Donnarumma - 68% save ratio on penalties

KD6-3.7

I wish we had him as our GK. Not just he incredible penalty record but his an intimidating and confident figure which our defence really misses.

Welbeckham

Monstrous performance in this tournament. Polar opposite of someone like De Gea. Players like this win you tournaments.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He plays in a farmer's league though?

joke
I know it's a joke but...

Since EPL it's a thing there hasn't been any single national team who won a trophy and had more than 3-4 from EPL in their starting line up.

gorky_utd

With him in goal, we would have won the Europa league final. I hope the club is looking for someone like Martinez to replace DDG. They are a mental block in pen shootout.

Giggs86

With him in goal, we would have won the Europa league final. I hope the club is looking for someone like Martinez to replace DDG. They are a mental block in pen shootout.
Why go that far? We would've won the final with Henderson in goal for the pens.

Giggs86

It's his record in penalty shootouts. He's also won every penalty shootout he's ever participated in.
Surely Southgate knew that? That's a sackable offense if he actually knew that and played for pens since the 15th minute.

Abraxas

Was saying to the girlfriend from the start of the game if this goes to pens we have a 10% chance at best, he is a man mountain in that goal, looking around our side I fancied him over many of our takers which should never be the case for a penalty. There is definitely something to having a big keeper in these situations. As it happens Pickford also more than pulled his weight too.

Ace of Spades

Pickford was not bad either, this one is on Southgate and his negative crap that he serves up everytime.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I know it's a joke but...

Since EPL it's a thing there hasn't been any single national team who won a trophy and had more than 3-4 from EPL in their starting line up.
When France won world cup Lloris, Pogba, Kante, Giroud were all starters and all of them played in PL.

Copa America 2019 - Alisson, G. Jesus, Firmino were starters with Richarlison as a sub.

Edit: had more than 3 but not more than 4.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When France won world cup Lloris, Pogba, Kante, Giroud were all starters and all of them played in PL.

Copa America 2019 - Alisson, G. Jesus, Firmino were starters with Richarlison as a sub
In other words, no more than 3-4. :p

Judas

Open to offers
He's clearly good, but the Rashford one beat him and the other two we missed I'd expect most keepers to save.

Must get in players head what giant he is though, really does fill the goal.

rhajdu

He's clearly good, but the Rashford one beat him and the other two we missed I'd expect most keepers to save.

Must get in players head what giant he is though, really does fill the goal.
I thought that he did a number on Rashford. He didn't move at all during the penalties - very different from Pickford who couldn't stay in one place -, but suddenly made a little sidestep. It broke Rashford's run or at least that's what I saw.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Southgate quote after the game: ‘’if we made attacking changes earlier, we might have lost the game during normal time’’.

Coward.
Made his own case for why he should not be England manager right there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Say it again but he looked fecking intimidating between the sticks on the penalties. Surprised anyone got a shot past him.