Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precaution

High line for impeachment? Didnt they impeach Clinton for a BJ in the oval office?

Being a corrupt fker - totes cool
Getting frisky - no way Jose

Revan

Assumptionman
My prediction now is for the House to expand their majority and Republicans to hold then senate 51/49, with Romney absolutely loving having two years of getting whatever he asks for in return for blocking everything the Democrat President and House attempt.
Yep, hard to see 4 seats flip. Colorado will flip, but so will Alabama. Then Dems would need to win Arizona (doable), Maine (possible, but more unlikely than likely) and get one of the Georgia seats. Stranger things have happened, but it is quite difficult.

I actually see Murkowski as the most important senator in that scenario. Quite moderate for a Republican, and doesn’t need the party to get re-elected (even if she loses the primary to Paulin she can win on write in votes providing that Dems get wise and don’t nominate anyone).

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
High line for impeachment? Didnt they impeach Clinton for a BJ in the oval office?

More for lying about it I would have thought. In comparison to this Impeachment though it was nothing though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Romney's aides have confirmed he will vote for witnesses.

Haddock

Perjury, obstruction of justice and abuse of power (the BJ). Also, Clinton wasn't/isn't corrupt? :lol:

Haddock

It's a safe bet that every postwar POTUS bar Carter and maybe Obama could have been impeached.
Including the two of them. I can think of a few pre-war ones as well.

Not strictly re: impeachment: Liberals like to think of FDR as a great saint. Fact is that he packed courts and set the precedent for what Presidents now do. The only good outcome of that was the appointment of Hugo Black - a tremendous judge.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Including the two of them. I can think of a few pre-war ones as well.

Not strictly re: impeachment: Liberals like to think of FDR as a great saint. Fact is that he packed courts and set the precedent for what Presidents now do. The only good outcome of that was the appointment of Hugo Black - a tremendous judge.

What's the Carter one?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'd be truly scared if I was american right now. The levels of orwellian insanity we've seen in this trial are astonishing. Senators ignoring reality as if they're some random joe believing conspiracy blogs. I struggle to see how this can be classified as a functional democracy.

Amarsdd

always remember the mantra "there are no good republicans", and you'll never be shocked. All of them grade-A cnuts.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Even if Murkowski was voting for additional witness, surely that's a tactical vote to spare a potential sore spot for Republicans. It's not because of spine and integrity

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Dont be disappointed! The purpose wasn't to win this vote, it was to impeach the fcker. Which has happened. His crimes are now public record. GOP senators in swing states just voted against the majority of their constituents (on witnesses).

Bolton's book and Parnas potential testimony still to come, not to mention all the NY state stuff ticking along.

Going through this is not a win for Trump, no matter how hard he tries to pretend.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Dont be disappointed! The purpose wasn't to win this vote, it was to impeach the fcker. Which has happened. His crimes are now public record. GOP senators in swing states just voted against the majority of their constituents (on witnesses).

Bolton's book and Parnas potential testimony still to come, not to mention all the NY state stuff ticking along.

Going through this is not a win for Trump, no matter how hard he tries to pretend.
Subverting democracy to own the libs.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’ve never been so invested in American politics than over the last year or so.

The hatred I have for this President is unfathomable. Literally anything good is undone by his administration. Any way he can benefit to massage his fragile ego and line the pockets of him and his cronies makes me borderline nauseous.

Watching the blatant cover up just angers me more.

Get this orange, demented cnut out. He’s a grifter, charlatan, con man. I wish every ill health on him.

I sit here in the U.K, hours from Brexit lamenting the past 4/5 years and wondering where the feck common sense went.

Vote this pathetic bitch out (if the Russians will allow it). I sincerely hope he suffers a most miserable end.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
51-49 against witnesses.
RIP America.

Fergies Gum

always remember the mantra "there are no good republicans", and you'll never be shocked. All of them grade-A cnuts.
I’ve never been so invested in American politics than over the last year or so.

The hatred I have for this President is unfathomable. Literally anything good is undone by his administration. Any way he can benefit to massage his fragile ego and line the pockets of him and his cronies makes me borderline nauseous.

Watching the blatant cover up just angers me more.

Get this orange, demented cnut out. He’s a grifter, charlatan, con man. I wish every ill health on him.

I sit here in the U.K, hours from Brexit lamenting the past 4/5 years and wondering where the feck common sense went.

Vote this pathetic bitch out (if the Russians will allow it). I sincerely hope he suffers a most miserable end.
Just hope we get a record turnout in November so that we can return to sanity. Things are going to get much more worse if Trump gets a 2nd term, as he will then feel more brazen as he wont have to worry about re-election.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Just hope we get a record turnout in November so that we can return to sanity. Things are going to get much more worse if Trump gets a 2nd term, as he will then feel more brazen as he wont have to worry about re-election.
He won’t feel any more brazen. He already was full-on brazen from the start. And he doesn’t even know what the word ‘brazen’ means.

Status
Not open for further replies.