Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think you mean he hasn’t cemented his place in the National XI?
He actually have 9 matches for the national team, Frenkie de Jong have 13. I think the price is fair
He's played over 10 games hasn't he?
He has played for Holland 10 times
You could get argue that his CL appearances would matter more to his development than playing a few pointless friendlies for the Dutch.

But you're right, it's not a steal. Reasonable fee.

Thanks. Stand corrected.

Still that fee is definitely not a steal.

Cloud7

Strange that the club haven't announced anything considering the stories coming out from all quarters. Recently the club have announced deals even before they've had their medicals.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Donny is quality IMO. Good head on his shoulders and proven in the CL.

ChaddyP

Thanks. Stand corrected.

Its not robbing them blind... but its excellent value @36 million pounds when you look at what we paid for fred and what villa was asking for jack or what maddison was rumoured to go for.

Goku23

He will be quality back up/rotation player if Pogba ever does leave in future he could be Pogbas replacement but awesome to add to the squad depth thats for sure. No more Pireira VDB instead I wonder what will happen to Fred now ?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

The enthusiast chose on his 'football feeling' @Donny_beek6 in front of #MUFC, but also financially it is a great deal for the midfielder #Ajax who (apart from the bonuses) will earn 120 thousand euros per week.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like this signing to the bits but I really hope it wont mess up like bringing in Berba while we had Rooney and Tevez.

I still think a proper DM is still out priority if not this year atleast next year.

Would you guys prefer a proper LB or a proper DM in this window if we have to go for just one?
The problem with Berba is his style clashed with the rest of the team, we had Ronaldo who didn't do much defensively and was the one we built around. Berbas languid style meant you had to build around him, which he wasn't quite at the level for (and he wasn't better than Tevez or Rooney). Van de Beek on the other hand suits what Ole has tried to do here. Really hard worker, great attitude, very smart player and excellent all rounder. Let's not forget that Pogba has 1+1 option years left on his contract, I'd be surprised if he extended. I reckon he'll leave on a cheaper fee next summer or on a free in 2 years, so Van de Beek is pretty much someone at an age where he'll rotate with them for a year before taking over and probably suiting us better as a starter in a year when he takes over anyway. Next summer we replace Matic with a deep lying playmaker and we get a really well balanced midfield 3 with Van de Beek, Bruno and someone like even Thiago behind them.

This window I would for sure say LB like Reguillon though. With Van de beek who can play there, fred and Matic to rotate, Mctominay who can play there... we are good for midfield depth. 6 very good options unless someone leaves, but next summer I can see a couple leave and open up space for a deep lying playmaker and Garner to come in. Left back is a rough situation as Williams will probably be more natural on the right, Shaw is injury prone and we have nobody who comes in naturally. Reguillon would pretty much start ahead of Shaw right away and be a reliable option who is good going forward to give us width, which is what we need.

Suvvernmanc

People saying its a steal/it's not a steal..

If he does amazing for us it will be a steal and until that time he isn't. Simple really.

£36m isn't alot in todays money for an player like vdb

Mcking

:lol:

Obviously didn't watch any of Ajax's CL matches. He was ofte

What exactly does Grealish have that's special?

Whenever I've seen him he's been a bit meh.

Also, we don't know how he'd handle the increased pressure of being at United.
I did though. I'm not a fan.

Mainoldo

Apparently Ole spoke to VDB on Friday and convinced him to come to Utd. In the last hour, Spurs and PSG are supposed to have tried to hijack the deal which is why the deal was completed so quickly. He was available for a cheap price as Ajax had promised him last summer to allow him to leave for that kind of fee if he stayed for one more year. Great bit of business!

Put on a real channel not this second rate rubbish.

Josep Dowling

Apparently Ole spoke to VDB on Friday and convinced him to come to Utd. In the last hour, Spurs and PSG are supposed to have tried to hijack the deal which is why the deal was completed so quickly. He was available for a cheap price as Ajax had promised him last summer to allow him to leave for that kind of fee if he stayed for one more year. Great bit of business!

PSG are such an annoying team. They have plenty of midfielders they don’t play already.

hubbuh

Get the feck in! He’s going to be a fan favourite, he’s got that vibe.

Anyone know why his move to Madrid fell apart last year?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Thanks. Stand corrected.

Bruno and VDB for roughly the same price we got Lukaku for just shows how we’ve changed our transfer strategy around. Very happy with the way we’re heading under Ole to be honest.

Suvvernmanc

It's peanuts considering the number of clubs interested and the prices of players these days.
My point still stands. If he fails it'll be seen as we got our pants pulled down ;)

That wont happen though. He's quality and he will be a real fan favourite I think

Deuterium

Stockpiling midfielders.

DDG
McT - Matic - Garner - Fred
VdB - Pogba - Mata
Chong - Lingard - Periera

Mainoldo

Bruno and VDB for roughly the same price we got Lukaku for just shows how we’ve changed our transfer strategy around. Very happy with the way we’re heading under Ole to be honest.
So when we sign Sancho what are you going to say?

Andersonson

I watched virtually every game Keane played for us. I know exactly what kind of midfielder he was. Your response is totally irrelevant to the point I made.

One of Keane’s best attributes was a hard tackling ball winner. The game has changed in that defensive minded ball winning midfielders are not as significant anymore. Of course Keane offered a lot more than that, but my point was that having a defensive midfielder in the traditional sense of shielding the back four and winning the ball back is not as essential as having midfielders with high intensity, stamina and the ability to press high.
No... Just no. Keane was a box-to-box player. His best attribute was to dictate the play and controll matches.

Keane wasnt even a DM. Sure you really watched him play?

Mainoldo

What we think about him playing number 10? As that is his best position? I feel he will be key in big games if we use him there. Liverpool away I can see it now.

Green_Red

I like it. He looks like he'll fit in. Young and talented. Decent price too. Good signing on paper. Best of luck to the chap.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
So why bring up the Lukaku money? When we are still spending big money.
Because we’re being much smarter. Of course we’re going to have to spend big to compete but we were spunking £200m+ every window on players that didn’t fit our squad, ambition or style at all.

We’re putting thought into our transfers now, buying the right players in the right positions without being rinsed in the market and of course, hopefully, adding a couple of world class stars where needed too.

Gasolin

The problem with Berba is his style clashed with the rest of the team, we had Ronaldo who didn't do much defensively and was the one we built around. Berbas languid style meant you had to build around him, which he wasn't quite at the level for (and he wasn't better than Tevez or Rooney). Van de Beek on the other hand suits what Ole has tried to do here. Really hard worker, great attitude, very smart player and excellent all rounder. Let's not forget that Pogba has 1+1 option years left on his contract, I'd be surprised if he extended. I reckon he'll leave on a cheaper fee next summer or on a free in 2 years, so Van de Beek is pretty much someone at an age where he'll rotate with them for a year before taking over and probably suiting us better as a starter in a year when he takes over anyway. Next summer we replace Matic with a deep lying playmaker and we get a really well balanced midfield 3 with Van de Beek, Bruno and someone like even Thiago behind them.

This window I would for sure say LB like Reguillon though. With Van de beek who can play there, fred and Matic to rotate, Mctominay who can play there... we are good for midfield depth. 6 very good options unless someone leaves, but next summer I can see a couple leave and open up space for a deep lying playmaker and Garner to come in. Left back is a rough situation as Williams will probably be more natural on the right, Shaw is injury prone and we have nobody who comes in naturally. Reguillon would pretty much start ahead of Shaw right away and be a reliable option who is good going forward to give us width, which is what we need.
What happens when Pogba signs? and things are pointing to that. It would make this signing even more interesting for us, in term of squad depth, tactical flexibility, etc...

Gasolin

What we think about him playing number 10? As that is his best position? I feel he will be key in big games if we use him there. Liverpool away I can see it now.
Looks like Bruno or Pogba's positions are his best. He can help with 6 too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ajax play a 433 and he plays the right side that is usually the more advanced of the 3. Similar to Lampard in the sense he’s a 8/10 hybrid. He loves getting into the box and a great finisher on both feet.

it’ll be interesting to see what Ole decides, whether he wants to play him deeper alongside pogba or have him on the bench as an impact sub or rotation for Fernandes.

either way he raises the squad level, adds competition and brings something different.

40m is a pretty average figure for a full international these days, it’s a very fair fee.

Mainoldo

Ajax play a 433 and he plays the right side that is usually the more advanced of the 3. Similar to Lampard in the sense he’s a 8/10 hybrid. He loves getting into the box and a great finisher on both feet.

it’ll be interesting to see what Ole decides, whether he wants to play him deeper alongside pogba or have him on the bench as an impact sub or rotation for Fernandes.

either way he raises the squad level, adds competition and brings something different.

40m is a pretty average figure for a full international these days, it’s a very fair fee.
I know. But we play 4231. So if we done our research (we can hope) he’ll be playing as a 10. Unless we finally decided to go back to 433, which either way he’ll be playing that hybrid. I think to get the best out of him he has to play that advance position in our formation. He doesn’t offer long shots like Bruno but he’s a lot more intelligent in the final third and offers the work ethic too.

Jack-C20

That’s class :lol:

Bruno has just posted an instagram with a thumbs up saying “first one”...hoping it’s transfer related and he knows there’s more to come!
I’d love to know if players are told how much they’re allowed to say on social media. If I was a player I’d have to really fight the urge to say anything if I knew what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.