Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Which Utd player's Mrs has he slept with is what I want to know.

Cant understand him getting just 6 mins in 5 games under Ralf. What's he done to not warrant a chance? He's been no worse than any of the others.

MrBest

He needs to go, i cant watch his career been destroyed as players like Scott play 10 games in a row whilst donny gets 6 mins in the prem in the last 5 games under Ralph. I am a fan of Donny, yes I may be bias but one fact is, he has not been given a fair chance here.

BlueHaze

He needs to go, i cant watch his career been destroyed as players like Scott play 10 games in a row whilst donny gets 6 mins in the prem in the last 5 games under Ralph. I am a fan of Donny, yes I may be bias but one fact is, he has not been given a fair chance here.
True, it's time for him to move on now. Actually hurts my eyes to see a talented player like him rotting on the bench while players like Fred and Matic gets chance after chance. When we had just signed Donny I don't think a single person thought this is how it all would turn out.

lex talionis

Donny needs to leave this catastrophe of a football club. Being relegated to the bench while McTominay and Fred leave their excrement on the pitch is humiliating. If he's deemed not good for United, fine, them let him go to Bayern or Real.

croadyman

Only Ten Hag becoming manager in the summer could save his Utd career, however hard to see us being an enticing prospect right now.

RuudTom83

He seems a nice guy, but you know how the saying goes…he needs to tell the manager he wants out.

Ralf had multiple conversations with Cavani in recent weeks, which were probably to convince Edi to stay.

Well Donny needs to be banging on the managers door or get Edwin on the phone for a lone move back to Ajax.

Foxbatt

Surely he cannot be any worse than McTominay? At least he is a better football player. Is there something in his contract that says if he plays more than a certain number of appearances for United, we have to pay Ajax a certain amount?

Marcus

I think Donny could actually save our season. Why he doesn't play I don't know. Give him two 90 minute games in a row. Then judge him. He seems like the type of intelligent player who will play to instructions.

MUFC OK

Mctominay has put in several displays over the past 3 years that are miles below the worst we have seen from Donny. That said it's time for VDB to go, it's not going to work for him here.

I still think there's a brief from the board to play the likes of Scott, Maguire, AWB where possible. Their performances do not warrant regular starts.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's baffling he hasn't got a single start during the Xmas period. Must be really shite in training.

In all seriousness, I hope he leaves, he's just rotting away here

Ixion

I still think there's a brief from the board to play the likes of Scott, Maguire, AWB where possible. Their performances do not warrant regular starts.
The fact it has continued under Rangnick says to me there is something else going on. Van De Beek is not a bad player and the few appearances hes made this season have been decent, it makes no sense for our midfield to play as bad as it has been doing and he is frozen out completely. McTominay was absolutely terrible yesterday, worse than any of VDB's performances this season and it won't result in any changes. It makes me worried that Rangnick isn't totally in charge.

Frank White

Mctominay has put in several displays over the past 3 years that are miles below the worst we have seen from Donny. That said it's time for VDB to go, it's not going to work for him here.

Why and who would be the one/one's making that call?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Jeez apparently Jones has played more league minutes than donny has this season. Kind of poetic

Telsim

Ole personally blocked his loan to Everton. Rangnick is apparently bent on keeping him until the end of the season. Both praise him. Both absolutely refuse to play him no matter what. Feels like someone high up has a personal vendetta against him. I fail to see a reason other than that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Van de Beek would be extremely dangerous in a double pivot.

The guy is constantly running in to free positions which leaves the other midfielder by himself.

I can see why he isn't picked as a CM in a double pivot. I find him more suited to a 3 man midfield.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Must have been shite in training. Can't think any other explanation. Just works harder in training Donny.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Why and who would be the one/one's making that call?
it wouldn't be that weird of a call. Loads of clubs all over the world want local players in the line up(Bilbao for 100%). So it would make sense that the board might want a few British players in the team. But then again, why aren't Henderson and Lindgard given more minutes. So i'm not really sure there's such a call made.

I think Donny could actually save our season. Why he doesn't play I don't know. Give him two 90 minute games in a row. Then judge him. He seems like the type of intelligent player who will play to instructions.
Could be, he's basically the only one who has experience with gegenpressing, Although he doesn't fit in 4-2-2-2. Gegenpressing with a 4-3-3 based tactic would work(4-2-3-1 etc).

MUFC OK

The fact it has continued under Rangnick says to me there is something else going on. Van De Beek is not a bad player and the few appearances hes made this season have been decent, it makes no sense for our midfield to play as bad as it has been doing and he is frozen out completely. McTominay was absolutely terrible yesterday, worse than any of VDB's performances this season and it won't result in any changes. It makes me worried that Rangnick isn't totally in charge.
In fairness, Ralf needs to come to his own conclusions. I have non united supporting mates who rate McTominay, but obviously dont watch us week in/out.

But yes, with Scott in particular I wonder whether it's something to do with SAF and the Scottish connection. AWB and Maguire cost a fortune so not hard to imagine that the Glazers/board would like to see them played at every opportunity.

luke511

Van de Beek would be extremely dangerous in a double pivot.

The guy is constantly running in to free positions which leaves the other midfielder by himself.

I can see why he isn't picked as a CM in a double pivot. I find him more suited to a 3 man midfield.
McTominay and Fred take turns making forward runs, why can't Van de Beek? All it takes is a bit of positional coaching and that problem's solved. If McTominay and Fred, both natural no.8s, can be relied on in the double pivot, why can't Van de Beek?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
McTominay and Fred take turns making forward runs, why can't Van de Beek? All it takes is a bit of positional coaching and that problem's solved. If McTominay and Fred, both natural no.8s, can be relied on in the double pivot, why can't Van de Beek?
Because VDB makes runs that not just bypasses the opposition but it bypasses his own team mates.

Fred and Mctominay are running at the opposition or directly at the ball. VDB is running in to spaces that have not been picked up, empty spaces.

It's hard to explain, but if we see VDB regularly you will see how he makes his runs. It can leave the other player in the double pivot completely by himself.

luke511

Because VDB makes runs that not just bypasses the opposition but it bypasses his own team mates.

Fred and Mctominay are running at the opposition or directly at the ball. VDB is running in to spaces that have not been picked up, empty spaces.

It's hard to explain, but if we see VDB regularly you will see how he makes his runs. It can leave the other player in the double pivot completely by himself.
He does that when he's played as a no.10 yeah, when he's played in the double pivot he's a lot more sensible with his positioning, with him sitting deep majority of the time and the game in front of him, as seen here -

deef

I just don't get it... There is no reasonable explanation for me why this guy doesn't get more minutes, especially in our current form. Matic and McT were abysmal yesterday.

He did quite well as an 8 i thought on the few occasions he played in that position but he seems to be only regarded as a 10 ...

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He must be absolutely shit to not even get a look in like this.

Frank White

Or something else? No one who has been a regular at Ajax is going to be shit in playing football.
Like? Very odd that he's out of favour with 2 managers in a row now especially considering that he see's what's in front of him.

Abraxas

People say it's very weird, but is it?

If anything, it's got far less weird. Or at least far easier to see a logical explanation. You can't trot out the Ole is inept argument or even more unlikely the Ole has a vendetta against him idea.

What possible reason has RR got for snubbing VDB other than he doesn't think he's a good option? This is a fresh pair of eyes on the situation.

Strootman's Finger

I feel like that skill is something the team can use at the moment, but where do you put VdB is the question.

united for life

Read the other day that Ralf would like to sign a tall midfielder. Currently, based on the players we have, scot and matic are tall. VDB is not. That’s the only explanation for me :lol:

i’ve seen donny play, he is far better than scot. I’d start him ahead of scot any day especially if next to matic. This will allow him space to go forward and create play.

Kag

The most boring player thread I can recall, this one. Lads, he’s shite.

Christ, at least the likes of Kagawa and Mkhitaryan scored a funky goal or two in order to justify the prolonged buy in.

Foxbatt

Christ, at least the likes of Kagawa and Mkhitaryan scored a funky goal or two in order to justify the prolonged buy in.
The likes of Kagawa and Mikhi were miles better than McTominay.

Sviken

Donny was one of the most important players in the Ajax team. That same team can probably smack us 5-0 with their eyes closed right about now. If he is good enough for that lot, I fail to see what would disqualify him being good enough for this dross

The likes of Kagawa and Mikhi were miles better than McTominay.
They also got plenty, plenty of chances. Don't know what that guy is talking about. Mikhi was a regular under Mourinho and Kagawa under Fergie.

Dan_F

Read the other day that Ralf would like to sign a tall midfielder. Currently, based on the players we have, scot and matic are tall. VDB is not. That’s the only explanation for me :lol:

i’ve seen donny play, he is far better than scot. I’d start him ahead of scot any day especially if next to matic. This will allow him space to go forward and create play.
Maybe to win all the long balls that De Gea is being told to kick? Although I guess we do have one of the best players ever to fill that role already.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People say it's very weird, but is it?

If anything, it's got far less weird. Or at least far easier to see a logical explanation. You can't trot out the Ole is inept argument or even more unlikely the Ole has a vendetta against him idea.

What possible reason has RR got for snubbing VDB other than he doesn't think he's a good option? This is a fresh pair of eyes on the situation.
He needs to play first before a manager can tell if he's even good option and in reality he hasn't even get a chance to play like 5 consecutive matches. The possible reason is obviously shit in training or he's doing good in training but the likes of Matic, McTominay and Fred probably trained much harder than him.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

Donny isn't even small, not Matic tall, but still quite tall compared to average :lol:

dinostar77

Donny is just too advanced to be a Utd midfielder, who needs a midfielder who can break the lines, has spatial awareness and has proven his quality in the CL for his previous club?

Better to play the more limited one dimensional midfielders we have.

Foxbatt

Maybe to win all the long balls that De Gea is being told to kick? Although I guess we do have one of the best players ever to fill that role already.
We did have the best player for that but we sold him a few years back because he was not hipster enough. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.