BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dortmund are just like Liverpool pre Van Dijk and Alisson. Fun to watch but they just give away far too many cheap goals over a season to seriously threaten to win the league.

Leipzig got a better keeper and CB than them so they're in a better place to challenge Bayern Munich.

Fracture90

I was weary of just how much of Sancho's good showings last season were helped by Hakimi being uber attacking RB, and that it might helped present Sancho as a better player than he was.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The pettiness on this forum towards Dortmund is something to behold. Fans can be triggered so easily! Give it another decade of social media 'banter' from club accounts, and fans of every club with some international standing will have a reason to dislike every single other such club. :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We're in practically identical positions so I wouldn't be too gleeful about sticking the knife in just yet.

They're in 4th and 6 points off Bayern. We're in 6th and 5 points off Liverpool.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We're in practically identical positions so I wouldn't be too gleeful about sticking the knife in just yet.

They're in 4th and 6 points off Bayern. We're in 6th and 5 points off Liverpool.
BVB have played one more game than Bayern, we have played one less than Pool.

We have a game in hand also but that’s not the point, the point is that a feeder club, who even allow players to sign feeder contracts with low release clauses, for some reason decided that last summer was the year to play Billy big balls and show everyone who was “boss”.

Not when Mats Hummels wanted to join Bayern, their closest rivals, nooo, then they’ll show everyone respect and try to do a fair deal, but when an Englishman wants to come back to his home league, a fair deal means nothing. It was all about being cocky, greedy arsewipes.

The need to sell players, that’s a fact, and their entire cockiness was due to them believing that Sancho would fetch just as much from United or another suitor next summer.

So far it’s blown up in their face, and it’s rather satisfying. One might say they love to see it.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

They need to act like a football club instead of a Kindergaten. How in the world are they fielding 3 players aged 18 or below at the same time is a wonder.

Cloud7

I used to quite like Dortmund, because they were the only ones with any promise of upsetting the established order in Germany, and Klopp's Dortmund were great to watch back in the day, but after the past summer, feck them. I'm relishing in seeing them flopping around. You love to see it.

Cloud7

The pettiness on this forum towards Dortmund is something to behold. Fans can be triggered so easily! Give it another decade of social media 'banter' from club accounts, and fans of every club with some international standing will have a reason to dislike every single other such club. :lol:
Good, more banter and dislike, less of this mutual respect and 'class' :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was weary of just how much of Sancho's good showings last season were helped by Hakimi being uber attacking RB, and that it might helped present Sancho as a better player than he was.
Hakimi is nothing to do with it to be honest. Sancho's best form came from the LW so that rules out immediately. He's just clearly not happy to be there, he wanted to leave and they priced him out of a move. This is what happens when you keep demotivated players.

I'm sure once the January window opens he'll start performing again ;)

They need to act like a football club instead of a Kindergaten. How in the world are they fielding 3 players aged 18 or below at the same time is a wonder.
They've become a full on training academy instead of a football club. Their main agenda is to make money from training players not winning titles.

I bet you’re fun at parties. :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did the social media bantz with us start with Kagawa or was it HM? I recall they said we qualified for the Europa League whilst they’re in the UCL.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Gio Reyna is overrated. Sancho has been terrible, puts summer hype into perspective really.

They need to get Brandt back in starting 11.

cyberman

We must not be happy with being called arrogant for daring to express interest in a hallowed Dortmund player while being taunted from those in Germany for... I forget, not talking about him publicly?

Pagh Wraith

Pointless thread that captures the level of discussion on this forum these days. No surprise who started it either.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Dortmund are just like Liverpool pre Van Dijk and Alisson. Fun to watch but they just give away far too many cheap goals over a season to seriously threaten to win the league.

Leipzig got a better keeper and CB than them so they're in a better place to challenge Bayern Munich.
As much as I don't think Burki is a great keeper, he's honestly been really good for them in this recent period. If it weren't for him they would've lost their last three UCL matches.

Funny thing is he seems to have an ability of being good when Dortmund are bad defensively, but when they begin to dominate games he has a habit to dropping clangers and costing points. And issue of not being mentally strong enough.

Don't think Gulasci is much better. They are both the same tier of keepers, with Sommer as well, who aren't consistent enough to be regarded as great and are just 'good'. In terms of CB personnel I think Leipzeg benefit from having two really good CBs rather than one great CB and one average CB like Dortmund suffer from.

Last edited:

Sylar

Did the social media bantz with us start with Kagawa or was it HM? I recall they said we qualified for the Europa League whilst they’re in the UCL.
I dont remember it for Kagawa but that Europa stuff defo was when we signed HM.
Who then scored for the winning side in the final of said european cup :)

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
They seem to be a mix of talented but inexperienced (Reyna, Bellingham, Sancho) + seasoned but over-the-hill (Witsel, Reus, Meunier) players at the moment.

Godfather

As much as I don't think Burki is a great keeper, he's honestly been really good for them in this recent period. If it weren't for him they would've lost their last three UCL matches.

Funny thing is he seems to have an ability of being good when Dortmund are bad defensively, but when they begin to dominate games he has a habit to dropping clangers and costing points. And issue of not being mentally strong enough.

Don't think Gulasci is much better. They are both the same tier of keepers, with Sommer as well, who CM aren't consistent enough to be regarded as great and are just 'good'. In terms of CB personnel I think Leipzeg benefit from having two really good CBs rather than one great CB and one average CB like Dortmund suffer from.
This. Would even consider Burki a slightly better gk than Gulasci. Leipzig have the better manager though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I find it remarkably easy to dislike any club that’s not United already.

Irrational.

We have a game in hand also but that’s not the point, the point is that a feeder club, who even allow players to sign feeder contracts with low release clauses, for some reason decided that last summer was the year to play Billy big balls and show everyone who was “boss”.

Not when Mats Hummels wanted to join Bayern, their closest rivals, nooo, then they’ll show everyone respect and try to do a fair deal, but when an Englishman wants to come back to his home league, a fair deal means nothing. It was all about being cocky, greedy arsewipes.

The need to sell players, that’s a fact, and their entire cockiness was due to them believing that Sancho would fetch just as much from United or another suitor next summer.

So far it’s blown up in their face, and it’s rather satisfying. One might say they love to see it.
Spot on. They'll willingly bend over backwards for daddy Bayern.

For a B-level club who were irrelevant less than a decade ago, they happen to have an awful lot of bark in comparison to their bite.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
After the smug comments by Dortmund all summer, why is it such a shock to see United fans posting these type of threads?

GenZRed

That is so true. They rolled over for Bayern on multiple occasions but when we came calling they got all tough about it.

I wonder if we will be in for Sancho in the summer. If we are there is no chance we should pay over £50 million for him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Pointless thread that captures the level of discussion on this forum these days. No surprise who started it either.
Football Forum
Non United opponent discussion and banter.

I've underlined the key word for you.

No surprise it's the German posters taking offence. German clubs on twitter are the kings of unprofessional 'banter' and mocking everything and anything for the sake of likes and retweets. But when they get bantered back they get touchy. If they don't like being on the receiving end of the banter they shouldn't be dishing it out in the first place.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well as far as I concern, Dortmund has zero chance of winning a trophy this season, so, have fun keeping all the best young players there for sole purpose of players' development, until they decide to move on at some stage.

Chief123

What’s most hilarious is Dortmund and their fans actually felt like they had a chance of winning the Bundesliga this season.

Another trophy less season for them most likely, followed by losing their two best players in the summer. What a lovely club.

You love to see it.:lol:

Pagh Wraith

Football Forum
Non United opponent discussion and banter.

I've underlined the key word for you.

No surprise it's the German posters taking offence. German clubs on twitter are the kings of unprofessional 'banter' and mocking everything and anything for the sake of likes and retweets. But when they get bantered back they get touchy. If they don't like being on the receiving end of the banter they shouldn't be dishing it out in the first place.
And no surprise this is your retort. I'm as indifferent to Dortmund (and German football in general) as I am to United. Not that this is at all relevant. And if this childish 'banter' (posted within a minute of Dortmund's loss yesterday no less) amuses you, than maybe reddit or 4chan would be a better place for you to 'discuss' football.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well as far as I concern, Dortmund has zero chance of winning a trophy this season, so, have fun keeping all the best young players there for sole purpose of players' development, until they decide to move on at some stage.
Yup that’s what they are. Their great young players will peak somewhere else and Dortmund will only win a cup or two in the next ten years.

Oranges038

I know it's petty but I've hated them since 1997. Since then I've never wanted them to win anything and never will.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
After the smug comments by Dortmund all summer, why is it such a shock to see United fans posting these type of threads?
Imagine my surprise that none of them are on here defending the sanctity of the Bundesliga too. They’ll crawl back in at some point to pollute the forum with their superiority smog.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
And no surprise this is your retort. I'm as indifferent to Dortmund (and German football in general) as I am to United. Not that this is at all relevant. And if this childish 'banter' (posted within a minute of Dortmund's loss yesterday no less) amuses you, than maybe reddit or 4chan would be a better place for you to 'discuss' football.
Dortmund directors, their media mouthpieces and their official twitter account spent the summer taking cheap shots at United at every opportunity. Zorc was giving daily media briefings on Sancho and was revelling in the attention. I have no idea why you are rattled by the fact that United fans, on a leading United forum, are finding Dortmund's struggles amusing, especially with their 120m valued asset on zero league goals at Christmas.

You've got the option to ignore as many threads and users you want to. Try using that function rather than whinging and acting holier than thou. You should quite frankly be ashamed of telling others to join the most racist and bigoted cesspool on the internet.