Eberechi Eze

Loftus Road Lad

Supports
QPR
Would love this to be true. He's an amazing talent who could easily play at the very top if he develops further. Loved watching him at QPR and the majority of fans still have a soft spot for him. It's a great story that he has gone from being released by various academys to now playing for England and being linked with big moves. Hopefully it's a high fee when he eventually leaves Palace as QPR have a clause that means we receive 20% of any transfer fee!!

flappyjay

Mount is a much better player, come on now. Mount was genuinely an excellent player for 2 years before this past season, is only 22, Southgate loves him (not that I rate Southgate) but more importantly, tuchel loves him too. Also - Mount can actually play next to Bruno in midfield as an 8. Eze is a "one of 3 behind the striker" player. So doesn't make sense.
Hasn't proved this and his best games are as one of the attacking 3.

Woziak

Mount is a much better player, come on now. Mount was genuinely an excellent player for 2 years before this past season, is only 22, Southgate loves him (not that I rate Southgate) but more importantly, tuchel loves him too. Also - Mount can actually play next to Bruno in midfield as an 8. Eze is a "one of 3 behind the striker" player. So doesn't make sense.
Mount is 24 not 22, the same age as Eze on current form last season especially the back end who would you take ?

The White Pele

Just entered the last two years of his deal so could hopefully agree a good price with Palace who will be keen to avoid another Zaha situation.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mount is 24 not 22, the same age as Eze on current form last season especially the back end who would you take ?
Yeah I meant he had great age 22 and 23 seasons, brain stopped half way.

I'd take Mount every single day of the week. Eze is nowhere near good enough for a top club. He's a backup for a player we don't rotate ever and don't need to rotate, he doesn't help our pressing game and isn't elite on the ball to make up for it. Mount has shown an excellent level at a top club, in the CL, will essentially replace Eriksen and Fred in 1 player and improve the starting 11 massively. It's not a close comparison and it's a huge disservice to mount to claim it is. Guy is so underrated and I have no idea why. Just take a quick check at his fbref profile from 20/21 and 21/22 and see just how well he stacks up, especially 20/21 where he played deeper in midfield pretty often. He provides far more on the ball, can play in the position where we actually need somebody, and will be a huge help to our pressing game. This past season Chelsea had a disaster year and he wants out and refused to sign a new contract so it's an irrelevant year to look at anything he did.

flappyjay

He's played as an 8 a decent amount of time
Similar to how Shaw has played CB to a good level unlike Mount who put average performances at cm. But we wouldn't confidently go in to the season with Shaw as our left sided CB as he is not truly proven in that role. The reality is it looks like Mount will be CONVERTED into a cm.

He has the qualities to play as an 8 but that doesn't necessarily mean it will work out, we might have to end up playing him or Bruno at right midfield with the other as a 10. This scenario is more likely to happen than Mount being successfully converted into a league challenging 8.

roseguy64

He played in every single one of thier league games last season.
He did but I said it incorrectly. I meant that before Vieira got sacked Eze was coming on from the bench a lot rather than starting. Hodgson restored him to a starter when he came in.

AsonUnique

Maybe a Mount alternative? Don't see it happening but I think we would play them similarly.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Scored another cracker in pre-season yesterday.

Checks notes: no that’s actually his brother Chimaechi Eze. I would swear on my life that it’s a video of Eberechi, crazy likeness even down to the celebration. Wondering if we’d get away with accepting £60m from a big club and sending Chimaechi for the medical instead :D

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
And here is Eberechi scoring an almost identical goal against Crawley last week for comparison. They even move the same :eek:

Abraxas

Talented player but he is not actually that young. The lad is 25. He should really be delivering consistently on his talent. I think it's a punt for a top team. He's had a little burst of form but whether that amounts to becoming a consistent top flight attacker I'm not sure.

dinostar77

Talented player but he is not actually that young. The lad is 25. He should really be delivering consistently on his talent. I think it's a punt for a top team. He's had a little burst of form but whether that amounts to becoming a consistent top flight attacker I'm not sure.
Could see him at City to replace mahrez

AFC NimbleThumb

Nah I would tbf. Not a slight on Sancho, but Eze is a feckin’ absolute baller.

He’s become more and more consistent and has a very strong, almost badass type mindset as a player.

He’s no joke.
Swap one mercurial talent playing at a a smaller team with less pressure for a mercurial talent that was once flourishing on a smaller but rather larger stage than the new flavour of the month. He’s no joke, absolute baller etc. were the same things said about Sancho.

Just a bit tiresome that any time someone does well elsewhere people use it as a way to dig out the current public enemy number 1. I like Eze but feck me are we talking small sample theatre.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Swap one mercurial talent playing at a a smaller team with less pressure for a mercurial talent that was once flourishing on a smaller but rather larger stage than the new flavour of the month. He’s no joke, absolute baller etc. were the same things said about Sancho.

Just a bit tiresome that any time someone does well elsewhere people use it as a way to dig out the current public enemy number 1. I like Eze but feck me are we talking small sample theatre.
Sancho was in a different league though, in a different country.

Eze is doing it at Crystal Palace in the PL.

Don’t really wanna make it about Sancho though, was just joining in the conversation, but if the topic is ‘would you swap Sancho for Eze?’, as someone who’s watched them both a lot, for me, I would.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Sancho was in a different league though, in a different country.

Eze is doing it at Crystal Palace in the PL.

Don’t really wanna make it about Sancho though, was just joining in the conversation, but if the topic is ‘would you swap Sancho for Eze?’, as someone who’s watched them both a lot, for me, I would.
Sancho played in the highest competition in Europe performing against the likes of Messi’s Barcelona et al. Yes he’s been disappointing but let’s not act like Eze has been ripping up the EPL for anywhere near the length of time Sancho did in Germany [weaker league] & Europe [stronger competition overall]. Eze would come in, not be Ronaldo reincarnated & become the next Rashford, Martial, Sancho in no time.

The swap X Player for current United outcast is tiresome. Eze’s merits aren’t bolstered by Sancho’s underperformances just as Sancho’s achievements pre-United put Eze’s well into the stands.
He offers more than Sancho and that’s not even a debate. To be honest, it’s not saying much either.
It’s not a debate because it simply isn’t true & that’s not a knock on Eze or saying Sancho has been particularly useful. Sancho was Eze to Rashford & Martial 2 years ago.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s worth noting that Sancho is two years younger and Eze wasn’t even getting into the Palace team until very recently. Sancho was playing in the Champions League regularly while Eze was in the Championship.

Eze is a fantastic player but it’s way too early to write off Sancho and the comparison doesn’t even really make sense.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s worth noting that Sancho is two years younger and Eze wasn’t even getting into the Palace team until very recently. Sancho was playing in the Champions League regularly while Eze was in the Championship.

Eze is a fantastic player but it’s way too early to write off Sancho and the comparison doesn’t even really make sense.
Don’t you dare come in here with facts.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Eze’s been a regular and important player for a technically very good Palace side for 3 years. And he’s improving every season quite dramatically.

He was dropped by Viera inexplicably and Viera subsequently played crap football and got sacked. Roy came back in, brought Eze back in and he was easily the single most instrumental player in turning their season around.

He’s a fantastic player, technically very sound, great decision maker, great attitude.

Non of this is in relation to Sancho who I have no interest in discussing here, just talking about Eze himself.

Marwood

When would you write off Sancho?

Backgrounds I suppose should be taken into account but ultimately who is the better player right now?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Eze’s been a regular and important player for a technically very good Palace side for 3 years. And he’s improving every season quite dramatically.

He was dropped by Viera inexplicably and Viera subsequently played crap football and got sacked. Roy came back in, brought Eze back in and he was easily the single most instrumental player in turning their season around.

He’s a fantastic player, technically very sound, great decision maker, great attitude.

Non of this is in relation to Sancho who I have no interest in discussing here, just talking about Eze himself.
All of that might be true, but he is 25, and performing well for Palace is a step down from performing well for Dortmund in the Champions League. I also didn’t want to make the comparison, because it doesn’t make any sense, but just felt the need to comment when Sancho was needlessly compared.

When would you write off Sancho?

Backgrounds I suppose should be taken into account but ultimately who is the better player right now?
Obviously it’s Eze, but I still think Sancho deserves another year, especially after his absence last season. There is definitely a player in there, and one that is very gifted technically.

I saw him being just as impressive for Dortmund as Eze has been for Palace. He just can’t be written off at his age.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Wouldn’t hate him at City now the Paqueta deal has fallen through, all in the aid of depth but I think he’d see quite a few minutes.