Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

soralapio

I can't for the life of me think Ole a) only wants to be Sancho and that's it - he won't accept any other right wingers and b) Only wants to buy a right winger and that's it.... so unless we're completely broke (which would be a whole other issue) then Ed clearly has to be held accountable.
Spot on. It's the same shit as last summer. After Lukaku left not a press conference went by without Ole saying he needed players, he wanted players. No players were signed, and then the muppet brigade decided Ole hadn't wanted a striker to replace Lukaku, so it was all on him, really. It's 100% obvious he is not happy with his squad (a big clue is in how he doesn't use most of his squad, who he knows are below the required level) but what can he do? If he starts an open war with Woodward and the Glazers, he'll be out the door and someone else will be in his place.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Spot on. It's the same shit as last summer. After Lukaku left not a press conference went by without Ole saying he needed players, he wanted players. No players were signed, and then the muppet brigade decided Ole hadn't wanted a striker to replace Lukaku, so it was all on him, really. It's 100% obvious he is not happy with his squad (a big clue is in how he doesn't use most of his squad, who he knows are below the required level) but what can he do? If he starts an open war with Woodward and the Glazers, he'll be out the door and someone else will be in his place.
Exactly, fact is, no manager in football has ever not wanted to buy players. Hell I'm pretty sure Lampard still would love to buy 3 or 4 more just for shits and giggles.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Miserable window.

Liverpool get an elite CM.
Chelsea sign 6 players
We get VDB

Bloody hell Ed and the Glazers. It's as if we were the ones who finished 33 pts ahead of 3rd.

MattofManchester

We looked like a club that was going to be ambitious again, hence us being more attractive to players available in the market.

We're about to look like a club that is a falling giant again and that will struggle to sign top tier players.
As long as the Glazers are here, this club will continue to fall and will win nothing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
How fans can plead poverty as to why we are so useless in the market is just more of it. Smaller, poorer clubs and even the clubs that finished ahead of us are showing ambition and finding value in the market while improving and plugging holes in their squads without the song and dance routine while we are hoping to convince a far better run club than us to cash in on their star player at a discount with 3 weeks to go in the window cause covid? Yeah like that’s going to work. It’s like pulling teeth with us, every fecking year. Always some excuses as to why we are going into a season missing vital players and basic cover, unable to sell but talking a big game about how we are still one of the biggest clubs in the world. Frustrating is an understatement.

AneRu

First of all we have spent less than zero as a club over the past 5 years. The Glazers have taken 89 million out of the club just in transfer business (ins and outs) We have officially spent the least NET out of all the current clubs in the Prem! That to me is shocking enough, but then add that to the players we have been in talks with and lost out on, this equates to total incompetence on the part of Woodward and his team. Complete inability to attract players and get deals over the line, we have needed a CB, LB and RW for a long time, we have got nobody. Today we lose out to Thiago, Bale and Reguilón to the Bin Dippers and Spurs!! I know Thiago is another CM and we have Donny now, Bale on loan would have been a great option after missing out on Sancho and Reguilón is a class LB that stays fit. This shambles needs to stop, we should have 3-4 players in now and sold 3-4 as well. Joke of situation, Glazers out, Woodward out.
Agreed with all this and to add I'd say the damage we will suffer over the next couple of years because of this shambles will be more costly to rectify just as it was after the 2013 and 2018 debacles. Instead of taking a couple of steps forward we have stood still whilst Spurs and Arsenal have taken steps to catch up and now the margins for us as a club are now so fine that we can't afford a major injury or a sustained period of poor form to one of our key players.

All of this is on Woodward imo because if he feels that we can't do the Sancho deal on terms demanded by Dortmund then he should have told Ole and the scouting team so that they make preparations for a more affordable alternative instead of rumbling along with no progress and leave the team short. Part of me thinks that these 'sagas' are deliberate as they keep the club in the spotlight generating publicity and the appearance of a club busy doing something but knowing that they won't do enough to get a deal over the line.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
You do realize this is literally months after he took on his new role of CEO? Have you bothered to read his more recent interview with UWS fanzine?

Man stop digging before it's too late. You denied any evidence existed of the kind of mentality Woodward had at the start of his tenure. Now your excuse is 'he was new'. You can't have it both ways.

The rest of your post isn't worth a reply because it's one gigantic straw man. Woodward is the real problem at United. People like to pretend the Glazer haven't been around since about 2004. That Gill and Fergie never got to spend any money under them. Or that the money spent post them has more than doubled yet nothing gets better.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Our rivals are strengthening left right centre while this clown is chasing shadows like every year and has the nerve to complain about the fans spreading negative vibes. Absolute cretin.

AshRK

There were people who were critizing fans who were questioning Woodward and the board last month saying we should wait till mid September. Where are they now? Woodward is a proven failure and yet some will continue defending him.

Josep Dowling

There were people who were critizing fans who were questioning Woodward and the board last month saying we should wait till mid September. Where are they now? Woodward is a proven failure and yet some will continue defending him.
The bloke is a cnut. No other word for him. I can’t stand anything to do with him. The sooner he’s ousted out of Old Trafford the better.

Strelok

Asking fans to wait till 6th Oct ?

Revan

Assumptionman
First of all we have spent less than zero as a club over the past 5 years. The Glazers have taken 89 million out of the club just in transfer business (ins and outs) We have officially spent the least NET out of all the current clubs in the Prem! That to me is shocking enough, but then add that to the players we have been in talks with and lost out on, this equates to total incompetence on the part of Woodward and his team. Complete inability to attract players and get deals over the line, we have needed a CB, LB and RW for a long time, we have got nobody. Today we lose out to Thiago, Bale and Reguilón to the Bin Dippers and Spurs!! I know Thiago is another CM and we have Donny now, Bale on loan would have been a great option after missing out on Sancho and Reguilón is a class LB that stays fit. This shambles needs to stop, we should have 3-4 players in now and sold 3-4 as well. Joke of situation, Glazers out, Woodward out.
You have totally wrongly readen that graph. It has nothing to do with the net spent, but with how much the owners have put in the club (or got from the club).

Actually, in net spent, we have the second-highest net spent (after City). When you also consider the salaries, there is no difference in the money spent between us and them since SAF left.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yet another start to the season ruined by this cnut and the leeches above him. feck off.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Woodward has single handedly destroyed everything SAF built.

mav_9me

How long till the sporting director rumors start? Tomorrow evening.

kerano.

If I would be as useless at my job as he is at his, I would get fired... What are the Glazers waiting for!?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Is it possible to get #WoodwardIsACunt the top trend on Twitter?

It'll achieve nothing but it'll make me feel a little better.

Raw

Don't worry, our loss means we got plenty of social media activity. The number of #MUFC hashtags are through the roof!

What a slither of scrotum.

DevilRed

The cloud of absolute despair has come back to the club. We just can't seem to shake it off.

Even after a good finish to top 3 last year, we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot.

OGS has his work cut out for him but more importantly dortmund will take us to the cleaners if we go for sancho now.

Ed is doomed for failure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What an off-season from the club to kill any momentum we built up. Desperate. This cnut needs to fecking do something. No fans in there to give him a nice and hostile atmosphere unfortunately.

SER19

He's ruined this club. Full stop. He's been the constant for 7 years and we're starting with that squad today. He's scum. A money man doing bidding for American business men.

Jacob

Serious lack of competition in the squad. Players have become too comfortable with the idea that poor performance carries no consequences.

Rolaholic

He deserves an award for pissing away all of the goodwill and positivity heading into this season right after we finished 3rd in record time

He's set the manager up to fail and likely be a lameduck from the offset

Red Stone

£250 million for Sancho if they take this fecker off our hands. I'll steal the money myself and give it to them.

Joseunited

Not exactly the result Ed was hoping for tonight :lol: What does the cnut do now?Getthe checkbook ready you thick feck.

DSG

Congratulations, Ed. You’ve just been crowned the King of Douchebags! At least United will win something this year!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Felt bad for Neville today . He genuinely loves the club but he has to hold back his real words to protect his media career . He was absolutely right though about the fact that surely this is not what the plan was , they had months to prepare for the deals and did nothing. Club is completely rotten and I see no hope of it turning