Ed Sheeran plagiarism accusation trial | Sheeran wins | Taylor Swift next in court

Classical Mechanic

This post led me down a SLTS rabbit hole that
culminated in their live performance on Top of the Tops in 1991, during which Kurt sang the entire song in the style of Morrissey because they wouldn't let the band play live instruments.
I think for the context of this thread Tom Schoz of Boston comments on Kurt's 'plagiarism' are interesting

Scholz is the writer of “More Than a Feeling.” In 1994, he said he had no issue with “Smells Like Teen Spirit” being reminiscent of “More Than a Feeling.” “I take it as a major compliment even if it was completely accidental,” he revealed.

Nirvana was, from what I’ve heard, a great band,” Scholz continued. “I was really impressed by the couple of things I heard. Regardless of what the context was, it’s an honor to be heard in the same airspace as Nirvana.”

Quite a bit of a different reaction we see these days from the estate and/or families of deceased artists or musical artists of modest success.

Dante

Average bang
This post led me down a SLTS rabbit hole that
culminated in their live performance on Top of the Tops in 1991, during which Kurt sang the entire song in the style of Morrissey because they wouldn't let the band play live instruments.
Love that!