Don't waste money buying a shirt until the club shows intent?

vidic blood & sand

So you're upset with Woodward and the Glazers about the lack of transfer activity?
Justified!

So why not wear previous shirts and reject the current shitty cheap looking collarless shirts?
I don't understand why fans would spend spend spend on Utd merchandise and criticise current business.
Come on lets get real. Hurt them where it hurts most!

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dont buy a shirt unless you under 10 years regardless of what the club does.

“I love Pogba he is my favorite player, i have his name on my shirt” - fat 50 year old who hasnt kicked a ball since primary school.

vidic blood & sand

“I love Pogba he is my favorite player, i have his name on my shirt” - fat 50 year old who hasnt kicked a ball since primary school.
Should have bought a Real Madrid Pogba Shirt.

Tango80

Still 12 days to go before the end of the window. I'll wait till its closed before I riot.

At the same time, I don't want us to sign players for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Hughie77

Haven't bought official merchandise for about 15 yrs or so, prices soared, kids kits are a disgraceful price, they are the future followers.
As for the replica kit adult tops no chance, I used to collect them, I sold a fair few about 6 yrs ago. I've kept a few . 1999 tops 1996 , V P top, and Giggs last season top. But got them unofficial!
The club is still going to sell shirts etc, is a big business. As as followers or supporters a little fish in big ponds.
Glazers have used The club from get go, and will continue to do so, we just have to put up with it.

flappyjay

I get my name on the back of the shirt and I do kick a ball every Sunday

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

What's wrong with people buying a shirt if they can afford it? Why do you jump to 50 year old fat people? Why do you have to kick a ball to be allowed to wear a piece of cloth?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Piss off I'm only 48.

SaintMuppet

So you're upset with Woodward and the Glazers about the lack of transfer activity?
Justified!

So why not wear previous shirts and reject the current shitty cheap looking collarless shirts?
I don't understand why fans would spend spend spend on Utd merchandise and criticise current business.

Why not stop wearing all shirts?

Old ones are still advertising the club. I agree that the only way to effect change is if the powers that be start losing money. If United played 3 home games to an empty old Trafford I’d wager the owners would be gone.

People really don’t care that much though do they?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Could be tough for Utd to push through the Maguire deal without that extra £55.

DoomSlayer

This season I'm really loving the new jersey and would have bought it for the first time in years, but feck the board and the Glazers.

Snafu17

There are millions of United supporters, someone is always going to buy a shirt.

RedNed77

What's wrong with people buying a shirt if they can afford it? Why do you jump to 50 year old fat people? Why do you have to kick a ball to be allowed to wear a piece of cloth?
Because football shirts are fecking awful unless you are wearing one to play football. Even then you have too be careful to avoid being a full kit wanker.

or

R'hllor

Justified!

Because they aint fans, they are customers.

Slysi17

What is wrong with buying football clubs home, away or 3rd kit if its just the shirt. Stupidity at it's finest if there are people that think you shouldn't buy a shirt. I buy them and like wearing them even if I don't play football in it. Even wear it when I am going out.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What is wrong with buying football clubs home, away or 3rd kit if its just the shirt. Stupidity at it's finest if there are people that think you shouldn't buy a shirt. I buy them and like wearing them even if I don't play football in it. Even wear it when I am going out.
Nothing. Don't go out in them though :nono:

JoaquinJoaquin

Buy a shirt from Thailand and that way you save money, don't give the Glazers money and are supporting your team at the same time. That's what I have done for pretty much 5-6 years.

vidic blood & sand

So when they spent 300m you'll start buying them again? But if it's bellow 200m you wont buy?
As I said, it's all about intent. The actual money spent is irrelevant. If it can be seen that we are actively talking to clubs about players and trying to sign them, no problem.

vidic blood & sand

Yeah don’t buy a shirt, that’ll really teach them a lesson :lol::lol::lol:
One person not buying a shirt wouldn't do much obviously. Personally I think last season's and this season's shirts look like pyjama tops, so there's no danger of me buying one this season anyway.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because its for kids.

Offsideagain

Chevy are a low cost car in the states with a piss poor reputation. They don’t even sell cars in the UK, but are backed by General Motors who haven’t got as much money as they used to have. United would accept anyone that paid the price let’s face it. Morals wouldn’t come into it, I mean look at City with the airline owned by the Sheik’s family from a country that Amnesty International questioned their human rights.

Some years ago, I called 606 and spoke to Robbie Savage about transfers and suggested a boycott of the Superstores to draw the attention of the owners to the situation regarding signings. He listened but the other guy, the Cardiff City fan, slaughtered me about not supporting the club. I said I was supporting the club but not the owners. He didn’t get it. Glaziers only interested in money money money.

Web of Bissaka

Or just get the "fake" identical kits?

:drool: Don't buy from the official nor club partnership stores.
So many places now can make identical kits, not bad quality at all, sort of "illegal" since it's not licensed but who cares, and a lot cheaper too, save money, and the money doesn't go to the club thus not go to the Glazers pocket. The Chevrolet logo is usually a simple sticker, easier to remove if you hate it.

miked99

Because football shirts are fecking awful unless you are wearing one to play football. Even then you have too be careful to avoid being a full kit wanker.
I agree, they look awful on middle-aged men. In most walks of life, people stop dressing up as things they want to be when they're about seven. Even worse when you put your own name on it to take your little make-believe fantasy a little further. Oh, you play for the team? Said no-one ever.

The only thing worse than that is when someone has something cringe worthy written on the back. I once saw someone at OT in a replica shirt with '69 God' printed on the back. May as well have written 'ETERNAL VIRGIN' in size 72 font instead :lol:

Reactions: Jippy

SirAF

Ageist
I don’t buy shirts anymore anyway :lol: They’re shite on adults!

A United training top for physical activity/five a side whatnot is fine.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don’t buy shirts anymore anyway :lol: They’re shite on adults!

A United training top for physical activity/five a side whatnot is fine.
I used to have a black and grey training top years back, that's about as close as I got to wearing a United shirt as an adult.

They're overpriced, don't look great as casual wear and are nasty material that is totally unsuited to exercise.

Added to that, you look a bit sad as an adult wearing a replica shirt -wear a scarf or something- and you're supporting sweatshop labour.