Ed Woodward 2019 - Until all Arctic ice melts edition

Keefy18

So you are actually suggesting that we should wait for other clubs to make moves before we make ours?

Regarding madrid, they had ONE bad year and they got their shite together. And also you conveniently disregard the other signings they made to suit your agenda:lol:
If you were a superhero your power evidently would be creating things that don't exist.

Learn to comprehend what I am saying. I am saying, CHILL! We are no better or worse off than some of our main rivals like Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs! Only 2 teams in the league have stolen a march on the rest and that's City & Liverpool. The rest are all in or around the same level with similar issues on going throughout their clubs.

• Chelsea have lost their best player and manager and have a transfer ban.
  • Arsenal are soft and lost one of their best players. They need additions to their defence and midfield, just like us!
  • Spurs didn't sign anyone last season and who knows might still have Levy tying up the purse strings again? Only time will tell.
Here's a possibility, maybe things are a little slower this summer because Ole & Mike are really sussing out potential targets and having longer discussions to ensure we aren't investing in more money grabbing twats? Maybe they want to be certain that what they are signing to the club will remain at the club and more importantly love the club and put a shift in every damned week!

It's gas, the irony of you mocking me bringing up our direct rivals of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs who we will actually play and compete with over 38 games in the season ahead, but your sulking about Real who have absolutely sweet feck all to do with us and we won't even be playing against, unless Real fail in the CL and get dumped to the EL and even than its probably unlikely.

In a word, Perspective!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Only recently with some structure in place and hiring a good manager and DoF(Edwards) in 2016 has it very quickly done a 180.
Alright Keefy my old and good friend, let's at least agree on something. Things can change pretty fast, especially being lucky to have so much money and stature as we have as a club.

People have a right to ask for a change though. This has been an absolute shitshow in the last 6 years.

Keefy18

Alright Keefy my old and good friend, let's at least agree on something. Things can change pretty fast, especially being lucky to have so much money and stature as we have as a club.

People have a right to ask for a change though. This has been an absolute shitshow in the last 6 years.
They can indeed if the right choices are made, its making those right choices first though. Easier said than done and for that I cut Woodward some slack, especially with some of the crazier stuff he's getting blamed for.

I'd happily take a DoF and give Ole a few years to rebuild, same way I gave LVG and reluctantly gave it to Jose too.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If you were a superhero your power evidently would be creating things that don't exist.

Learn to comprehend what I am saying. I am saying, CHILL! We are no better or worse off than some of our main rivals like Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs! Only 2 teams in the league have stolen a march on the rest and that's City & Liverpool. The rest are all in or around the same level with similar issues on going throughout their clubs.

• Chelsea have lost their best player and manager and have a transfer ban.
  • Arsenal are soft and lost one of their best players. They need additions to their defence and midfield, just like us!
  • Spurs didn't sign anyone last season and who knows might still have Levy tying up the purse strings again? Only time will tell.
Here's a possibility, maybe things are a little slower this summer because Ole & Mike are really sussing out potential targets and having longer discussions to ensure we aren't investing in more money grabbing twats? Maybe they want to be certain that what they are signing to the club will remain at the club and more importantly love the club and put a shift in every damned week!

It's gas, the irony of you mocking me bringing up our direct rivals of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs who we will actually play and compete with over 38 games in the season ahead, but your sulking about Real who have absolutely sweet feck all to do with us and we won't even be playing against, unless Real fail in the CL and get dumped to the EL and even than its probably unlikely.

In a word, Perspective!
Learn to actually make sense, for once.

We finished sixth, even if other teams don't do anything in the market, we are still worse than them. So we can't CHILL.

And yeah just forget about Real Madrid. Forget about acting like big clubs. Lets not strengthen and make best use of this window because we aren't going to be playing in CL. Of course you would agree with that because that's what you are telling other posters - to lower down the expectations.

And regarding the possibility you mentioned, that shit should have been done when last season was gonna get concluded. That's why everyone is in a favor of a dof because Woodward has no clue how to run a club.

Again, it doesn't matter what other clubs are doing. We need to strengthen regardless of their activity and there are no signs of that happening anytime soon.

Two words, common sense!

Keefy18

Learn to actually make sense, for once.

We finished sixth, even if other teams don't do anything in the market, we are still worse than them. So we can't CHILL.

And yeah just forget about Real Madrid. Forget about acting like big clubs. Lets not strengthen and make best use of this window because we aren't going to be playing in CL. Of course you would agree with that because that's what you are telling other posters - to lower down the expectations.

And regarding the possibility you mentioned, that shit should have been done when last season was gonna get concluded. That's why everyone is in a favor of a dof because Woodward has no clue how to run a club.

Again, it doesn't matter what other clubs are doing. We need to strengthen regardless of their activity and there are no signs of that happening anytime soon.

Two words, common sense!
Of course, now is the time for panic isn't it? How about a panic appointment for DoF? Oooh maybe some panic signings and waste more money? So actually what we need to do above all else is indeed fecking chill!

Your super power is in full effect this morning I see :) Where did I say not strengthen? As I suggested, Ole and Mike might be more careful and not rushing into transfers to ensure they get it right, which takes time!

Real have sweet FA to do with us, its not a lowering of expectations at all...It's called...Reality! Our main competitors currently aren't Real, it is Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Until we start winning leagues again and making the latter stages of CL, they aren't anything to do with us, Deal with it!

Kind of hard to install a DoF when Jose refused one. So, answer me this...Did you expect Woodward to over rule Jose? Cause when there was disagreement over a CB last summer, folks also slated him for over ruling there. It's a lose lose situation.

Of course it matters what other clubs are doing, you just said we finished 6th and are leagues behind them all apparently, such a drama queen! :lol:

As I matter of factually pointed out they all have their own issues as well and its nowhere near as dramatic as you make out.

El-Manos

He’s poison at this rate. We are a shambles. A club in major crisis with no plan in place with the wrong man in charge of everything.

Fosu-Mens

Yes, absolutely. No question about it. But not for the same reasons as us fans.
I can guarantee you that the Glazers has a business plan in place that targets Uniteds share value to maybe as much as 7-8bn in five years. Its 4bn now. Thats also why they wont sell now. Way too much upside.
Thats where the real profit is for them, not in maximising revenue and taking out dividends of 25m every year. Its peanuts to them.
And they wont get to 8bn share value without United winning titles, being one of the top three clubs in the world. Which will increase brand recognition even more and drive sponsorships, etc. Its the most important thing for them. Its pure financial logic.
Which is why they have spent so much on transfer fees and wages the last couple of years. If they just wanted to maximize revenue that would be stupid. Its clear evidence of that they want to bring United back to the top. Not because they love the club, but because that is where the real money is for them. Real, real money.
We will see the Glazers sell when they belive that the max share value has been reached and they will def spend to get there.
If they are trying win big titles, then maybe they should learn something from the other clubs that have succeeded over the last years. Maybe benchmark them? What are they doing differently compared to us? Structure, recruitment, style of play, analysis etc. We certainly have something to learn from others.
Rest is not necessary to argue given that it is depended on whether Woodward is involved in football decisions or not, and here we disagree.

Dependent on the new CL and EPL TV-deals the need for titles might not be there at all. With Amazon wanting in on the sport streaming market and possibly Netflix, the next deals can be even higher than they are now.
A new TV-deal with, let's say £200m per year income(+-£50m dependent on club and position) would make the value of the club go even higher. Additionally, if we are top 4 and the new ECL deal is big, then the valuation might touch that number.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, Fergie finished 3rd on average - whereas we've finished 4th on average under subsequent managers. Barely a difference, right?

Dunno what people are moaning for.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
And that ain't all: The combined efforts of our managers in the post-SAF years have also eclipsed Sir Matt's (he finished 5th on average).

We're witnessing a golden era unfolding, if only the ungrateful bastards would open their eyes.

smallred

until everybody wakes up and gets this paraside moved aside to a clerical or finance role, our decline will continue.

we are a mess. and its down to one man, Woodward.

Jim Beam

And that ain't all: The combined efforts of our managers in the post-SAF years have also eclipsed Sir Matt's (he finished 5th on average).

We're witnessing a golden era unfolding, if only the ungrateful bastards would open their eyes.
People are obviously ignoring simple facts that is in front of their eyes.

And we're making money! We don't know how to spend it, but we are making it!

Woodenlung

Our best players all want to leave and we've not done a thing to prepare for that eventuality. No players signed in areas we desperately need strengthening.

It was reported in December that we planned to have a DoF in place by the summer. Then the job spec changed to technical director, and now it seems like the position amounts to a glorified scouting role. Woodward wants the power concentrated onto himself and it's ruined the club.

Yakuza_devils

When RM need a major rebuild they went out and bought 5 players straight and more players are expected to join. Strong rumours linking Pogba and Mbappe to them this summer as well. Barcelona is forever spending big money on players. I purposely leave out PSG and City because these are sugar daddy club where we can't compared with their spending but we are at the level of RM and Barca. In fact, we were the richest club in the world for many years.

So far we only bought 1 unproven youngster from the championship. The players we are currently linked to are not world class at all while our world class players want out of the club this summer.

I think those that think Ed will make it right next season will be disapointed.

Sylar

He’s poison at this rate. We are a shambles. A club in major crisis with no plan in place with the wrong man in charge of everything.
As a football team
As a business / club which unfortunately we are seen as to those that matter, Ed is probably doing a fantastic job.

I reckon the money spent under lvg and Jose (and Moyes) has seen so little reward that they must be thinking why spend so much with no guarantee of winning or a top 4 when you can get same by going cheaper

It's annoying cos the one constant is Woodward

Kapardin

As a football team
As a business / club which unfortunately we are seen as to those that matter, Ed is probably doing a fantastic job.

I reckon the money spent under lvg and Jose (and Moyes) has seen so little reward that they must be thinking why spend so much with no guarantee of winning or a top 4 when you can get same by going cheaper

It's annoying cos the one constant is Woodward
This myth again. Any banker with a degree and experience can do the job that Woodward is doing since our club was already a giant to begin with.

The sole reason Woodward is in charge is because he's pals with the Glazers. Nepotism everywhere in the club, ruining the culture.

Sylar

This myth again. Any banker with a degree and experience can do the job that Woodward is doing since our club was already a giant to begin with.

The sole reason Woodward is in charge is because he's pals with the Glazers. Nepotism everywhere in the club, ruining the culture.
I'm not going to go into that as I think if that was the case it would be easier to do with Barca , Madrid and other clubs

Not only that but it would be prime time to have it done for city and Liverpool now. Not to mention easier to do when we had Fergie and gill rather than post Fergie

Jim Beam

Correct.

sp_107

I know he made mistakes but I think he is being overly criticized on this board. Since his "watch this space" interview back in 2013 summer he released lot of funds and tried to sign big names but its unfortunate that the managers he got didnt pick the right targets.

I feel his biggest failure was unable to convince "Job-less" Klopp before he went to Liverpool. If Klopp came to UTD he would have atleast shipped out all non hard-working junk having easy time here on huge salaries and would have bought few good players atleast.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Is there a worse CEO in world football?
He's doing a great job for his company.
The commercials speak for themselves. He's an excellent CEO for a business. United is a Thriving Business. Woodward is looking after that.

The fact the football side is a dreadful mess means nothing to him as long as the cash is rolling in, and it keeps rolling in.

Until the cash stops and the commercials become troublesome were not going to see anything different

Enigma_87

You know who
Ah bless, he has to block me cause he can't hold a debate against me :)

Right, where to start with ripping apart your sentiments, here....we...go

Times have indeed changed, but unless you were in favor of sacking Ferguson or over ruling him to the point of installing a DoF above him then little could change with him there, could it?

Next bold part - Yes it is indeed 6 years, but he inherited an absolute shit show from Ferguson and Gill by having Moyes as manager. On top of that the team badly, badly needed to be rebuilt as Fergie left an ageing team with I believe nearly 10 players aged 29 and older, some like Scholes and Giggs were pushing 40 FFS!

Again, yes it is 6 years and yes you are a spoiled brat no more and no less. You and I and millions of others grew up in a time with a world class manager that stayed at the club 3 decades just about and that will never happen again, at any club with that level of success. But many think its perfectly normal to expect that constantly and United shouldn't be without titles for any period of time.... NEWFLASH... We went 40 years without a title pre Busby, then another 27 from Busby to Ferguson.

We've not ever been a team to consistently challenge for leagues...EVER. Sorry to completely burst your bubble but that's the absolute cold, harsh facts laid bare! It's a competitive league and runs in cycles, always has and always will.

As for your sentiments about "top coaches"... Both are considered top coaches. I dislike Jose, but reality is he is considered a top coach. That was your statement, you said we can't attract top coaches which is BS! We can and have!

Nice spin on your narrative too by applying hindsight to enforce your idiotic sentiments. When Jose was hired many believed we would do a 180 and return to being successful, but let me guess in all your infinite wisdom you didn't want him or believe that? You never wanted Jose ;)

There's so much wrong with your little list

- paying Fellaini over his clause - This is what happens when Moyes dithers all summer long chasing unrealistic targets and backs you into a corner on D-Day. You are bargaining from the losing side, its playing a losing hand.
- hiring 3 desperados on the last day of transfer window to close Herrera deal and then briefing they weren't there for us - The Spanish lawyers?
He was new to the job, of course issues would happen, do you not blame Gill in anyway for our failing structure? Where is your vehement hatred towards him for tucking tail and running and not assisting the new hire? Nah, just easier for simpletons like you to just pass the blame to Ed.

- not getting any value for our players - Where would we get value on them? :lol::lol::lol: Did you expect world record fees for border line obese Anderson who needed an oxygen tank on the side of the pitch after his transfer? Did you expect big fees for injury prone Rafael or RVP? Oh maybe we should of demanded a world record fee for squad level players like Cleverly and Welbeck who demanded 1st team football over RVP & Rooney and forced a move. The players moved on for the most part were not worthy of big fees and reality is this, if they aren't cutting it at United and going to smaller clubs, its simple common sense that we will lose out on fees. But common sense seems a foreign concept to you.
- overpaying every single one - Same as above but in reverse. Players are moving to a bigger club, they know we have the funds and agents demand it. But to state "everyone" is utter bollicks. No we didn't over pay on every single one as you put it.
- wages all over the place - That is as much on the manager as it is him. Again I've given the example of if a manager is demanding a player to be signed or stay, as CEO he has to be seen to support his appointment / manager doesn't he? So in your wee list here you prove my point you blame Ed for supporting AND...NOT supporting the manager.
- a team with no identity whatsoever - How in the feck is the team on him? Is it his fault players can't cross? Is it his fault players can't finish? He allowed his appointments (LVG / Jose) to role out their own identities.
- hiring Ole who never operated on this level with the support of Phelan? - Suppose you think Real are a joke too by hiring ZZ? Maybe Barca were morons as well for giving the job to Pep? Oh Chelsea too now appointing Lampard? Worst sentiment of the lot this.
- leaving Herrera deal to expire because Jose didn't fancy him, but Ole clearly does - He didn't leave it at all, Herrera was a sneaky feck who wanted out for ages. Help if you knew what you were on about a bit. As per his interview here, he admits last March that he already had an offer and was unlikely to renew well over a year ago. So reality is, he had an offer 2 years ago and wanted out. https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-premier-league-messi-cristiano-valverde.html
- giving extension to Mourinho and not backing him when he was already in meltdown - Why are you ignoring everything that happened prior to that?
Why are you ignoring his embarrassing Sevilla failure? His disgusting post match interview where he humiliated the club and promoted himself? What about Jose admitting he couldn't motivate players publicly through April and May? What about Jose publicly supporting the renewal of Fellaini's contract and weaking the clubs power in said discussions?? Most importantly here, we get plebs like you then blaming Woodward for him staying!!! What about Jose giving an interview in the US and telling supporters not to attend matches? Jesus, you've some warped fecking head and are full blown biased and have a skewed, ill informed agenda.

- briefing the press behind his back or basically going in the season doomed to fail - WTF are you on about here even? This is the biggest load of BS! If you want to talk about leaks to the press, What about Mendes (Jose's agent) leaking the news of LVG's sacking right after he won the FA Cup?
Jose went public and stated himself outright in interviews that he already had wrote off the season - https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...ike-everyone-else-says-mourinho-37342611.html.
What kind of message is that as manager to give to your players? How in the feck is that Woodwards fault?
Meanwhile Poch who didn't get a single player at all, made a champions league final.

- stating that our performance on the pitch don't have relation to money making which is the dumbest thing I heard ever - Well, matter of fact it didn't. If we had succeeded on field our revenues would of just increased further is all. On field we failed, meanwhile our revenues continued to grow because Ed and business side were doing their job. Pity our fecking managers didn't follow suit!

The irony and double standards in your last line, brilliant...absolutely brilliant. You are completely, utterly brainwashed and a lost cause and clearly extremely ill informed as you've posted things here that I've disproved.

A very simple question, do you honestly believe that if Ed is removed from the role of CEO, We will become successful again?
what the hell is this drivel? :lol::lol::lol:

AllezLesDiables

:lol:

Where in the feck are you getting the notion we can't hire "most" coaches? Says who? Based on what evidence?

The only coach who has openly refused to work for us who could be considered a top coach is Klopp! So suddenly LVG & Jose aren't top coaches now as well? They are 2 of the most successful and well respected coaches in the game the last 25 years! Ridiculous statement!

Why shouldn't I compare to 40 years ago? We've exactly the same structure throughout all that time. Nothing structurally has changed.

Your last statement, hilarious! :)

Read up on the club and educate yourself on it, might surprise yourself by picking something new up.
The problem here is that when Mourinho and LVG were hired there weren't two of the greatest coaches sure they had greatest CVS but you cannot assume peak performance when their most recent results and in LVGs case age would suggest otherwise.

Mourinho was radioactive after his second stint at Chelsea and there were a few including myself who ridiculed the move because of what had transpired at Real and Chelsea the second go around. Not to mention that Mourinho has also worn out his welcome at both creating toxic environments.

As for LVG hiring someone in his mid sixties doesn’t scream building a legacy. It screams short term coach.

LVG and Mourinho were terrible hires because there was no planning and no accounting for variance of styles.

It’s like hiring two interior decorators to decorate your house, who were at the top of the game in 2000s but neither has adopted their style to mesh with late 2010s and both had different styles.

Your house will look like mess and to get it right you need to sell off the stuff they did to restart with a empty house.

Needham

I can't think of one worse, at a major club at least.

Woodward is a clown. But the Glazers are his circus masters.
Wait, so who are the trapeze artists? Please go through the squad member by member assigning them circus roles.

Alabaster Codify7

He's doing a great job for his company.
The commercials speak for themselves. He's an excellent CEO for a business. United is a Thriving Business. Woodward is looking after that.

The fact the football side is a dreadful mess means nothing to him as long as the cash is rolling in, and it keeps rolling in.

Until the cash stops and the commercials become troublesome were not going to see anything different[/QUOTE

This is exactly what's happening. In two years him and the Glazers will be gone but we'll be 10th. Then the true rebuild begins. Once the season tickets die,they move on.

Yakuza_devils

Commercially and football wise, many clubs growth are much more impressive than us. Sooner or later they will catch up with us if we keep regressing.

By then it maybe too late and our rebuild will be so much harder.

Glazers and Ed will then feck off from the club with billions in their pocket while we are in a mess. All these while investing zero of their own money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't believe I used to defend this turd. It's not even the lack of signings. It's the fact that we insist on keeping the same shit, season after season.

the chameleon

Papers report that Ed is offering 350K a week to Rashford and Maguire, God when this will end? He must go as he is constantly making wrong decisions

He should have extended Rashford contract long time back and now paying 350K a week for a player worth 150K per week at max

200K extra per week Means we are paying 10 mil extra per year and that is 40mil for 4 years

So question is,

Rashford on 18M a year for 4 years = 72M
40M new striker on 8 mil per year = 72M

Which one you go for ?

I will go for someone like Haller/Werner in 40-50 mil range
This is what a Liverpool fan would do if he was in charge.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Ah bless, he has to block me cause he can't hold a debate against me :)

Right, where to start with ripping apart your sentiments, here....we...go

Times have indeed changed, but unless you were in favor of sacking Ferguson or over ruling him to the point of installing a DoF above him then little could change with him there, could it?

Next bold part - Yes it is indeed 6 years, but he inherited an absolute shit show from Ferguson and Gill by having Moyes as manager. On top of that the team badly, badly needed to be rebuilt as Fergie left an ageing team with I believe nearly 10 players aged 29 and older, some like Scholes and Giggs were pushing 40 FFS!

Again, yes it is 6 years and yes you are a spoiled brat no more and no less. You and I and millions of others grew up in a time with a world class manager that stayed at the club 3 decades just about and that will never happen again, at any club with that level of success. But many think its perfectly normal to expect that constantly and United shouldn't be without titles for any period of time.... NEWFLASH... We went 40 years without a title pre Busby, then another 27 from Busby to Ferguson.

We've not ever been a team to consistently challenge for leagues...EVER. Sorry to completely burst your bubble but that's the absolute cold, harsh facts laid bare! It's a competitive league and runs in cycles, always has and always will.

As for your sentiments about "top coaches"... Both are considered top coaches. I dislike Jose, but reality is he is considered a top coach. That was your statement, you said we can't attract top coaches which is BS! We can and have!

Nice spin on your narrative too by applying hindsight to enforce your idiotic sentiments. When Jose was hired many believed we would do a 180 and return to being successful, but let me guess in all your infinite wisdom you didn't want him or believe that? You never wanted Jose ;)

There's so much wrong with your little list

- paying Fellaini over his clause - This is what happens when Moyes dithers all summer long chasing unrealistic targets and backs you into a corner on D-Day. You are bargaining from the losing side, its playing a losing hand.
- hiring 3 desperados on the last day of transfer window to close Herrera deal and then briefing they weren't there for us - The Spanish lawyers?
He was new to the job, of course issues would happen, do you not blame Gill in anyway for our failing structure? Where is your vehement hatred towards him for tucking tail and running and not assisting the new hire? Nah, just easier for simpletons like you to just pass the blame to Ed.

- not getting any value for our players - Where would we get value on them? :lol::lol::lol: Did you expect world record fees for border line obese Anderson who needed an oxygen tank on the side of the pitch after his transfer? Did you expect big fees for injury prone Rafael or RVP? Oh maybe we should of demanded a world record fee for squad level players like Cleverly and Welbeck who demanded 1st team football over RVP & Rooney and forced a move. The players moved on for the most part were not worthy of big fees and reality is this, if they aren't cutting it at United and going to smaller clubs, its simple common sense that we will lose out on fees. But common sense seems a foreign concept to you.
- overpaying every single one - Same as above but in reverse. Players are moving to a bigger club, they know we have the funds and agents demand it. But to state "everyone" is utter bollicks. No we didn't over pay on every single one as you put it.
- wages all over the place - That is as much on the manager as it is him. Again I've given the example of if a manager is demanding a player to be signed or stay, as CEO he has to be seen to support his appointment / manager doesn't he? So in your wee list here you prove my point you blame Ed for supporting AND...NOT supporting the manager.
- a team with no identity whatsoever - How in the feck is the team on him? Is it his fault players can't cross? Is it his fault players can't finish? He allowed his appointments (LVG / Jose) to role out their own identities.
- hiring Ole who never operated on this level with the support of Phelan? - Suppose you think Real are a joke too by hiring ZZ? Maybe Barca were morons as well for giving the job to Pep? Oh Chelsea too now appointing Lampard? Worst sentiment of the lot this.
- leaving Herrera deal to expire because Jose didn't fancy him, but Ole clearly does - He didn't leave it at all, Herrera was a sneaky feck who wanted out for ages. Help if you knew what you were on about a bit. As per his interview here, he admits last March that he already had an offer and was unlikely to renew well over a year ago. So reality is, he had an offer 2 years ago and wanted out. https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-premier-league-messi-cristiano-valverde.html
- giving extension to Mourinho and not backing him when he was already in meltdown - Why are you ignoring everything that happened prior to that?
Why are you ignoring his embarrassing Sevilla failure? His disgusting post match interview where he humiliated the club and promoted himself? What about Jose admitting he couldn't motivate players publicly through April and May? What about Jose publicly supporting the renewal of Fellaini's contract and weaking the clubs power in said discussions?? Most importantly here, we get plebs like you then blaming Woodward for him staying!!! What about Jose giving an interview in the US and telling supporters not to attend matches? Jesus, you've some warped fecking head and are full blown biased and have a skewed, ill informed agenda.

- briefing the press behind his back or basically going in the season doomed to fail - WTF are you on about here even? This is the biggest load of BS! If you want to talk about leaks to the press, What about Mendes (Jose's agent) leaking the news of LVG's sacking right after he won the FA Cup?
Jose went public and stated himself outright in interviews that he already had wrote off the season - https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...ike-everyone-else-says-mourinho-37342611.html.
What kind of message is that as manager to give to your players? How in the feck is that Woodwards fault?
Meanwhile Poch who didn't get a single player at all, made a champions league final.

- stating that our performance on the pitch don't have relation to money making which is the dumbest thing I heard ever - Well, matter of fact it didn't. If we had succeeded on field our revenues would of just increased further is all. On field we failed, meanwhile our revenues continued to grow because Ed and business side were doing their job. Pity our fecking managers didn't follow suit!

The irony and double standards in your last line, brilliant...absolutely brilliant. You are completely, utterly brainwashed and a lost cause and clearly extremely ill informed as you've posted things here that I've disproved.

A very simple question, do you honestly believe that if Ed is removed from the role of CEO, We will become successful again?
Go and sign some decent players Ed, and quit pissing around in here.

the chameleon

Here's the question...

More deadwood getting contracts longer than they ever should. Legends such as Giggs, Carrick and many other players that accomplished more for the club took annual one year extensions. Mata, who wasn't wanted by anyone, held out for a longer deal and got it. Surely, there the clubs protocols need to stay consistent.

Whilst Real Madrid upon suffering ONE torrid season decided to go all out and business done properly by spending £300 million plus.

Us fans complain, but why is there no media pressure on Woodward and his sheer incompetence. Why?