Don't boo Fellaini.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I'm not part of the Fellaini haters to be honest. I just don't understand how he signed at United, but since he's a United player, he deserves respect.

Don't forget that during the past two years with Van Gaal, he always gaved his best, was part of the team that destroyed Pool, Spurs, Chitteh etc. At the beginning of the season he was excellent also with Herrera until the City game, but he always tried.

I can understand that he's not loved, but he deserves more respect for what he gaved and the dedication he had.

He's still suffering from the Moyes era as the lone scapegoat. But he's not guilty.

He's a limited footballer, but provides a different treat and can be very useful when he plays his way.

I would rather have Thiago Alcantara or Verratti instead of him, but the fact is that he plays for United and we have to respect him

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It's not because he did it on purpose but it is because he doesn't concentrate and makes needless fouls, and this one cost us a lot. If the fans want to tell him that's not good enough then they can as far as I'm concerned. He's a big boy I'm sure he can handle a few boos or he wouldn't be at a top club.
How do you know he doesn't concentrate?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Couldn't care less what others think of us. We have always been hated by all and we have loved every minute of that.
It's not just others though is it? Our own fans are disappointed because it's pathetic.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
It's not because he did it on purpose but it is because he doesn't concentrate and makes needless fouls, and this one cost us a lot. If the fans want to tell him that's not good enough then they can as far as I'm concerned. He's a big boy I'm sure he can handle a few boos or he wouldn't be at a top club.
Do you actually think the Everton one was a penalty? Regardless of the fact that it isnt clever to go into a "tackle" like that.

MrBest

Rubbish player, should never have been signed for United, offers nothing and can be sold for all I care.

Saying that, not sure what to make of the boos. I must admit I smiled a bit but felt bad as well (typical brit)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Hire moyes = clap
Asking for transfer to direct rivals using his manager and club ransom = clap
Playing shit for 3 years earning 300k/week = clap
Ashley young being shit and lost for 3 years = clap
Fellaini being shit in a match we need to win = clap
Fellaini being shit for 3 years, misplaced a pass in a crucial area, conceding a penalty = clap
Moyes manages a draw against fulham = clap

No wonder we're shit. Keep on clapping everything we'd better of using the applause sound effect on speaker.

Praise/support has to be earnt. You don't fecking give your all for the club you fecking get the boo. Can't handle it? Find a new club.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Hire moyes = clap
Fellaini being shit for 3 years, misplaced a pass in a crucial area, conceding a penalty = clap

No wonder we're shit. Keep on clapping everything we'd better of using the applause sound effect on speaker.

Praise/support has to be earnt. You don't fecking give your all for the club you fecking get the boo. Can't handle it? Find a new club.
What a load of rubbish.

We certainly aren't shit because the fans get behind the players.

fecking hell.

There's no reason to suggest Fellaini isn't giving his all.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hire moyes = clap

You've managed to get away with posting complete rubbish for 10 years. Why not Fellaini?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Hire moyes = clap

Shagged a prostitute without a johnny = clap

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I felt so, so sorry for the guy. Being booed by the opposition is one thing (and understandable). Being booed by your own supporters is downright painful to watch.

botond

It's the behaviour you expect from people who go to Old Trafford. They aren't a great representation of our fanbase.

yeah, those guys who pay the season tickets and the ones that attend the games are not the true fans , we the keyboard warriors are

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We can bring up how last season he was better than the people's darling Herrera (Another who likes to give away clumsy pointless fouls) and played a key part in us winning a trophy. Let's not even get into the discussion about violence. One of our best players ever was a nasty violent thug.

And no, his wages have got nothing do with anything. You really haven't the faintest about our finances.
I don't have any darlings. I am a Manchester United supporter and not this or that player's supporter

If you ask me, the jury is out for every CM we have. Pogba has to improve, Herrera has to improve, Carrick has to constantly remind people that his legs aren't gone etc. However its also true that fans tend to have more patience with players with talent then with those who don't. The reason being obvious and I think its fair enough. The former can make things work, the latter can't.

What I strongly believe is that the fans are the only thing this club has that can't be stripped away. The Glazers can sell the club, its assets can be stripped bare, the sponsors can flee away and if the club can't afford paying the salaries then rest assured that most of the staff and the players will go. I've seen that happening before with clubs like Parma and Leeds whom, at one time were gracing European football, then shit hits fan and people fled like rats from a sinking ship. All that remained were the fans. Therefore the fans are precious to the club. They are the ones who'll fill the coffers if things get tough and therefore they have every right to voice their opinion. If any of the Manchester United employees out there do not like it, then they can resign. Im sure that the likes of Fellaini or the Chelsea/Real sacked Mourinho whose not really doing that well with United either will be able to find great jobs.

I also believe that pressure comes with the job of playing with a top club and that playing with United is a privilege rather then a job. If certain standards can't be met then people should leave and if the club refuse to be ruthless then the fans should force them to reconsider. The Real Madrid fans are the biggest cnuts in football and their trophy list is way longer then we can imagine to achieve. Italy fans can also be cruel and they won so many WC in their history. All we got for being the nice guys is people spending the club money as to bring their friends and allies at the club. Real win, Bayern win, Barcelona win and we're the nice guys who keep Moyes/LVG/Mou mates (Rooney, Fellaini, Bastian, Depay and co) on our payroll, no questions asked. It comes to no surprise why Mou defends him so much especially since he's no alien to this strategy. He's already committed the club in keeping his 35 year old mate to another year at the club without bothering to leave it to the end of the season to see if he can keep up with the pace.

And stop being so naive in thinking that just because we're rich we do not have a salary budget. That's why we never added midfielders when SAF insisted on his boys and I assure you a 30m panic buy will probably get a big salary.

Last edited:

Infra-red

Hire moyes = clap

Here's an idea: if you don't like a player, why not refrain from either clapping or booing him. Not that difficult is it.

Any United fan who boos a United player just for warming up, is clearly an imbecile.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
"He tries hard, he doesn't mean to be a liability he's just awkward"

Is that the argument for defending him?

He's prob earned around £15m since he's been here but "he means well" is an acceptable excuse for one of our players these days? Deary me.
What does the money he earns have to do with anything?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hire moyes = clap

You've listed times players performed poorly and went on to say support has to be earned, suggesting you only support them if they're doing well.

I wonder if there is a word to describe that.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
If you ask me, the jury is out for every CM we have. Pogba has to improve, Herrera has to improve, Carrick has to constantly remind people that his legs aren't gone etc.
Herrera can't improve much more, what you see now is pretty much his ceiling. He's a good midfielder but by no stretch of the imagination world class.

stevoc

There's alot of players who the fans have felt should have gone. Young, Jones, Memphis, Rojo, Valencia are, or have all been, regarded similarly useless but they've never been met with that kind of spite from our own fans. Memphis didn't get booed after that header vs Stoke did he? Schneiderlin too, fecking hell he's been much worse but he'd never get treated that way. As someone else pointed out Schweinsteiger has done basically nothing for us Since joining up, yet he got a standing ovation the other day. Not that I take issue to that, that's how it's supposed to be. It's only Fellaini who gets this kind of treatment despite having been a useful squadplayer for us who's won us some important games over the years too, and it's not fair on the guy. It's not like he's starting every game either, he came on at stoppage time for fecks sake to see the game out. It doesn't affect our approach to how we want to play football whatsoever.
It isn't fair on him at all you're right, but for various reasons he has never been and probably never will be a popular figure among the majority of United fans.

We've had 1 or 2 worse players who were never booed once never mind 2-3 times now like Fellaini, that tells its own story. I think his style of play is the reason for this he's just not what most consider a United type player. He also joined the summer the clubs fortunes changed, and he's been the only constant post Fergie, subconsciously i think a lot of people associate him with the clubs struggles over the last few years. Being connected to Moyes doesn't help him either.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I also think it's worse for Fellaini because of what he represents. Rightly or wrongly, he's seen as the symbol of our downfall. The only signing we mad in a summer that marked the downfall of our club. His looks don't do him any favours either.
But the main point is, don't fans have the right to voice displeasure at something they don't like. In my opinion, football fans take the meaning of "support" to the extreme.
"You shouldn't raise signs, you shouldn't boo, you shouldn't whistle, you should fly planes", What can you do then?

RedFish

I also think it's worse for Fellaini because of what he represents. Rightly or wrongly, he's seen as the symbol of our downfall. The only signing we mad in a summer that marked the downfall of our club. His looks don't do him any favours either.
But the main point is, don't fans have the right to voice displeasure at something they don't like. In my opinion, football fans take the meaning of "support" to the extreme.
"You shouldn't raise signs, you shouldn't boo, you shouldn't whistle, you should fly planes", What can you do then?
What the heck?

RadoRed

Felt really bad for Fellaini. Plus, doesn't the booing send a wrong message to our other players? Make a mistake and we will boo you. It all seems to create unnecessary pressure on them.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Hire moyes = clap

Hahah oh my word. Support has to be earnt? You think the club owes you something? Why don't you find a new club and leave the people who genuinely love the club to do all the supporting. Please dont switch to Spurs though. Thanks.

Jaybomb

So if Fellaini shaved his head, everyone would love him? :wenger:

Actually that wouldn't surprise me. These fans are fecking stupid.

Did they boo Smalling after the Chelsea game? Or Rooney when he was starting nearly every game when he was playing woeful? Starting to think it's just a vendetta against Marouane and nothing to do with actual football now.

TrueRed79

You support the team. That means all 11 players on the pitch at the time, and the subs on the bench. You CAN boo the team, but singling out a specific player for a round of boo's is beyond pathetic. I thought our match going fans had more class. That's clearly not the case.

devilish

Hahah oh my word. Support has to be earnt? You think the club owes you something? Why don't you find a new club and leave the people who genuinely love the club to do all the supporting. Please dont switch to Spurs though. Thanks.
He supports the club not the employee

And what do you think would happen to a club if everyone stops supporting the club? Think about that! Don't worry though. Supporters tend to be more loyal to the club (and not the employee) more then owners, sponsors and employees tend to be.

Supporters are the very pillar the club is build upon. Demanding supporters tend to keep their club on their toes (Real etc). The nice ones, end up supporting clubs like Spurs.

Last edited:

devilish

You've listed times players performed poorly and went on to say support has to be earned, suggesting you only support them if they're doing well.

I wonder if there is a word to describe that.
No it suggest that a player earns the support he gets.

Think of it as a relationship. If you've got a partner who always treats you well then you're more keen to close an eye when that partner is in a foul mood as opposed to someone who never gives a shit about you. Same thing about players. Before they expect to be treated like Manchester United players they must first play like one.

TheSweeper

It's like our supporters can see the future. What makes them think Fellaini will not come useful in a clutch situation for example. If he doesn't that's the managers job to tell him that & not ours.

I understand booing the Glazers for example- people who aren't directly in front of you but booing players & managers is something I have noticed in the last 3 years. It's like we have a bigger voice now that SAF is gone.

It's like we forget these people are humans & we rather treat them as celebrities with no feelings.

Anyway - whoever boo 's them clearly don't have class about them & wouldn't surprise me if they are unemployed. Being boo' d by your employers & service users would be horrible.

We are all supposed to be brothers from the players to the fans. I'm sure I heard something similar said somewhere.

Ixion

How do you know he doesn't concentrate?
Because he's given away the exact same penalty twice and instead of learning his lesson he does the same thing. It's a stupid challenge to make in the box at that stage of the game, he's done it more than once. He's always doing nasty tackles and throwing elbows and risking a sending off because he doesn't think.
Do you actually think the Everton one was a penalty? Regardless of the fact that it isnt clever to go into a "tackle" like that.
It was a clear penalty.
What does the money he earns have to do with anything?
If I'm paid a fortune by my employer I should be held to high standards.

devilish

We are all supposed to be brothers from the players to the fans. I'm sure I heard something similar said somewhere.
Its either from a Xmas coca cola advert or from some Nazi/Communist propaganda.

dichinero

You support the team. That means all 11 players on the pitch at the time, and the subs on the bench. You CAN boo the team, but singling out a specific player for a round of boo's is beyond pathetic. I thought our match going fans had more class. That's clearly not the case.
It's stuff like this that irks me. Where were you to praise them when the fans were amazing all season. José always said how surprised he was at how good the fans have been to the team all season. Now in one moment, their class is being questioned. We seem to have more problem of the one moment than José even did with the fans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-backs-manchester-united-9438610

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If I'm paid a fortune by my employer I should be held to high standards.
He's paid a fortune comparatively to you or I, but he's paid proportionally in from an economic perspective, maybe slightly more than he 'deserves' but that's subjective given most people just don't like the guy. Anyone is held to high standards regardless of their pay scale.

Point is, just because he's a millionaire doesn't mean any time he makes a mistake he should get boo'ed.

When does it stop? Should we boo De Gea if he doesn't parry the ball out completely and another teams striker scores off his error?
Should we boo Zlatan if he misses an open goal? Maybe we can boo Valencia if his cross doesn't hit its intended target?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No it suggest that a player earns the support he gets.

Think of it as a relationship. If you've got a partner who always treats you well then you're more keen to close an eye when that partner is in a foul mood as opposed to someone who never gives a shit about you. Same thing about players. Before they expect to be treated like Manchester United players they must first play like one.
Feck that. Fellaini might make a mistake on the pitch but his efforts and hard work deserve support. A player doesn't just sign on a blank canvas for fans. They wear the shirt and its our job to support them the best way we can. Not boo them when theyr'e doing a fecking warm up because of human error in the last game.

Had we not dropped points against Stoke, West Ham, etc. we would not have boo'ed Fellaini for the mishap against Everton. Truth is, the fans are booing him from anger resulting accumulation of wasted points. Theres no chance he'd get boo'ed if beat Stoke, Burnley, West Ham and then drew to Everton.

Its not about being "treated like Manchester United players". Some people really need to get off their high horse tbh. He got picked to warm up and he got picked to be subbed on, boo'ing him serves no positive impact on his performance, nor is it justified towards a player who is only trying his best to help the team. Oh big feck he made a poor challenge in a game. Lets boo him because we don't give a feck about anything else.