Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wild, he was actually tricked into thinking that was a real photo and is now doing his best to back track
I don't get it. Wouldn't het have remembered being there when the photo was taken? Especially since the raid was about 10 minutes ago?

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Historian Allan Lichtman is on my local TV guaranteeing Trump will be impeached. :eek:

If you don't know of Lichtman, he's predicted 7 of the last 8 presidents correctly and is a professor at the American University in DC.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Do you think Trump will cut the deal with Pence?

That would be win win for all concerned.

Trump gets away with a pardon and Pence gets to be President and contest 2020 without all the baggage.
A few if's, but if Trump actually ends up being on the losing side of the impeachment, and if Pence for some reason should choose not to pardon him, what would happen to him then?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
A few if's, but if Trump actually ends up being on the losing side of the impeachment, and if Pence for some reason should choose not to pardon him, what would happen to him then?
My scenario is if Trump resigns before the Senate has to try him.
Which is the most likely possibility.

Pence will pardon him rather than all this hurting the party imo.

Dr. Dwayne

Do you think Trump will cut the deal with Pence?

That would be win win for all concerned.

Trump gets away with a pardon and Pence gets to be President and contest 2020 without all the baggage.
Probably what you say below, mate.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Oh, I'm sure he'll resign before it happens or get pardoned if not. I was just wondering if there's anything in the constitution or elsewhere about what to do with a President if convicted of what what he's accused of.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

If the Republicans get to that stage of bargaining, the Democrats will go for Pence too, considering he was in on all the duplicitous shit Trump has pulled.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Historian Allan Lichtman is on my local TV guaranteeing Trump will be impeached. :eek:

If you don't know of Lichtman, he's predicted 7 of the last 8 presidents correctly and is a professor at the American University in DC.
It's a guarantee that he's going to be impeached IMO. The facts/evidence that have been made public so far are more than enough grounds for impeachment and there has been plenty of Republican representatives who have been in the closed hearings who have conceded that the testimonies are very serious and very damaging.

On top of that, the Democrats have the numbers in the House to make it a formality.

Over to the Senate, the Republicans are making it clear as day they don't give a feck what the evidence is and what he has been accused of, they will not convict and they are probably being going to be true to their word on that however it's not impossible that once the public testimonies start and the American public begin to learn the depths of what they have been up to then it's not impossible that R polling will slide and they will be forced to act on it.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
If the Republicans get to that stage of bargaining, the Democrats will go for Pence too, considering he was in on all the duplicitous shit Trump has pulled.
Unless there's a slam dunk case against Pence, I can't see the Dems forcing the issue against him. There is less than a snowball's chance in hell that the GOP would let President Pelosi happen. Rather they'd likely let Pence take over, heavily stained, and run against that in 2020.

Of course all of this presumes that the GOP would act responsibly in the first place and I think we've only seen evidence that there is no level they won't stoop to to protect Trump because doing so protects themselves. So all of the discussion on the possibilities is probably moot anyway.

Precaution

Pence has all the charisma of wet paper towel soaked in bleach, however he does have strong support from Christian groups and republican voters will always vote R no matter who is in charge, could be Roy Moore and they'd still claim he's the saviour.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Unless there's a slam dunk case against Pence, I can't see the Dems forcing the issue against him. There is less than a snowball's chance in hell that the GOP would let President Pelosi happen. Rather they'd likely let Pence take over, heavily stained, and run against that in 2020.

Of course all of this presumes that the GOP would act responsibly in the first place and I think we've only seen evidence that there is no level they won't stoop to to protect Trump because doing so protects themselves. So all of the discussion on the possibilities is probably moot anyway.
All the evidence that works against Trump works against pence as well considering he was listening in on all the Ukraine calls. He was witness to law breaking and decided to not report it even after multiple others on the call raised questions.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
All the evidence that works against Trump works against pence as well considering he was listening in on all the Ukraine calls. He was witness to law breaking and decided to not report it even after multiple others on the call raised questions.
Maybe. The Giuliani stuff you figure came directly from Trump. I guess we will see once all the evidence is made public. If the GOP want to protect Pence, they will and throw someone like Mulvaney away as a sacrifice.

bleedred

I don't understand why the dems have to go with the angle of "Quid pro-quo" is a crime?. I mean even asking a foreign government for investigating a political rival is a crime, isnt it?. Is it because the dems think that wouldn't be "crime enough" for impeachment?

Proving quid pro-quo would be hard even to the general public, because its all about interpretations of the language used.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The underside of all this Biden's son's involvement.
Why the Dems are nervous about him and Hillary is being touted.
It raises a bigger point. The same thing happens here in the UK. Vlose associates of government officials getting well paid gigs for no reason apart from know or being related to someone.
Trump is a crook and a hypocrite but the Biden thing stinks.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It raises a bigger point. The same thing happens here in the UK. Vlose associates of government officials getting well paid gigs for no reason apart from know or being related to someone.
Trump is a crook and a hypocrite but the Biden thing stinks.
So the Dems are left with Warren who is running as Bernie lite to please the corporatists and the Progressives which will have her falling through the middle.
Why would progressives vote for Warren when they can vote for the Real thing in Bernie.

Her roll out for Health Care will reveal she is not for Single Payer at all.

LARulz

Trump will resign when it looks worse. He will make sure it becomes a shit show and then resign or whatever "for the good of the country". That way he can always keep a fake legacy going that he was forced out, not beaten in an election

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Trump will resign when it looks worse. He will make sure it becomes a shit show and then resign or whatever "for the good of the country". That way he can always keep a fake legacy going that he was forced out, not beaten in an election
And he'd still be eligible to stand for another term again. Resign now and then 4 years later, contest again.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Pence has all the charisma of wet paper towel soaked in bleach, however he does have strong support from Christian groups and republican voters will always vote R no matter who is in charge, could be Roy Moore and they'd still claim he's the saviour.
To go along with that - it might be a way for the Rs to wash their hands clean of things because now you can claim you stand with the guy who did nothing wrong, even when he undoubtedly loses the next election. Seems to be the only way though for the RNC to save face and gear up for the next election.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Like what? Both the meeting Russians and Biden investigation plys all the emolument issues are all Trump centric. I'm not sure which issues at hand can be pinned on Pence for complicity.

LARulz

And he'd still be eligible to stand for another term again. Resign now and then 4 years later, contest again.
That would actually be pretty incredible. But I imagine the Democrats to stop this happening would still try and bring some sort of criminal proceedings to him so he doesn't just get away with it

Dr. Dwayne

Doesn't he still have to worry about the SDNY filing?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't think there's any chance Trump would put "for the good of the country" as a reason to resign. If he does resign, he'll probably say that his job is done. Look at the economy, we're out of the Middle East, America is Great Again, time to let Daddy Pence carry on the legacy.

ChaddyP

Who are the two dems that voted no for the impeachment agenda . I assume one is the Tulsi

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Who are the two dems that voted no for the impeachment agenda . I assume one is the Tulsi
Tulsi voted in favour, surprisingly.

Peterson - Minnesota
Van Drew - New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.