Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
They think Williams will be first choice?

Maybe Ole wants to try something like

------------------DDG/Hendo------------
AwB----Lindelöf-Maguire--Shaw
--------------------Matic-------------------
------VdB---------------------Pogba----
-------------------Bruno-------------------
GW/Martial------------Rashford

Anyway, squad is getting stronger, and Bruno and Pogba doesn't have to play 100% of the minutes.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s exempt from the two week quarantine provided he’s registered as our player before either of Holland’s international games. Same for all other players coming in from red zone locations. May see some more movement the next week with that in mind as it’s a good way to get around the quarantine!

ArjenIsM3

Not really. Just Education.
Perhaps you've "educated" yourself so much about this subject that you think everything is about it when it's really not. The entire point is that it shouldn't be, so assuming it is without strong evidence to support that notion is actually part of the problem. Anyway, this isn't the thread for that discussion so I'd rather not get into this any further and go back to being happy a good player + fellow Dutchman is joining us instead.

Champagne Football

I like this signing to the bits but I really hope it wont mess up like bringing in Berba while we had Rooney and Tevez.

I still think a proper DM is still out priority if not this year atleast next year.

Would you guys prefer a proper LB or a proper DM in this window if we have to go for just one?
I don't think so. I think VDB is made for the Premier league. In the case of Berba, he simply wasn't good enough despite being a wonderfully gifted football.

Van de Beek could surpass Matic in the first Xi, or at the very least play a huge rotation role so that Pogba and Bruno don't get burnt out again like they did in our last few games of the season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Excited about this one, I think we should go with a diamond and play matic still to protect the back 4, I think if we go 4-2-3-1 and have pogba and VDB as the 2 cm then we will get exposed at the back.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I honestly didn't see this coming, i like him alot not cause we're signing him but cause I've watched him a few times, His pressing and tackling is great, can pick a pass, good shooting technique!! Should be giving the number 18 shirt, give Bruno 8
:drool::drool::drool:

Lee565

Guess we could fit him in the first eleven with pogba, matic and Fernandes without sacrificing width if we went with 31411

-----------------henderson
------tuanzebe-Maguire-shaw
-------------------matic-----------
Dalot-----beek------pogba---fred
--‐---------------fernandes
--------------------martial

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Guess we could fit him in the first eleven with pogba, matic and Fernandes without sacrificing width if we went with 31411

That's nuts :lol:

reddevil80

I hope I'm not the only one hoping that Galatasaray will raise their offer for Fred now that VdB is on his way. With or without VdB, I can't see Fred getting back in to the first team. We still have Matic, Mctominay, Pogba, Bruno already and with VdB and either Grealish or Sancho; ( don't see Sancho coming myself though I wouldn't mind being proved wrong ), I just don't see a place for him. VdB plays a similar role but to a much higher standard IMO.

Ibi Dreams

Haven't really seen him but sounds like a good player, excited to see what he can do.

It's also good that he apparently is super keen on joining us. We've had some amazing Dutch players in the past and a lot of young Dutch players probably still think of United as being a great club because of that. Don't know who else was in for him but we've still got a bit of clout I reckon

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unusual that we haven’t announced the deal on social media prior to the medical like we seem to always do in recent years.
When the ink is dry, we'll announce it. You never know, he may do a runner at the presser

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Haven't really seen him but sounds like a good player, excited to see what he can do.

It's also good that he apparently is super keen on joining us. We've had some amazing Dutch players in the past and a lot of young Dutch players probably still think of United as being a great club because of that. Don't know who else was in for him but we've still got a bit of clout I reckon
True

However the link between Ajax and Spurs is stronger...well fans anyway

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Donny's agent mentioned that Spurs were getting involved, and De Telegraaf journalists were talking about clubs like City and Real Madrid starting to get involved as well. The reason we beat them to it is because we offered what Ajax wanted without having to go through negotiations.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Besides the football side of it and the depth and options he gives us, i think hes the right type of character we want and the type ole has been adamant on bringing in. Players that want to be here and all the journos reporting on it say hes excited at joining man united!

devil in me

what an earth.....!!???

Macern

Pee pee pants

:lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
yes i agree about the right winger, because of the way we play he needs to be left footed. i think attacking LB is less of a priority than RB, since shaw is better than AWB hopeless going forward.
I don’t agree that he’s hopeless going forward.. but there is already a couple of threads dedicated to that so I’ll leave it there

Macern

Pee pee pants
We could be preparing a bunch of announcement-related content and footage. This might be a bigger deal than I thought.
I doubt it. He’s not that expensive, not a huge marquee signing and he’s probably not even going to feature in our best XI.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Reckon we could field another player in there. No one would notice in all that madness.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I doubt it. He’s not that expensive, not a huge marquee signing and he’s probably not even going to feature in our best XI.
That's what I think too, but then I wonder why this would take a while longer. This could have been done quickly like the Matic or Blind announcements.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

this team gives me a headache. like, how does it even work? maybe you are the next great footballing strategist?

Black Rick

*This* is a clever signing.

Polar opposite to blowing our entire budget on Sancho, van de Beek is an opportunity that both perfecty fills a gap in our squad AND leaves us leftover budget to fill further gaps.

nainaisson

Status
Not open for further replies.