Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

oz insomniac

As Man City sign another player as Teflon Ed sits back and leaks interest in players to try and stem the vitriol at the clubs lack of real signings, what happens from here. Surely the blame has to be on the head of the CEO and the owners whose only interest are the dividends provided by Woodys ability to buy Man Utd without any cash injection.

Unfortunately, this is shaping as a terrible attempt to be relevant in a transfer window , as all around us are strengthening and Ed sits back with a bloated roster of players signed to ludicrous extensions, and an inability to improve the club given the finish to last season which with a plan that should have been in train well before the window opened would have seen Utd close the gap . Nothing changes and the usual suspects will come in to suggest that all is well and the masses don’t understand the difficult position our executives are in, when is fact they are a poor excuse for a professional set up.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Dippers are getting 60m for Brewster, Wilson and Grujic. Meanwhile this moron and Judge hand ut idiotic deals to all our players to the point where we have to beg other teams to loan our players while we cover most of their wages.

gajender

Dippers are getting 60m for Brewster, Wilson and Grujic. Meanwhile this moron and Judge hand ut idiotic deals to all our players to the point where we have to beg other teams to loan our players while we cover most of their wages.
Like we are getting 20 m for Smalling right.

Beaucoup

We could potentially end up with Dembele on loan, Cavani on a free or Jovic on loan, Telles and DVB, that's pretty good isn't it?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wonder what his next brief will be? "Covid hit us harder than any other club"?

GoldanoGraham

Wonder what his next brief will be? "Covid hit us harder than any other club"?
I think he needs to go shopping for some body armour as he could be in for serious flak if the next few days fizzle into nothing......

crossy1686

career ending
I'm going to wait until the 6th to stick the boot in as the window is still open, anything can happen, but it is not looking good right now.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm going to wait until the 6th to stick the boot in as the window is still open, anything can happen, but it is not looking good right now.
Aye there is time left and we can get some more in, but even then the planning is fecking awful. A successful club cannot be run they way it has by it's board and senior management to this point, and it doesn't look like things will ever change under this current leadership.

OleBoiii

3(?) days left of the transfer window and this is the status:

In:
Van De Beek, Henderson(back from loan)

Out:
Sanchez, CBJ

Loan:
Chong, J.Pereira

This is ridiculously weak stuff from a club of our stature after scraping top 4.

Nogbadthebad

I've been saying for a few weeks that I don't think the goal is to get players in, its to look like they are.

Going after one high profile player who doesn't want to come to us in the first place (Dembele) while low balling offers on the one who does want to join is a strategy designed to keep transfer talk on the back pages without actually doing any transfers.

No one is that incompetent, it must be deliberate.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
If this window ends like it does now, this has to be the worst window by Ed Woodward yet. The first transfer window was disastrous, but he had a lot of excuses – uncertainty about the manager, first window in charge etc. It's been 8 years now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We could potentially end up with Dembele on loan, Cavani on a free or Jovic on loan, Telles and DVB, that's pretty good isn't it?
We could potentially end up with Sancho, Upamecano, Telles and Partey. Messi & Mbappé next summer as well. That wouldn't be half bad.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well that’s exactly what we’re doing. Panic stations all around.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Our fans hate Woodward n Glazers. Our ex players make fun of them. Journalists make fun of them. Rival fans love them. And they don't give two sh1ts do they? All they care about is your money.

It's time to temporarily boycott the fecking club and force a change or simply accept we're an also ran top 4 chasing club at most for the rest of your days. Which do you want?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I've been saying for a few weeks that I don't think the goal is to get players in, its to look like they are.

Going after one high profile player who doesn't want to come to us in the first place (Dembele) while low balling offers on the one who does want to join is a strategy designed to keep transfer talk on the back pages without actually doing any transfers.

it would also explain the totally nonsensical Upamecano approach

Skeezix

The sheer ineptitude of this man and the glazers in the transfer market knows no bounds.

I really hope the matchgoing fans give one to them the moment fans are allowed inside the stadiums. This club is going to the dumps even faster than Arsenal did.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is still shit at his job, the Glazers are still shit owners. Another season of mediocracy

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The arrogance of this man to believe he doesn't need someone else doing transfers. He's lucky the Glazers know feck all about football because he's not learned a thing in 7 years in charge of transfers.

something to make you hate him even more
I get the doom and gloom, I'm fully feeling it myself, but Ogden's a bullshit merchant. He won't have a clue what is and isn't happening, he's just looking to get some clicks from angry United fans.

Coleyoscar

[QUOTE="Nogbadthebad, post: 26144487, member: 58900"

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree although I acknowledge that it's hard to believe this level of incompetence. I don't think Ed and the others are necessarily inherently stupid as some suggest either. They are simply out of their depth. Ed Woodward obviously has some financial skills but had no experience, as far as can tell, running a large organisation.

The United management organisation appears to be seriously flawed. It's badly structured leading to a lack of strategic direction, failure to trust professional expertise and painfully slow decision making. Individuals working within this kind of structure are almost certain to fail. Our problems run very deep unfortunately.

clarkydaz

[QUOTE="Nogbadthebad, post: 26144487, member: 58900"

I don't agree although I acknowledge that it's hard to believe this level of incompetence. I don't think Ed and the others are necessarily inherently stupid as some suggest either. They are simply out of their depth. Ed Woodward obviously has some financial skills but had no experience, as far as can tell, running a large organisation.

The United management organisation appears to be seriously flawed. It's badly structured leading to a lack of strategic direction, failure to trust professional expertise and painfully slow decision making. Individuals working within this kind of structure are almost certain to fail. Our problems run very deep unfortunately.
[/QUOTE]
He's been doing it over 7 years now

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The heavies need to pay him a visit again
Heavies! I remember those heady days in January, when 3 drunks with fireworks was made out to be something akin to a terrorist attack by the resident caf hand-wringers.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

something to make you hate him even more
It's unfair on James as he will become the hated figure but seriously what the hell these idiots are thinking? Look at Liverpool, they just sold their u17 world cup winner England forward because they don't think he is good enough.

We just don't know how to cut our loss early. Everyone can see James is never going to be good enough to be first team player. Same is with Scott.

Tony247

Last summer every person with two bit of footballing brain was screaming through the roof to buy a no. 10 but these guys woke up only in Jan to buy Bruno. This window all were expecting them to fix RW and CB situation but nothing again. Rinse and repeat every window now isn't it?