial but on purpose?
It does seem a bit too convenient. Giuliani himself may not be the brightest but I'm sure he has some powerful folks planning this out for him. Giuliani probably knows a lot more than we know so far and I would imagine they don't want him to disclose more.
It's also easy to believe Giuliani might have done this on accident because if his other erratic behavior. Then again - so far almost every time we said surely someone can't be that dumb it turns out they actually were.

Drifter

American
Federal judge rules impeachment inquiry is legal

That takes away the WH/ GOP's major talking point.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Federal judge rules impeachment inquiry is legal

That takes away the WH/ GOP's major talking point.
Not sure it does ... Obama appointed judge sides with lying democrats in illegal witch hunt against the bestist president ever to deflect attention from hunter and Joe bidens corruption... She should be arrested for wasting government time that could have been used to investigate the real crimes of Hillary's emails so we can drain the swamp and lock her up

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If after all the evidence, the SC decides for Trump, then a Bernie President will simply need to stack the court.
Well I think there a quite a few steps from a court decision in trump's favour (and of course it may not even go to the sc) to a Bernie president... You know winning the nomination... His health... Winning a general election.

I think the odds on Bernie being the next president are about 16/1 to put it in perspective
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Well I think there a quite a few steps from a court decision in trump's favour (and of course it may not even go to the sc) to a Bernie president... You know winning the nomination... His health... Winning a general election.

I think the odds on Bernie being the next president are about 16/1 to put it in perspective
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics
what were the odds for a Hillary presidency?

Nothing is certain in life.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Trump is extremely unlikely to win in the SC.
The Supreme Court ruling that an impeachment hearing is illegal would pretty much be the end of the Supreme Court, surely. They've just about barely managed to hold on to the idea that they are not beholden to politics, but that would thoroughly dispel that notion.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The Supreme Court ruling that an impeachment hearing is illegal would pretty much be the end of the Supreme Court, surely. They've just about barely managed to hold on to the idea that they are not beholden to politics, but that would thoroughly dispel that notion.
The SC make controversial decisions far less often than people believe, and deliver 9/0 decisions a lot more often than people think. Sure when it’s something that’s open to a bit of political interpretation, they can produce some bullshit decisions like Citizens United, but that isn’t by any means the norm.

Trump is brazenly violating laws and the constitution and the impeachment enquiry into him is following the constitution mandate congress has. The idea that the SC is going to pull out some crazy ass decision that pisses all over the constitution, precedent and the law is absolutely laughable. SC judges are lifetime appointments. They have absolutely nothing to gain by helping Trump, and the weight of history leaning over their shoulders.

Fergies Gum

Damaging testimony. Things are going from bad to worse when the likes of Sondland are starting to turn on Trump. The only reason Sondland got the ambassador gig in the first place was because his businesses donated 1 million to Trump's inauguration committee.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The only reason Sondland got the ambassador gig in the first place was because his businesses donated 1 million to Trump's inauguration committee.
Which isn't even that surprising. Loads of businessmen tend to donate to a new POTUS or someone likely to win to curry favor. In other words - a lot of them that did will have no long term loyalty to the guy - because they would have done it for anyone else. Trump's heavy reliance on people with money who are arguably much successful than he is will eventually be his undoing you would think.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Just look at that comment from the Press Secretary:
Guardian said:
Trump hits out at John Kelly's warning about impeachment

Donald Trump hit back at his former chief of staff, John Kelly, after Kelly said he had warned the president about impeachment.

Kelly said he “felt bad” for having left Trump’s side, because his advice was not followed and the president therefore faced impeachment.

Speaking at the Sea Island Summit, an event in Georgia organised by the conservative Washington Examiner, Kelly said that on leaving, he had said: “Whatever you do, don’t hire a ‘yes man’ – someone who won’t tell you the truth.”

“Don’t do that,” the retired marine general said he had told Trump. “Because if you do, I believe you will be impeached.”

CNN reported that the US president denied Kelly’s remarks.

“John Kelly never said that,” Trump said, according to CNN. “He never anything like that.

“If he would have said that I would have thrown him out of the office. He just wants to come back into the action like everybody else.”

The White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, confirmed Trump’s response: “I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President.”

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If Trump is ever impeached, it's because GOP senators will have been swayed by disastrously low approval ratings for Trump. If his approval rating gets that low he'd never win any election anyway.
Possibly... But if he could run as an independent (or at least threaten to) that Might make the republican party think twice about going ahead with impeachment.
I certainly don't think he could win as an independent... But I do think he could make it impossible for the republicans to win
Logically if they impeach him (which I doubt) they should stop him from running

nimic

something nice
Scout
Possibly... But if he could run as an independent (or at least threaten to) that Might make the republican party think twice about going ahead with impeachment.
I certainly don't think he could win as an independent... But I do think he could make it impossible for the republicans to win
Logically if they impeach him (which I doubt) they should stop him from running
Honestly, if Trump is impeached the GOP has already forfeited the next election. At that point they're impeaching him to stop him from destroying them for good.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
everytime I think we have hit bottom with the Republicans, they manage to get lower.
I hope you are right.
But we have 5 full time corporate stooges there.

InfiniteBoredom

I wonder if that means they finally feel their case is iron clad. It being the Dems though you d have to wonder if they re not being stupid. I hope it's the first.
I think Sondland singing like a canary did it. He had first hand knowledge corroborated by Taylor’s account.

I wonder if there’s a scenario wherein he gets acquitted in the Senate but the foreign donation case is ironclad and the FEC forbids him from running.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I think Sondland singing like a canary did it. He had first hand knowledge corroborated by Taylor’s account.

I wonder if there’s a scenario wherein he gets acquitted in the Senate but the foreign donation case is ironclad and the FEC forbids him from running.
I don't think the FEC has any power at all right now. The Trump administration has prevented it from having sufficient commissioners to constitute a quorum.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Is this the point where we all go "here we go" only for the democrats to chicken out and not go ahead with it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.