Douglas Luiz

IrishRedDevil

Going somewhat under the radar this season, but an important cog in a very good Villa team.

Very solid player, only 22 years old. Always tidy on the ball and he’s starting to take control of the midfield more.

One to keep an eye on for our future CDM spot.

Art

Art the artist
There’s was a moment where he left Fred in the dust with a dink. love to watch him.

Acole9

Outstanding
Don't City have a first refusal/buy back clause on him? Probably one of the most improved players in the league.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There’s was a moment where he left Fred in the dust with a dink. love to watch him.
Yeah but then played an absolute shit pass straight after to completely ruin momentum. Summed him up. Let Pogba get passed him too easily too so had to make up yards which resulted in his right leg just clipping Pogba's foot. Needs to up his concentration.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Don't City have a first refusal/buy back clause on him? Probably one of the most improved players in the league.
Yes, clause expires this summer, 25-30m. :nervous:

One of the reasons I was hoping Pep would leave as he's said this previously when he couldn't get a work permit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45147692

They're going to buy him back aren't they? Perfect time really with Fernandinho nearly at the end now. Rodri has been o.k but really hasn't met expectations so they still have room.

30m in modern game is total bargain considering he's started the last 4-5 games for Brazil in world cup qualifiers.

Acole9

Outstanding

One of the reasons I was hoping Pep would leave as he's said this previously when he couldn't get a work permit:

They're going to buy him back aren't they? Perfect time really with Fernandinho nearly at the end now. Rodri has been o.k but really hasn't met expectations so they still have room.

30m in modern game is total bargain considering he's started the last 4-5 games for Brazil in world cup qualifiers.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring him back. It's a bit of a no brainer really, like you said Fernandinho doesn't have much longer left and will need replacing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's posted a video on twitter saying it isn't a penalty, with commentary from an ex-Villa striker over the top saying it is a penalty. Not the sharpest tool in the box.
I don't get anyone say it wasn't a pen, Luiz's calf knocked into Pogba's foot causing him to trip over. It wasn't intentional obviously but it was clumsy and a foul. Clear pen

If that’s all the buy back is, then it seems like a no brainier for city - as he would be a good squad option. However, is he good enough to start, and if not, would he want to go back and be a squad player rather than a nailed on starter for villa?

SoCross

Rumours of him wanting to leave Villa with Milan eyeing him. I’ve always liked what I’ve seen of him which albeit, isn’t much.

Any Villa fans here who have more insight?

GlasgowCeltic

He’s given it a good go, but in the end there isn’t a DM in the game who could make Mings look competent

padr81

Supports
Man City
Rumours of him wanting to leave Villa with Milan eyeing him. I’ve always liked what I’ve seen of him which albeit, isn’t much.

Any Villa fans here who have more insight?
Was hoping City had a buy back clause for him for when Fernandinho left but alas it seems we either don't or aren't interested. Looked good whenever I've seen him play.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was hoping City had a buy back clause for him for when Fernandinho left but alas it seems we either don't or aren't interested. Looked good whenever I've seen him play.
It expired 12 months ago.

Doug has overall done well for us and played his part in helping us at least establish ourselves back into mid table premier league team but feel time is right for both parties to move on as I don't think he's played that well under Gerrard.

He'd certainly do very well in Serie A in right team played as a 6 or 8 so dosen't surprise me Roma are interested. We'll sell for 20m.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It expired 12 months ago.

Doug has overall done well for us and played his part in helping us at least establish ourselves back into mid table premier league team but feel time is right for both parties to move on as I don't think he's played that well under Gerrard.

He'd certainly do very well in Serie A in right team played as a 6 or 8 so dosen't surprise me Roma are interested. We'll sell for 20m.
Ah right that makes sense, I mean I'd take him even at £20m over £40+ for Phillips as essentially its a Rodri backup

Do you think its tactical under Gerrard or do you think he's hit his ceiling?

Mainoldo

Good player but Villa fans all say he’s an 8 and not a DM. If that’s what people were hoping. Basically a young Fred.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He sits deep but doesn't do much defending for the most part. Some games he really makes Villa tick but most games he's only ok. Not good enough for a top team, cheap or not. Less physical league might allow him to show more consistency though I think. Also is he still banging that really hot Villa ladies team player? Wonder if she fancies a trip to Milan as well?

TwoSheds

Good player but Villa fans all say he’s an 8 and not a DM. If that’s what people were hoping. Basically a young Fred.
Nothing like Fred other than being short and Brazilian.

TwoSheds

You watched him? Or you just thought I was doing a stereotypical comparison so you butted in?
Yes obviously I've watched him. I don't much care whether you're stereotyping or just clueless, he's nothing like Fred.

TwoSheds

How does he play then? Is he a DM?
No, he's a deep lying playmaker I suppose. Just not a particularly good one most of the time. Very good on his day though.

IrishRedDevil

Should have listened to me back in January 2021!

3 years later and he’s one of the best midfielders in the league. Defensively astute, but a such a well-rounded player.

Would love to see him beside Mainoo.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Love watching him play, would be an ideal replacement for Casemiro.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
When he lays down to sleep tonight, he is going to think of his little shuffle in Onana's face and cringe.

Rat-faced cnut.

SER19

When he lays down to sleep tonight, he is going to think of his little shuffle in Onana's face and cringe.

Rat-faced cnut.
Absolutely. Embarrassing muppet. Got Mctominayed

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is he jealous of the attention Maupay is getting or something?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a complete tosser, wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. Villa are a team of absolute rats, Martinez, Luiz and Cash are amongst the biggest cnuts in the league.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Weird how so many care about his little celebration. Nothing to do with United, and would have done the same if he scored against anybody this week.

He's from Rio, and it's carnival season. His little Eddie Guerrero-type shake thing is just a reference to that.

No need to take it personally, and he fecking lost anyway. :keano:

PoTMS

He's a complete tosser, wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. Villa are a team of absolute rats, Martinez, Luiz and Cash are amongst the biggest cnuts in the league.
Don't forget about the ex-Sevilla/Villarreal boys.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Weird how so many care about his little celebration. Nothing to do with United, and would have done the same if he scored against anybody this week.

He's from Rio, and it's carnival season. His little Eddie Guerrero-type shake thing is just a reference to that.

No need to take it personally, and he fecking lost anyway. :keano:
He did it right infront of our CB (Varane I think) and he wasn’t happy about it either. feck off and do your shitty Rio / wrestler shit near your fans you cuntbucket