Dortmund Interested in Angel Gomes| Signs deal with United

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I can fully understand why Sancho left for Dortmund, he had no chance at all of making the city first team inside the next 2 years and if we're been realistic he's a lot more physically developed than Gomes and a lot nearer to the first team football. I still think he'll stay and put it down to him wanting a better deal on the table. The longer he drags this out the more likely it is he gets a better deal as United really won't want a repeat of what happened with Pogba.
People don't leave United to join Dortmund for the money. If he's indeed thinking about such a move it's because he is concerned about his personal development. So what he would be looking for is probably assurances from the coach - good luck with that strategy against Mourinho.

DanClancy

People don't leave United to join Dortmund for the money. If he's indeed thinking about such a move it's because he is concerned about his personal development. So what he would be looking for is probably assurances from the coach - good luck with that strategy against Mourinho.
Gomes isn't a regular for the u23's yet so he's well of getting assurances from Mourinho.

Its naive to suggest money isn't important, Sancho was offered a fantastic deal for a 17 year old who had not played first team football; Obviously at Dortmund the pathway through to the first team would be a lot clearer but Gomes is not exactly a physically developed 17 year old, he's well off first team football despite his obvious talent.

There's a good chance Mourinho won't even be the manager by the time Gomes turns 19.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Gomes isn't a regular for the u23's yet so he's well of getting assurances from Mourinho.

Its naive to suggest money isn't important, Sancho was offered a fantastic deal for a 17 year old who had not played first team football; Obviously at Dortmund the pathway through to the first team would be a lot clearer but Gomes is not exactly a physically developed 17 year old, he's well off first team football despite his obvious talent.

There's a good chance Mourinho won't even be the manager by the time Gomes turns 19.
I didn't say money was important, just that I don't think it's likely that Dortmund can/will financially outmuscle United.

DanClancy

I didn't say money was important, just that I don't think it's likely that Dortmund can/will financially outmuscle United.
They can't when it comes to established players but at that level they can especially when Dortmund would be buying one of the best players of his age in Europe for a nominal fee. What Dortmund would be saving on a fee could be put on his wages I'd imagine which allows them to compete with United financially.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They can't when it comes to established players but at that level they can especially when Dortmund would be buying one of the best players of his age in Europe for a nominal fee. What Dortmund would be saving on a fee could be put on his wages I'd imagine which allows them to compete with United financially.
And why wouldn't that same logic (rather pay X than lose an asset worth Y>X) hold true for United?

MUFC OK

Yeah think he's off.. A contract will have been offered long ago and he's obviously not signed it. We should do all we can to keep him, and if he wants to develop we can offer to loan him out. Looks a fantastic little player so would be a shame to see him go. Just an observation, he is VERY active on social media, like all day every day and likes posts by almost anyone and anything so not sure the Manchester is Blue thing means too much..

DanClancy

And why wouldn't that same logic (rather pay X than lose an asset worth Y>X) hold true for United?
He's only 17 and there's no guarantees and United probably don't want to set a precedent going forward. Dortmund's business model allows them to take the chance with the success they've had with selling on players.

jackofalltrades

It'd be a win-win for Dortmund. They get him for almost free and give him games. If he isn't good enough they can sell him for a profit, if he's brilliant for a massive profit.

jb8521

He liked a post by accident and deleted it when he found out. The reactions and the fact articles have been written about it are ridiculous.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I can fully understand why Sancho left for Dortmund, he had no chance at all of making the city first team inside the next 2 years and if we're been realistic he's a lot more physically developed than Gomes and a lot nearer to the first team football. I still think he'll stay and put it down to him wanting a better deal on the table. The longer he drags this out the more likely it is he gets a better deal as United really won't want a repeat of what happened with Pogba.
If things develop as City hope they will be able to give Foden and Brahim Diaz plenty of minutes in PL games towards the end of the season with the League almost won and important Cup matches to be played. Sancho could have been in that situation.
He's played very little at Dortmund who now have a scrap for CL qualification next season and may not risk blooding prospects when every game is vital.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Delighted to close this thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.