Donyell Malen

Irrational.

Ex-Arsenal prospect, 20 years old, now playing for PSV. Scored five goals today against Vitesse. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Any Dutch experts know much more about him? Is he more of a RvN or a Kezman?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I do not understand why Arsenal got rid. If they gambled on Nketiah over Malen they've made a massive mistake.

Aubameyang in his 30's, Lacazette won't last forever. They really should have tried more to keep him.

Stadjer

Scored the 3-2 (winner since it ended 4-2) on his debut against Germany last week.

Malen, Bergwijn and Ithatteren are the players to watch at PSV this season.

Malen is quick, smart and has a good technique. Last few seasons PSV played with Luuk de Jong as targetman but since he left to Sevilla van Bommel is playing with a more dynamic frontline this season and Malen is a big part of that. This year is supposed to become Malen his breakthrough season and he has started well so far.

Bokito

He scored earlier this week at his international debut against Germany, too. As far as comparisons go: I see him having the same qualities Alexis Sanchez has (used to have), albeit more goal-oriented. If that makes any sense.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I do not understand why Arsenal got rid. If they gambled on Nketiah over Malen they've made a massive mistake.

Aubameyang in his 30's, Lacazette won't last forever. They really should have tried more to keep him.
Malen left in summer 2017, Auba joined in winter 2018.
We have John-Jules, Balogun and Greenwood behind Nketiah. Many good talents behind Nketiah.

He wanted to leave, we haven't got rid. Sometimes you can't keep every youth player.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet

Because they were more talented youngsters and Nketiah was clearly the better player. Put him on PSV and he would do even better. This is clearly a case of player shining in lesser league.

JustABall

Arsenal will be pissed if he becomes a good international standard player for Holland, having seen Gnabry go on to good things after leaving as well.

Holland have a very good group of young attackers in Malen, Kluivert, Ihattaren and Redan waiting to push Babel and Promes out of the Dutch XI.

Kalela

Supports
Arsenal
Loved the kid in the youth teams. He is a very skilled player who is also a very good finisher. I was surprised when Arsenal allowed him to leave. Under Wenger the young players were not getting chances anymore. I suppose they let him go to do him a favor so he can continue to develop elsewhere instead of being stuck in the U23s forever.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal

How do you know we've made a massive mistake. Nketiah is clearly the better prospect and he's producing for Leeds. I'd say the Championship and the Dutch league are similar levels. Malen could turn out better, but you really can't keep all prospects happy. Just this season we lost the highly rated Amaechi, and last season Rene Adelaide who's doing very well in France. But we've got Willock who's promoted to the first team, Nelson waiting in the wings(see what I did there) and Guendouzi who's already a success. There are only 11 spots, someone is going to be disappointed.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not too weird Arsenal got rid. He was so so last year for PSV. Massively improved near the end of the season and has been great so far this season. Dutch league might be cack, but he waz great against zhe Germans too.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Great prospect. But if you look at us look at Ihattaren. What a genius.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
How do you know we've made a massive mistake. Nketiah is clearly the better prospect and he's producing for Leeds. I'd say the Championship and the Dutch league are similar levels. Malen could turn out better, but you really can't keep all prospects happy. Just this season we lost the highly rated Amaechi, and last season Rene Adelaide who's doing very well in France. But we've got Willock who's promoted to the first team, Nelson waiting in the wings(see what I did there) and Guendouzi who's already a success. There are only 11 spots, someone is going to be disappointed.
I don't think you can state that with any confidence with Malen's performance in the last 12 months. Malen looks to have the better overall skillset, where as Nketiah is more of a poacher. We didn't want Malen to go but like Gnabry he had a year left

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think you can state that with any confidence with Malen's performance in the last 12 months. Malen looks to have the better overall skillset, where as Nketiah is more of a poacher. We didn't want Malen to go but like Gnabry he had a year left
And just as you say that Nketiah scores another for Leeds :D. 4 goals now.

Classical Mechanic

You lost Musah this season too and I’d say he was the best in your academy.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
You lost Musah this season too and I’d say he was the best in your academy.
He turned down a scholarship: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9769606/arsenal-yunus-musah-valencia-mistake/
Like I said before you can't hold on to everyone in the Academy. But the great thing is that the Academy is churning out talent at the rate it is. We'll get someone else, the loss of these youngsters won't hit us too hard. We're also bringing in other exciting yute like Martinelli to the fold. I'm very comfortable about our handling of youth.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Because they were more talented youngsters and Nketiah was clearly the better player. Put him on PSV and he would do even better. This is clearly a case of player shining in lesser league.
No he wouldn't.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
The played next to each other and not only did nketiah outshine him a lot. More than one coach chose nketiah ahead of him. Like I said put nketiah in psv vs those farmers and he will kill it. Im saying right now he will get more than 25 league in the championship

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The played next to each other and not only did nketiah outshine him a lot. More than one coach chose nketiah ahead of him. Like I said put nketiah in psv vs those farmers and he will kill it. Im saying right now he will get more than 25 league in the championship
No he won't fecking hell.

Doesn't even start for Leeds.

Classical Mechanic

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Nominated for best player of the round in the EL. Scored 13 goals in his last 10 matches and also the very important 2-3 against zhe Germans. He's developing at an insane rate.

Ironically, this will hurt PSV's chances to get big money for Steven Bergwijn since no one is talking about him anymore.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Another 2 goals yesterday. 10 out of 9 in the Eredivisie and 5 out of 6 in the Europa League.