Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

I'm not convinced about his defensive ability and playing him alongside Pogba probably wouldn't be the best idea. For the right price he'd be good backup for Pogba and Fernandes but that's it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Keep the 'ITK' tweets out of transfer threads please. There's a dedicated thread for that nonsense.

Does Sessegnon play LB or is he more of a winger now? Ajax seem fine in the fullback positions.

I'd say that depth in the middle of the park, particularly creatively, is also an essential signing. Bruno carried us for large parts last season but towards the end he was running on fumes and Lingard, Pereira and Mata were inadequate options. We can't rely on Bruno and Pogba to stay fit all season and play every minute of every game. I'd have it on par with RW, with CB and then LB following in terms of priority. DM is huge on my list too but it seems that'll probably be a target next season (hopefully someone like Zakaria).
Sessegnon seems better as left forward than lb at the moment

Crashoutcassius

While we need depth, particularly after Pogba’s positive test, he just doesn’t seem like what we need right now. He wouldn’t be first choice - if he’s happy with that, great, but he will just add to our squad imbalance.
I do think though that he covers for 2 or our 3 most important players and we might find out he can function really well in a pivot too. Also might be a great option to bring on in a game where we need more intent

sillwuka

i'm quite worried by the amount of people mentioning his lack of ability on the ball.

From the little i've seen his style isn't too pleasing on the eye but could be effective. Muller esque but that would be a compliment.

Von Mistelroum

Whoa! That picked up steam quickly! We've even got as far as being interested and monitoring the situation! Unveiling tomorrow?

Rajat Jain

well said!
You mean the Herrera who just had a blinder in the CL final and was only let down by his team mates? If he's as good as Herrera, I'd be extremely happy.
Herrara was actually a decent player for United. He put in his all and also scored some important goals against top half sides. I would switch Fred with Herrara in a heartbeat if there was a chance. Tenacious and had the ability to play good through balls if someone f**k*** actually made a run behind the defence line in those times.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
While we need depth, particularly after Pogba’s positive test, he just doesn’t seem like what we need right now. He wouldn’t be first choice - if he’s happy with that, great, but he will just add to our squad imbalance.
No pleasing some!

What would you rather?

He’s a really good midfield option to rotate Bruno and Pogba that won’t cost £50m plus. He’s got CL experience too.

If and it’s a huge if we get him and a Sancho that would be an amazing window strengthening in creative areas in which we are sorely lacking game changing options.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sessegnon seems better as left forward than lb at the moment
Was never a LB IMO and have always maintained that. There was a lot on the caf actually wanted him for LB spot here, which seems even more mental now.

Rolaholic

Whoa! That picked up steam quickly! We've even got as far as being interested and monitoring the situation! Unveiling tomorrow?
All picked up steam after he got left out of the Ajax squad entirely earlier during their tune up match against Frankfurt and their coach himself confirmed that they're in talks with a club regarding a transfer for him.

There was speculation as to whether it was Barcelona with the Koeman links or another English club like United initially but Barcelona journos quickly shut their rumored interest down while we haven't

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Herrara was actually a decent player for United. He put in his all and also scored some important goals against top half sides. I would switch Fred with Herrara in a heartbeat if there was a chance. Tenacious and had the ability to play good through balls if someone f**k*** actually made a run behind the defence line in those times.
It was a shame he left, I loved him. I agree, I'd have him over Fred, all day.

ArjenIsM3

Pogba will probably be fine in a few weeks. But yes, we do need depth and he can cover all midfield positions so his versatility makes him a good addition.

You mean the Herrera who just had a blinder in the CL final and was only let down by his team mates? If he's as good as Herrera, I'd be extremely happy.
If he plays for the club for 5 years and has the same impact as Herrera, I’d be extremely disappointed.

manuchamp88

Yeah, I imagine he means the same one - hit and miss.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People were saying Ziyech to Chelsea for 35m was a masterstroke, well DVB was just as good that in their CL run and he will be a similar price? what's not to like?

izec

Linked to one of the top young midfielders in Europe to replace some of the utter dregs we currently have in the squad ... Obviously half the Cafe doesn't fancy him
He is neither young nor a top midfielder. Opinions i guess

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he plays for the club for 5 years and has the same impact as Herrera, I’d be extremely disappointed.
Herrera is an important and usually key part of a team. He's tactially disciplined, got a fantastic work rate and extremely technically sound. We just didnt have a good enough team/manager situation for the 5 years he was, but he was always a consistently good player for us.

Herrera is never going to be a Bruno, but you saw in the CL final what he can do for his team mates when in well set up team.

lysglimt

Scout
He is neither young nor a top midfielder. Opinions i guess
Well he is 23 - with 210 matches. So he is very experienced despite being fairly Young. And yes - he will improve us a lot.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We've not bought any bad Vans from the Netherlands. Even Van der Gouw was decent enough.

Van der Sar
Van Nistelrooij
Van Persie

All quality Vans.

Status
Not open for further replies.