Other Dylan Moran has turned into a very poor comedian

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Hi,

For the best part of a decade, Dylan Moran has been my favourite comedian. He was absolutely hilarious. The stream of consciousness comedy is genius and I loved the drunken persona/attitude similar to his character in Black Books.

I saw him two weeks ago, however, and he was clearly pissed out of his mind. He ended the gig early by accident, often made little to no sense and all-in-all the show was thoroughly unenjoyable. The group of six of us that attended all agreed that possibly it was a bad night for him, and the girls all said they just wanted to give him a hug because he's clearly going through some stuff. We actually all ended up leaving feeling decidedly sad for him. It was a tough watch.

Anyway, forward two weeks and my brother/some friends have just seen him in Galway and the comments were much the same - alcoholic, shite jokes, like a drunk uncle at your pub forgetting the punchlines.

Not sure what the point of this post was really, just to warn people who might have tickets for him and to lament the collapse of one of my favourites. It's weird seeing a celebrity unravel in realtime, on a stage, whilst being applauded. The man obviously needs help, but for whatever reason the show keeps rolling on...

Weird world.

Withnail

Hi,

For the best part of a decade, Dylan Moran has been my favourite comedian. He was absolutely hilarious. The stream of consciousness comedy is genius and I loved the drunken persona/attitude similar to his character in Black Books.

I saw him two weeks ago, however, and he was clearly pissed out of his mind. He ended the gig early by accident, often made little to no sense and all-in-all the show was thoroughly unenjoyable. The group of six of us that attended all agreed that possibly it was a bad night for him, and the girls all said they just wanted to give him a hug because he's clearly going through some stuff. We actually all ended up leaving feeling decidedly sad for him. It was a tough watch.

Anyway, forward two weeks and my brother/some friends have just seen him in Galway and the comments were much the same - alcoholic, shite jokes, like a drunk uncle at your pub forgetting the punchlines.

Not sure what the point of this post was really, just to warn people who might have tickets for him and to lament the collapse of one of my favourites. It's weird seeing a celebrity unravel in realtime, on a stage, whilst being applauded. The man obviously needs help, but for whatever reason the show keeps rolling on...

Weird world.

I saw him recently and was disappointed. The whole show was self-indulgent and he was clearly pissed. It was still quite funny in parts. He was off the drink for years and told us he started drinking again after his marriage broke up during lockdown and it was the best decision he ever made. He's clearly going through all of that and drinking to cope.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I stand by this claim that his 'Monster' DVD is one of the finest stand up performances I have ever seen. It makes me laugh out loud even to this day.

Haven't been overly impressed with his work since however. The follow up to Monster had a few good moments but overall just didn't have the same style and class.

Black Books was great though. Very funny.

Shame if he's going through hard times. :(

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s my favourite Irish comedian of all time but I’ve heard mostly really negative stuff about this show and I avoided the galway shows for that reason. He’s probably doing it for the divorce money and it keeping him travelling and on the session. Better than sitting at home moping. Hopefully he can find happiness again and get back to giving the people what they want. people will probably always pay to see him on the off chance he has a stormer or else just go along to watch the car crash.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Monster and Like, Totally were a couple of really solid sets, great even and they came.at a time when he was clearly a cut above other stand ups who were on telly.

He released material ever since has touched either. Tommy Tiernan was another one, great 1st DVD and mostly shite since.