EAR/ONS killer DNA match

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Just read about this serial killer and listened to some audio tapes, in the other "most compelling serial killer" (or summin along those lines) thread. Wow.

diarm

It's only about 3 weeks since I got stuck down an internet rabbit hole reading about this piece of shit.

Can't believe they've caught him. They should leave him in a cell on his hands and knees with dinner plates stacked on his back for the rest of his life.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Holy S***

I listened to everything about this case across 5 episodes on the podcast Casefile. It was utterly compelling and I never ever thought it would be solved. Incredible.

Tarrou

this is the cnut who kept calling the victims to taunt them years later right?

I bet they'll sleep a bit better tonight!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Whats with those people on reddit? So like how this is a football forum, do people talk on murder forums and try to do online investigations to solve crimes?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Whats with those people on reddit? So like how this is a football forum, do people talk on murder forums and try to do online investigations to solve crimes?
Yeah, glad I’m not the only one who finds that weird as feck.

Mind you, from the outside looking in, people typing thousands of words at each other over whether some random French bloke can play football as well on the right side of the pitch as he can on the left must seem a bit mental too.

cyberman

Theres a poster on there complaining he just finished researching and listing the 2000 residents of the county with a Germanic last name only to find out the killer was an Italian.
This is a healthy relsease for everybody.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah, glad I’m not the only one who finds that weird as feck.

Mind you, from the outside looking in, people typing thousands of words at each other over whether some random French bloke can play football as well on the right side of the pitch as he can on the left must seem a bit mental too.
:lol: Yeah, people probably think we're all losers.

But that's why I'm wondering, like is it just that I don't get it or is it actually weird. Because I understand talking online about sports, hobbies, entertainment and being fans of that sort. So then are they like serial killer fans or something? Do they actually think they are going to solve these crimes? How do you get into this or even explain this to people about how you spend your time? Like, I'm an online serial killer detective who spends his time compiling lists of 2000 people with Germanic names. This is a cold case mystery in itself.

GBBQ

:lol: Yeah, people probably think we're all losers.

But that's why I'm wondering, like is it just that I don't get it or is it actually weird. Because I understand talking online about sports, hobbies, entertainment and being fans of that sort. So then are they like serial killer fans or something? Do they actually think they are going to solve these crimes? How do you get into this or even explain this to people about how you spend your time? Like, I'm an online serial killer detective who spends his time compiling lists of 2000 people with Germanic names. This is a cold case mystery in itself.
I think reading up on cases is normal-ish with a hint of morbid curiosity.

Logging on in the belief that you are going to solve a crime from the 1940's however, is crazy.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think reading up on cases is normal-ish with a hint of morbid curiosity.

Logging on in the belief that you are going to solve a crime from the 1940's however, is crazy.
The sort of jubilant attitudes is the weirdest part. Like...obviously it's brilliant the case has been solved and all, and there will be people in the area who are genuinely relieved etc, but a lot of the posts there look like people celebrating a deadline day transfer signing.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The sort of jubilant attitudes is the weirdest part. Like...obviously it's brilliant the case has been solved and all, and there will be people in the area who are genuinely relieved etc, but a lot of the posts there look like people celebrating a deadline day transfer signing.
Yeah, that's strange for sure. I'm glad other people think so too :lol:

Runner

I'd imagine there would be a lot of fame and money for someone who solved a case as notorious as EAR/ONS. It could also be someone's special interest. With the vast number of victims, it's possible some are distant relatives or knew someone involved. I read a comment from a woman in that thread who was terrorized by the EAR/ONS and lost many nights sleep over it, one of the murders happened in a condo next door to her boss and some of the rapes happened in her neighborhood. I try not to judge people unless they're actively impeding the case and harassing innocent people. There's a lot of comments about leaving the suspects wife alone after they found her address and phone number very quickly.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Normally, I'm quite interested in crime mysteries; however, my hate for the awful things this bastard did meant my reading on the subject was extremely short-lived.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Normally, I'm quite interested in crime mysteries; however, my hate for the awful things this bastard did meant my reading on the subject was extremely short-lived.
Same here.

Two of the guys I read about stuck out as particulary deprived, even by serial killer standards. I can't remember their name, but they cooperated on raping, mutilating and killing their victims.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah same. This one was one of the really sick ones.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Why is there nothing on the news about this? Big deal here in Sacramento yet nobody seems to be reporting this.