Music Drake - Certified Lover Boy

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I dated a barista and her sexy time playlist was all D'Angelo, which was ok. Until I went to the coffee shop she worked at to pick her up one day and she was playing the same music there while everyone else was sitting, getting their work done.
The amazing thing about D'Angelo is that he is multifaceted and has music for different vibes apart from sexy time. Now if she's playing "How does it feel" in Starbucks then maybe she's just a nympho (where is she located by the way?)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Drake's music is as much transcending genres as someone like Frank Ocean or Anderson Paak.
He does his transcending in a very vapid, superficial, shallow manner. He's not deep in the intricacies like .Paak, he's just on what's hot. Did it with Dancehall, British rap, Afrobeats (need to bump the thread)... God forbid he finds Amapiano

But yes you're rightish

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The amazing thing about D'Angelo is that he is multifaceted and has music for different vibes apart from sexy time. Now if she's playing "How does it feel" in Starbucks then maybe she's just a nympho (where is she located by the way?)
It just reinforces my belief that you could play anything at a coffee shop and most people won't notice. I met her in Copenhagen but I believe she is German.

I mean… there’s plenty of good R&B out today. Miguel, Anderson .Paak, Sampha, Solange, Jasmine Sullivan, Brent Faiyaz, Daniel Caesar, Frank Ocean (though he transcends genres) — I can go on? Or we can just keep yelling at clouds and pretending music has been bad ever since the 90s.

Obviously, DONDA was actually a very good album?
I love him and Giveon right now

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Him or Ed Sheeran, which one is the James Corden of music?
Why do people hate Ed Sheeran?

I'm no super fan or anything but from the songs I've heard of his on the radio, he seems much better than the likes of Drake or Cardi B etc?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Why do people hate Ed Sheeran?

I'm no super fan or anything but from the songs I've heard of his on the radio, he seems much better than the likes of Drake or Cardi B etc?
The fact that you put Drake next to Cardi B probably says it all.

stu_1992

Think you're the only person in the Donda thread who said this though. Most from what I can see didn't really like it despite it having a few decent tracks. Plus it's incredibly bloated.
I'd back up what @DWelbz19 has said, I think it is a very good album. It's long for sure which is my main problem as it's difficult to find the time to listen to all it, but I think it's mostly really high quality stuff. There's probably 4 tracks I could do without, not including the Part 2s.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd back up what @DWelbz19 has said, I think it is a very good album. It's long for sure which is my main problem as it's difficult to find the time to listen to all it, but I think it's mostly really high quality stuff. There's probably 4 tracks I could do without, not including the Part 2s.
Honestly — Come To Life is one of the best songs Kanye has made in the last 10 years or so. There’s some really strong highs on DONDA. It’s a bit rambly and goes on forever — but I think that’s the MO for most rappers now. I don’t know if that’s a Streaming loophole for more sales thing or what.
Omg what’s the song called again? I vaguely remember it
Chicago Freestyle. He totally makes the song + Drake extrapolates an Eminem flow

stu_1992

Honestly — Come To Life is one of the best songs Kanye has made in the last 10 years or so. There’s some really strong highs on DONDA. It’s a bit rambly and goes on forever — but I think that’s the MO for most rappers now. I don’t know if that’s a Streaming loophole for more sales thing or what.
That's a great song, although I must say I have Believe What I Say, Jesus Lord, Moon, Heaven and Hell and Off The Grid ahead of it. But it's definitely in the very good tier below that for me along with other tracks. Another a discussion for another thread probably.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

:lol:

extremely stupid.
I think he does stupid shit like this on purpose so people retweet it and get his brand in the public, so others get curious and listen to it.

It's not like he's going to make amazing music so he resorts to making the reality TV equivalent of music.

Sweet Square

I think he does stupid shit like this on purpose so people retweet it and get his brand in the public, so others get curious and listen to it.

It's not like he's going to make amazing music so he resorts to making the reality TV equivalent of music.
Yeah wouldn't surprise me. Although Drake reminds of the old Groucho Marx joke - 'He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.'

20solskjaer

Its pretty much usual drake fair, 2-3 decent tracks and then a load of meh sprinkled with corny lines

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I guess lover boy means something different here. Unless he really is someone who tricks young girls into forced prostitution?