Eat your words here

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The only thing to be established from this thread is that, apparently, United fans doubt every member of the squad.

Odd.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
The toughest one is Rashford.... Really want him to succeed at the top level and he puts in 100% unlike some but just have the gut feeling he will come up a bit short in terms of where we want to get back to - winning titles etc - (While still having a decent career)

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
This thread needs an "Have already proved doubters right" category for Maguire, Shaw and Olé himself.

Will prove doubter wrong.
AWB
Rashford
Martial.
McT.

Will prove doubters right.
Pogba.
Lingard.
James.

croadyman

WOW 14 proves the doubters right for Pogba over this thread but being totally honest that isn't unjustified, his only really game changing moment in a Utd shirt would be the derby at Etihad in 2018

Flytan

Tell me more about this part? There's no excuse for how shit Pogba has been but I'm happy to be informed otherwise
Oh I think it's like 50% Pogba/50% Manager. I don't think he has any desire to be here since he fell out with Mourinho. He's the type of player who is a "luxury" in other words an already strong squad can put him in and become better but a weaker squad won't get much out of him. At least that's why I think he did so well at Juventus and for France.

paulscholes18

Prove the doubters wrong
AWB

Prove the doubters right
Maguire
Lindelof
Matic
OGS
Pogba

deleon

Aside from the disheartening transfer window we've just had, our recent results have also given little cause for optimism, with a large number of players receiving heavy criticism for their performances.

Yet, optimists some still are. I thought it might be interesting to take this low point in our season as an opportunity for posters who are not opposed to eating their words later to state, unequivocally, players whom they believe will prove the doubters wrong. Or right - or, if you want, pour cold water on players receiving praise should the time come. To start it off:

Will prove doubters wrong:
  • Maguire
  • Lindelof
  • Pogba
  • Lingard (I'm not not serious)
Will prove doubters right:
  • Bailly
You don't have to defend/explain your choice. Just make sure to avoid the new signings until they have played for us (and if they are actually under fire for their performance). You can edit by adding new takes, but please resist the urge to change existing ones.
Okay, time to reassess (I hope this doesn't break rules on old threads):

Maguire - He's proved himself, if not yet his pricetag. This isn't as obvious now as it was in October.
Lindelof - I don't think he settled the debate one way or another. He had an okay season when next to Maguire, but he's someone upon whom we can upgrade.
Pogba - Again, there are still doubts around him, but we are generally better when he plays.
Lingard - No longer at the club, but I guess he did prove the doubters wrong.

Bailly - He's earned a new contract, so there is that. But I still think he's our last choice centreback when fit.

And for next season, will prove doubters wrong:

van den Beek
de Gea
Martial