Dylan Levitt image 99

Dylan Levitt Wales flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think that he definitely deserves a chance. The Dundee United fans certainly love him.

When he played for our youth teams alongside Garner, I always saw him as the most defensive of the two. Interestingly, the CEIS Football Observatory last week released a report where they ranked players by technical ability in each of Europe's 32 leagues and they put Levitt as best in the Scottish premier league for what they describe as the role of 'Playmaker/creator'.

He has 10 appearances for Wales already so hopefully, he can make an impact in Wales games in June.

The club will need to sort his contract out in the next few weeks if he is going to stay but think it is certainly worth giving him a chance under the new manager.
Ive always thought he was better than Garner

khoazany

From the club perspective probably best to renew him regardless as he does have market value at least. Can easily see Celtic or Rangers going for him if we don’t use him.

OmarUnited4ever

Not sure it is worth renewing his contract, unless there is a +1 yr option in his current contract that can be triggered, otherwise, no issues to let him go.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Not sure it is worth renewing his contract, unless there is a +1 yr option in his current contract that can be triggered, otherwise, no issues to let him go.
Serious? He looks like he could be worth a few million, at worst.

OmarUnited4ever

Have we ever sold someone for few millions, after we renewed their contracts?

Pereira, Jones, Bailly, Tuanzebe and others were renewed only to protect their values, causing the squad to bloat.

I think we have to re-consider how we view our academy players, and stop hoarding them for no reason, not all of them gonna make it, so it is ok if we do not renew and let some of them go on a free so they can find a club that can give them game time, we let Angel Gomes leave on a free too, its not a big deal.

I also hold the same views on Tuanzebe, he is not good enough and should be either sold or let go on a free.

Chong, also questionable but he's been doing well at Birmingham from what I read about him recently, so might warrant a chance, but I think it is best if we sell him while his stock is high, for few millions as his contract expires in 2023.

Garner, I think warrants a chance with the first team, but if the club signs 3 new players in Midfield, and Forrest get promoted to the PL, then it might be a good idea to allow Garner to remain with them for a season in the PL.

Laird definitely needs to continue to be on loan, hopefully with Bournemouth and hopefully he stays with them in PL, he needs to earn a spot with PL Team.

Amad & Pellisteri are big talents, not sure if they are even anywhere near ready, so I reckon a loan is on the cards for them next season, and hopefully this time the club does well with plan for their loan.

One Academy player I also want to be given a chance with the 1st team is Hannibal, he can be a squad option for cup games or more, I think he can slowly blooded in, hopefully it happens.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Have we ever sold someone for few millions, after we renewed their contracts?
No, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t. Bailly, Pereira and Jones are not really relevant as they had already proved to be not good enough or past it, and we’re all on big contracts. Levitt looks decent and might have a good chance of playing for Celtic/Rangers by the looks of things. Chelsea or Liverpool would look for a way to make money on him, if they weren’t going to use him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Could be a late bloomer, some great close control, decent long balls, tenacious and can take a corner. :drool:

SAFMUTD

Were not good at shipping players out, specially youngsters. When was the last time we sold one for a considerable fee? Knowing our stupid board we'll probably give him a 40-50K per week contract which will make him unsellable.

Gandalf

Scored the winner and was their best player again as they won 1-0 to get to the brink of European qualification. I don't know if he has a future here but it would be absolutely mental to let him go on a free right now, a 2 year extension on sensible money with him spending next season back out on loan, maybe even staying with Dundee United and then if we don't think he is going to break through there would certainly be interested bidders next summer.

Bwuk

He's doing really well at Dundee United but we have so many options in midfield and will likely look to sign players anyway.

I don't think he'll be here after the summer but he'll have a good career somewhere. He should try and get a move in with Nottingham assuming Garner comes back.

dablem_10

i dont think his potential lies in PL top 10, but he can be useful player in lesser leagues. But i would be happy to be wrong in this statement

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's doing really well at Dundee United but we have so many options in midfield and will likely look to sign players anyway.

I don't think he'll be here after the summer but he'll have a good career somewhere. He should try and get a move in with Nottingham assuming Garner comes back.
We do!?

OT: Can't say I've watched Dundee, but would love it if all these talents get a run in preseason under a manager that know how to work with youth. Wouldn't hurt right?

Bwuk

We do!?

OT: Can't say I've watched Dundee, but would love it if all these talents get a run in preseason under a manager that know how to work with youth. Wouldn't hurt right?
We will play 3 in midfield, whether its 433 or 4231.

Assuming Garner & Donny come back from their loans, we’d have Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Donny, Garner and Hannibal ahead of him. Add in that we will likely sign someone too.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Assuming Garner & Donny come back from their loans, we’d have Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Donny, Garner and Hannibal ahead of him. Add in that we will likely sign someone too.
I’ll be honest. If him and Garner get a preseason. I expect he will outshine Garner

VanDeBank

Ma’am

I wouldn't make the assumption that Hannibal is ahead of him, just because he happened to be here under Rangnick's watch and got a few pity minutes, while Levitt was on loan.

I like Garner, but it's jumping the gun to assume he'd be ahead in some sort of pecking order under ETH when he's yet to play for us.

Knowing ETH's style, Bruno's role is a question mark for me.

Bwuk

He’s far too good for Dundee Utd. Wouldn’t be surprised if Celtic or Rangers look at him in the summer.

avgp_1

Lovely player, that skill against pressure from 3 surrounding Celtic players including a meg

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I’ll be honest. If him and Garner get a preseason. I expect he will outshine Garner
From what I saw of the two when they played together Levitt always looked the better of the two for me

Marwood

Very nice player. Just always wondered if he has enough about him physically.

arthurka

I thought so too but we do have a 1 year extension on the club side if we want to use it, I think the issue is that so far we have not picked it up and I am hoping it is just a case of wanting to let ETH have a say before finalizing things.
Ok makes sense

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Honestly, Levitt and Garner have alot of similarities in their game but Levitt just seems to edge it slightly with his courage and control in tighter situations . He looks more agile and nimble footed.

BigBebe

That's three goals in four games, he is finishing the season very strongly. I hope he gets a chance next year for us.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's been very good for Dundee Utd up here this season and seems to be having his own goal of the season competition :lol: screamer v Celtic last night. Be interesting to see where he goes next.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol:

Looks like a tiny version of him a bit I guess?
It's like the pre/post transformation of captain america comparing the 2.

Levitt is certainly a tidy player though. Glad he's found somewhere he's playing regularly and not wasting time out in Croatia.

Mickson

I think he's a late bloomer, a very good player who is going to get better season by season. He has scored six goals this season in what has been, arguably, his best ever. I'm not sure he has enough to be a United player though. Just my gut feeling that he hasn't got what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.