Donny Van De Beek / LOAN to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

He’s very unprofessional.
Don't expect anything else, as a journo I imagine there's not a huge amount worse than working for the Sun. Wakes up every morning and has to give himself a pep talk to get fired up for thinking up 'punny' headlines 7 days a week.

L1nk

Rashford seems to think he plays well enough

Zlatattack

Hopefully he plays regularly and can prove himself as a premier league player.

The next manager to come in could really do with a decent central midfielder.

Dante

Average bang
He's already used to playing the final 5 minutes of matches as a substitute for Bruno. That should be good experience for when he comes on for Delli Alli instead.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’m absolutely baffled that people can think we’re in the wrong not playing him then getting up in arms that he won’t play because Dele Alli is his competition. This ain’t 2018 any more.
In that Dele Alli is no longer the player he used to be? Well, given they're paying for him (eventually) it's more in their interests to field him ahead of Donny.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
In exactly that way. Everton are in a relegation dog fight, they don’t have the luxury of looking ahead right now.
I think that's very overstated. They've got their scorers back, they'll be absolutely fine.

They’re paying Donny his 120k a week wage on top of a loan fee - they’ll play him.
Yeah, I think the comfort is mainly Donny's frustration for a year and a half so hopefully he's gained assurances over game time prior to green lighting the move. But I still think it's problematic to fit those two players into the same XI. Why would Alli move there to be a bit-part player?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yeah, I think the comfort is mainly Donny's frustration for a year and a half so hopefully he's gained assurances over game time prior to green lighting the move. But I still think it's problematic to fit those two players into the same XI. Why would Alli move there to be a bit-part player?
Not convinced Dele Alli has any better options - gone are the days he can demand a guaranteed first team place at a PL team.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not convinced Dele Alli has any better options - gone are the days he can demand a guaranteed first team place at a PL team.
Wasn't Poch interested in getting him on loan? It's probably nicer to be at PSG currently without game time assurances than it is to be at Everton without game time assurances.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wasn't Poch interested in getting him on loan? It's probably nicer to be at PSG currently without game time assurances than it is to be at Everton without game time assurances.
Wijnaldum is struggling to get off the bench over there and he's twice the player.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Not sure how long his contract at Spurs was but he’s now got another 4 year deal or whatever to stay on the gravy train. On loan he’d likely have to prove himself. Plus PSG wanted ndombele not sure they ever wanted Alli this month.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Maybe he'll play centrally. His supporters keep telling us he's just as good in a central midfield role.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hope he starts regularly for them.

We really have very little in midfield now though. Although he's more of an AM anywta

padzilla

Hipster
Everton tends to be where big name players go to wind down - I don't expect him to do too much to be honest.
I've seen nothing from VDB to suggest he's anywhere near at the level we need.

edcunited1878

Maybe he'll play centrally. His supporters keep telling us he's just as good in a central midfield role.
Doucoure is their best central midfielder. VDB will have to compete with Allen, Andre Gomes, Dele Alli, Gordon, and Gray for some type of midfield role. Probably as an advanced 8 or 10.

Lampard won't have a complete squad for training until next week, and nobody knows how he'll setup Everton. Only way to get Allen, Doucoure, Dele, and VDB on the pitch at the same time is via a diamond central midfield.

Castia

Everton tends to be where big name players go to wind down - I don't expect him to do too much to be honest.
I've seen nothing from VDB to suggest he's anywhere near at the level we need.
Well our current level is McFred who stink the place up every week he can‘t and hasn’t been as bad as that pairing when given the chance

I mean our midfield is legitimately one of the worst in the league

Red00012

From one bench to another , he would have had more game time at Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.