Donald Trump - GUILTY!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
And likely broken the law again by getting funds transferred from a PAC to pay said legal fees.

Surely this will mean fund raising will dry up. Why would people donate to his election fund when almost every cent seems to be going to legal fees from past events and nothing to do with campaigning? Paying a billionaires legal fees seems mad under any circumstance.
Charges on the $$$$ is probably coming as the news on how much only came out yesterday

It won't dry up though, the morons that send this money know what it is used for, they're just so deluded

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
At least when it comes to people who make money over his back I sort of understand. Look at just about every single one suddenly crowing the opposite once their shackles are of. What I don't get at all is people who say the same thing and have zero to gain from it. In many ways the opposite.
The same in Australian and the UK. The biggest con of all is the right convincing the middle and lower soci-economic groups (and classes) to vote for them when they hate them, and just want to enrich themselves and their mates at the top end of town. You could substitute any given group for "foreigner" and it works just as well.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Well, many rulings in US are based in a document from 1776
Dudes who have avatar‘s like the one seen in the tweet are the worst. You can tell by that little picture that they are some lonely nerds who convinced themselves that nobody wants to play with them because they are so smart.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Well. My mistake on the year, but the point stands

The same gor the second amemdment that is prior yo 1866 and probably that guy is a fan of it
Can you translate that last bit?

Hamnat

While I am sure Trump will be able to find lawyers it should be quite a warning that he is going to have to throw the other lawyers he had who are now co conspirators under the bus. And if he ends up getting convicted he will probably toss these lawyers under the bus as well as not pay them for appeals.

Man has no loyalty and doesn't pay his bills.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Can you translate that last bit?
What you mean? I made a mistake confusing the declaration of independence year for the US constitution but my point stands as it still 1789 and the guy is crying for a law from 1866 that indicts Trump while he surely belives that the US constitition is good enough being older. So the second ammendment

Mike Smalling

I occasionally check into r/Conservative to see how they react to stuff, and one of them posted this. It really is insane how many scandals Trump has had, and how many times people have thought "We got him!". Hopefully this time will be different, but I doubt it.

2016 Hillary Will Get Trump!
2017 Tax Returns
2017 Comey
2018 Mueller
2019 Stormy
2019 Avenatti
2020 Impeachment 1
2021 Tish James
2021 Impeachment 2
2021 Garland
2022 Jan 6 Trial
2022 Taxes Again
2023 Stormy Again
2023 Alvin Bragg
2023 EJ Carroll
2023 Jack Smith Will Get Trump!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
While I am sure Trump will be able to find lawyers it should be quite a warning that he is going to have to throw the other lawyers he had who are now co conspirators under the bus. And if he ends up getting convicted he will probably toss these lawyers under the bus as well as not pay them for appeals.

Man has no loyalty and doesn't pay his bills.
Trump can't afford to piss these co conspirators off, there's a reason these people haven't been charged yet.

Jack Smith is hoping to beef up his case by having one or more of these folks as prosecution witnesses, they'll get generous plea deals if they cooperate, if they don't they'll be charged eventually

As for bills, of course he doesn't pay them, his dumb supporters do

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I occasionally check into r/Conservative to see how they react to stuff, and one of them posted this. It really is insane how many scandals Trump has had, and how many times people have thought "We got him!". Hopefully this time will be different, but I doubt it.

2017 Tax Returns
2017 Comey
2018 Mueller
2019 Stormy
2019 Avenatti
2020 Impeachment 1
2021 Tish James
2021 Impeachment 2
2021 Garland
2022 Jan 6 Trial
2022 Taxes Again
2023 Stormy Again
2023 Alvin Bragg
2023 EJ Carroll
This time it is different, this is the only time he's being accused of stuff whilst he was actually President

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
What you mean? I made a mistake confusing the declaration of independence year for the US constitution but my point stands as it still 1789 and the guy is crying for a law from 1866 that indicts Trump while he surely belives that the US constitition is good enough being older. So the second ammendment
How old a law is doesn't matter if it does the job it's supposed to do, and this one does apparently, besides it's almost impossible to write any new laws these days!

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
How old a law is doesn't matter if it does the job it's supposed to do, and this one does apparently, besides it's almost impossible to write any new laws these days!
Aaand that is my point when i quoted the tweet?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Really? Looks like the indictments are acting as a rallying cry for his voting base.

To be clear, I'm not saying he shouldn't be indicted - in my view, he clearly belongs in jail.
The base just ain't that big anymore. His net gain from the indictments will be miniscule at best.

Mike Smalling

Really? Looks like the indictments are acting as a rallying cry for his voting base.

To be clear, I'm not saying he shouldn't be indicted - in my view, he clearly belongs in jail.
It’s inconsequential as to whether he wins the primaries or not - it’s already in the bag for him.

The indictments will have a negative effect on his chances to win the general. He needs independents, and this will surely turn them off. Also, this is emptying his PAC on legal fees instead of campaigning and ads.

Hamnat

Definetly less likely. He will and is use it for more money and donations and play up victim status of course. FIll up his depleted PAC funds we have seen from the reporting this week has been used to pay millions in legal fees and costs for him and his co conspirators.

The reality is millions of people will still vote for any R vs any Dem. But, a GOP win is going to be wholly reliant on not enough Democrats and Independents turning out. They will not get the popular vote they have no platform, no plan but hate, and culture wars. They have done absolutely nothing to broaden their base. So they have pushed election integrity initiatives based on lies to try and control voting at state levels and place barriers to purge mail in ballots and other avenues that Democrats, and minorities use more often.

Can they win? Yes technically. But again it will be because not enough Democrats and Independents turned out. And you can rest assured that the turnout will be enormous if GOP insist on running this idiot again. I don't care what they say about Biden gaffes or age etc. Who gives a shit if he falls down every now and then when you stack him up against everything we know about Trump.

Simbo

2017 Tax Returns
2017 Comey
2018 Mueller
2019 Stormy
2019 Avenatti
2020 Impeachment 1
2021 Tish James
2021 Impeachment 2
2021 Garland
2022 Jan 6 Trial
2022 Taxes Again
2023 Stormy Again
2023 Alvin Bragg
2023 EJ Carroll
I think being federally indicted is very different. It would have happened with Mueller, but for getting his buddy to rule a sitting pres can't be indicted. I don't forsee anything that can get him off this time, unless he can get to the juries somehow.