Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hickenlooper will take this guy to the woodshed In November.

It was always going to happen, so I guess it was a strategic move to be liked by Trump and get some position if Trump gets re-elected. A bit like Doug Jones voting like he is from California.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It was always going to happen, so I guess it was a strategic move to be liked by Trump and get some position if Trump gets re-elected. A bit like Doug Jones voting like he is from California.
The new view on Gardner is he is claiming no in order to see how big the shitstorm is, at which point he may revert to a yes and use it to score political points in his Senate campaign.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
:lol: Not mine, but a good summary of how absurd this circus is.

ALL THE WITNESSES: Ok we all agree. This is what happened.

REPUBLICANS: None of you were in the room!

BOLTON: \*raises hand\* Well I was in the...

REPUBLICANS: Who asked you?! Shut up! You’re a liberal pawn!

BOLTON: Um... I’m actually I’m a lifelong Republican and I was literally Trump’s national security advi...

REPUBLICANS: Shut your mustache! Somebody bring back the first national security advisor.

FLYNN: \*in orange jumpsuit\* Hey sorry guys I’m in jail.

REPUBLICANS: What? Why?

FLYNN: For lying to the FBI about the Russia investigation.

REPUBLICANS: Well what idiot told you to do that?!

FLYNN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! No one believes either of you!

KELLY: \*raises hand\* I believe them. And I was Trump’s Chief of sta...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! Let’s talk to the real chief of staff. Who is he?

MULVANEY: \*raises hand\* It’s me.

REPUBLICANS: Shit. Never mind.

PARNAS: \*raises hand\* I was also in the room. In fact, here’s a cell phone video of the President saying that...

REPUBLICANS: Wait what?! How in hell did you sneak a cell phone into a meeting with the President?

PARNAS: It was easy I just walked right in and...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! You’re a criminal!

PARNAS: Correct. And I just walked right into...

TRUMP: I don’t know him.

PARNAS: And here’s 500 pictures of me with the President because we’re besties.

REPUBLICANS: Wait... What idiot introduced you to the President??

PARNAS: His personal lawyer.

REPUBLICANS: Cohen??

COHEN: \*also in orange jumpsuit\* Hey no sorry guys I’m in jail too.

REPUBLICANS: Why?

COHEN: For campaign finance violations.

REPUBLICANS: Who’s campaign?

COHEN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up!

PARNAS: It was Giuliani.

YOVANOVITCH: Giuliani! That’s the guy who had me fired from my job!

REPUBLICANS: Who are you??

YOVANOVITCH: I was the ambassador to Ukraine.

REPUBLICANS: Wait, you had her fired? Do you work for the government??

GIULIANI: Nope.

REPUBLICANS: Well who is the ambassador to the European Union??

SONDLAND: \*raises hand\* Me. I was also in the roo...

REPUBLICANS: F@$&!!!

PUTIN: \*rubs his bare chest\*

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
:lol: Not mine, but a good summary of how absurd this circus is.

ALL THE WITNESSES: Ok we all agree. This is what happened.

REPUBLICANS: None of you were in the room!

BOLTON: \*raises hand\* Well I was in the...

REPUBLICANS: Who asked you?! Shut up! You’re a liberal pawn!

BOLTON: Um... I’m actually I’m a lifelong Republican and I was literally Trump’s national security advi...

REPUBLICANS: Shut your mustache! Somebody bring back the first national security advisor.

FLYNN: \*in orange jumpsuit\* Hey sorry guys I’m in jail.

REPUBLICANS: What? Why?

FLYNN: For lying to the FBI about the Russia investigation.

REPUBLICANS: Well what idiot told you to do that?!

FLYNN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! No one believes either of you!

KELLY: \*raises hand\* I believe them. And I was Trump’s Chief of sta...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! Let’s talk to the real chief of staff. Who is he?

MULVANEY: \*raises hand\* It’s me.

REPUBLICANS: Shit. Never mind.

PARNAS: \*raises hand\* I was also in the room. In fact, here’s a cell phone video of the President saying that...

REPUBLICANS: Wait what?! How in hell did you sneak a cell phone into a meeting with the President?

PARNAS: It was easy I just walked right in and...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! You’re a criminal!

PARNAS: Correct. And I just walked right into...

TRUMP: I don’t know him.

PARNAS: And here’s 500 pictures of me with the President because we’re besties.

REPUBLICANS: Wait... What idiot introduced you to the President??

PARNAS: His personal lawyer.

REPUBLICANS: Cohen??

COHEN: \*also in orange jumpsuit\* Hey no sorry guys I’m in jail too.

REPUBLICANS: Why?

COHEN: For campaign finance violations.

REPUBLICANS: Who’s campaign?

COHEN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up!

PARNAS: It was Giuliani.

YOVANOVITCH: Giuliani! That’s the guy who had me fired from my job!

REPUBLICANS: Who are you??

YOVANOVITCH: I was the ambassador to Ukraine.

REPUBLICANS: Wait, you had her fired? Do you work for the government??

GIULIANI: Nope.

REPUBLICANS: Well who is the ambassador to the European Union??

SONDLAND: \*raises hand\* Me. I was also in the roo...

REPUBLICANS: F@$&!!!

PUTIN: \*rubs his bare chest\*
Brilliant!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I expect we will see some serious leaks between now and the vote. If they vote it down the leaking will become nuclear.

If Trump and McConnell think it will be over if they pull it to a sham ending like this, I think they’re going to be in for a shock.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well the questioning is such a waste of time. I thought that they were going to be cross-examining each other? But they're just using their own questions as another opportunity to rehash the same old opening arguments.

What a waste of time and a sham process. US politics are dumb as feck.

sport2793

I'm a little scared for the long-term health of the republic with some of the arguments the GOP is making now. A president can basically do anything to get re-elected based on what some of these hacks are saying.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I'm a little scared for the long-term health of the republic with some of the arguments the GOP is making now. A president can basically do anything to get re-elected based on what some of these hacks are saying.
A Republican President*

They will get their morals and outrage back for the next Democrat President.

sport2793

A Republican President*

They will get their morals and outrage back for the next Democrat President.
I agree but it doesn't make me feel less scared, arguably more. The Dems need to win everything in 2020, that is a must.

sport2793

Next to zero chance of that.
It's not 0 percent, more like 10-20 percent in reality. When I mean everything I mean retain control of House, gain 3 net seats in Senate and win presidency. Retaining control of House + winning presidency would also be sufficient.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's not 0 percent, more like 10-20 percent in reality. When I mean everything I mean retain control of House, gain 3 net seats in Senate and win presidency. Retaining control of House + winning presidency would also be sufficient.
House and Presidency isn’t enough so long as the turtle retains control of the senate. They’d get nothing passed even if they wanted to.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
House and Presidency isn’t enough so long as the turtle retains control of the senate. They’d get nothing passed even if they wanted to.
Hung Senate would also do.
My prediction now is for the House to expand their majority and Republicans to hold then senate 51/49, with Romney absolutely loving having two years of getting whatever he asks for in return for blocking everything the Democrat President and House attempt.

sport2793

My prediction now is for the House to expand their majority and Republicans to hold then senate 51/49, with Romney absolutely loving having two years of getting whatever he asks for in return for blocking everything the Democrat President and House attempt.
Ya that seems a likely outcome in fairness.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Trump’s defense team are a joke, if this was a real trial and not just a TV spectacle, the judge would be kicking the living shit out of them repeatedly.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Zinger of a question from Warren.

Surely the use of witnesses falls under the notion of "natural justice" in that witnesses would prevent an abuse of process or power by the senate in determining the outcomes of the trial.

Lets not kid ourselves, the GOP senators dont want witnesses because it will absolutely destroy their credibility to officiate if they make a decision that goes against the overwhelming evidence that Trump is guilty as sin. In otherwords, if witness testimony is allowed, Trump is cooked because more than supporting this feck, the GOP need to retain credibility, if not for this election, but for the next 3 or 4. They would be better versed coping the hit on this election and removing Trump, then losing the next 3 or 4 by the time the time this clown has another 4 years to destroy the US.

The easy way out for the GOP would be to simply elongate the process until after the election, then vote Trump guilty in the Senate and put the VP in place surely!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In the meantime... Evil shit continues in the background. And surprise surprise.. Another something Obama put into effect. He really is the most petty of them all because I doubt he even has then cognitive skills to know what he s doing every time he rolls one of these things back.

‘Absolutely horrific’: Trump preparing to roll back restrictions on US military use of landmines
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/ab...restrictions-on-us-military-use-of-landmines/

Dr. StrangeHate

Trump’s defense team are a joke, if this was a real trial and not just a TV spectacle, the judge would be kicking the living shit out of them repeatedly.
Don't they have a supreme court judge overseeing the proceedings.
Plus most judges are conservative now any way due to Mitch so these kind of defenses will become common practice.

Dr. StrangeHate

Surely the use of witnesses falls under the notion of "natural justice" in that witnesses would prevent an abuse of process or power by the senate in determining the outcomes of the trial.

Lets not kid ourselves, the GOP senators dont want witnesses because it will absolutely destroy their credibility to officiate if they make a decision that goes against the overwhelming evidence that Trump is guilty as sin. In otherwords, if witness testimony is allowed, Trump is cooked because more than supporting this feck, the GOP need to retain credibility, if not for this election, but for the next 3 or 4. They would be better versed coping the hit on this election and removing Trump, then losing the next 3 or 4 by the time the time this clown has another 4 years to destroy the US.

The easy way out for the GOP would be to simply elongate the process until after the election, then vote Trump guilty in the Senate and put the VP in place surely!
During the Brett Kavanaugh appointment they had a very credible witness. The GOP didn't care then and Trump's approval actually went up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You're not surprised but still left bewildered by the gymnastics used to defend their actions.

Even polls show the Republicans want witnesses.
This is a farce. Very happy, I did not watch.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
You're not surprised but still left bewildered at the gymnastics used to defend their actions.
Even polls show the Republicans want witnesses.
This is a farce. Very happy, I did not watch.

Total exoneration :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.