Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

TheLord

Ed managed to do a fantastic job for the Glazers this window - played near-perfectly to the script.

Coleyoscar

[/QUOTE]
He's been doing it over 7 years now
[/QUOTE]
Fair point.
I was trying to say that he had no experience running a large organisation before he took his current role. Sadly, he doesn't appear to have the ability to learn from his mistakes either, and God knows he has a lot of them from which to choose.

JohnnyKills

Our best hope is that the pandemic forces Woodward and the Glazers out of the club.

As fans, our best means of protest is to stay away from games and drain the club's revenue. Covid is forcing us to do that.

Maybe missing out on CL wouldn't be the worst thing in the world long term. Surely, surely they'd be forced to sell after that.

Irwin99

I still think the Sancho deal might happen but we'll end up paying the same price (or maybe even a bit more like the Fellaini deal all those years ago :lol: ) and the club will still look bad for not having the deal done sooner and for messing Dortmund around with a whole summer of BS bluffing.

No matter how you spin it the truth is this guy really sucks and has been terrible for our clubs reputation.

Ralph1386

Just read an article by Samuel Luckhurst in the Manchester Evening News that is pretty damning for Woodward.

It seems like Matt Judge and Richard Arnold are basically Woodward’s college mates from their time at the University of Bristol. His exact words are “three chums from the University of Bristol are still running one of the most storied sporting institutions.”

It also says that Woodward had told Mourinho he would sign Ivan Perisic on deadline day, only for him and the board to later tell Mourinho that Perisic is not marketable enough as an Eastern European.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I remember lots of people on here, myself included, laughing at Liverpool fans for their campaigns against Hicks and Gillett years ago.

We need that kind of hate-fuelled passion now to get rid of Woodward.

GiddyUp

Just read an article by Samuel Luckhurst in the Manchester Evening News that is pretty damning for Woodward. It seems like Matt Judge and Richard Arnold are basically Woodward’s college mates from their time at the University of Bristol. It also says that Woodward had told Mourinho he would sign Ivan Perisic on deadline day, only for him and the board to later tell Mourinho that Perisic is not marketable enough as an Eastern European.
They will go down in this clubs history as absolute cnuts of the highest order and all supporters should remind them every day.
The state of our fecking board. Not one person with a football background.

GiddyUp

I remember lots of people on here, myself included, laughing at Liverpool fans for their campaigns against Hicks and Gillett years ago.

We need that kind of hate-fuelled passion now to get rid of Woodward.
Definitely.

Crustanoid

I don't think I have hated anyone in football more than this guy and that goes for ex=Liverpool players such as Robbie Fowler.

Burning hatred for his ignorant and callous actions over the past 7 years and for his role in whoring our club to the Glazers originally

Stretender

Just read an article by Samuel Luckhurst in the Manchester Evening News that is pretty damning for Woodward.

It seems like Matt Judge and Richard Arnold are basically Woodward’s college mates from their time at the University of Bristol. His exact words are “three chums from the University of Bristol are still running one of the most storied sporting institutions.”

It also says that Woodward had told Mourinho he would sign Ivan Perisic on deadline day, only for him and the board to later tell Mourinho that Perisic is not marketable enough as an Eastern European.
What is disturbing is that United fans , you in this case have only found out about this now.

When people were calling for a Director of Football especially after Van Gaal, it was after realising that Ed Woodward was a train wreck.

We as fans only have got ourselves to blame. The Director of football approach was widely ridiculed on here in favour of the Woodward nonsense.

We need to take our share of the blame because as the most important people at the club , we have been passive and expect miracles, on the back of what Fergie achieved.

When Van Gaal complained about the structure at the club, people chose to demonish him for his sideways passing football. When Mourinho complained about it people said he was just a moaner. And when Moyes specifically said Ed Woodward was not David Gill, people still mocked Moyes.

Only fans can affect change at any football club. We have so far failed, but if we can unite, we could reverse the trend.

People forget about how much power we have as fans. It has taken a dangerous infectious disease like Covid, to remind all of us, that football clubs are nothing without the fans.

Let's use our influence wisely, instead of trying to look like top reds by defending the useless Glazers and the officers they appoint to run this club.

The whole club has become a joke. A subject of discussion every day on every radio station and television station in the UK. Its a joke.

Ralph1386

What is disturbing is that United fans , you in this case have only found out about this now.

When people were calling for a Director of Football especially after Van Gaal, it was after realising that Ed Woodward was a train wreck.

We as fans only have got ourselves to blame. The Director of football approach was widely ridiculed on here in favour of the Woodward nonsense.

We need to take our share of the blame because as the most important people at the club , we have been passive and expect miracles, on the back of what Fergie achieved.

When Van Gaal complained about the structure at the club, people chose to demonish him for his sideways passing football. When Mourinho complained about it people said he was just a moaner. And when Moyes specifically said Ed Woodward was not David Gill, people still mocked Moyes.

Only fans can affect change at any football club. We have so far failed, but if we can unite, we could reverse the trend.

People forget about how much power we have as fans. It has taken a dangerous infectious disease like Covid, to remind all of us, that football clubs are nothing without the fans.

Let's use our influence wisely, instead of trying to look like top reds by defending the useless Glazers and the officers they appoint to run this club.

The whole club has become a joke. A subject of discussion every day on every radio station and television station in the UK. Its a joke.
What is more disturbing is when some stranger on a public forum claims to know what I think or thought. You could have easily expressed your opinion about the subject without singling me out like this, saying that I just found out about this now when you don’t even know me.

Stretender

What is more disturbing is when some stranger on a public forum claims to know what I think or thought. You could have easily expressed your opinion about the subject without singling me out like this, saying that I just found out about this now when you don’t even know me.
I didn't guess this you said it yourself in your post.

Anyway that's not important. What is important is that United lack the right personnel in an area that is crucial if the club want to become a top side again .

AshRK

Our best hope is that the pandemic forces Woodward and the Glazers out of the club.

As fans, our best means of protest is to stay away from games and drain the club's revenue. Covid is forcing us to do that.

Maybe missing out on CL wouldn't be the worst thing in the world long term. Surely, surely they'd be forced to sell after that.
The issue is that would not change anything. Ole will be sacked and new manager will get 200m budget and all will look rosey again. It's a rinse, repeat process.

Ralph1386

I didn't guess this you said it yourself in your post.

Anyway that's not important. What is important is that United lack the right personnel in an area that is crucial if the club want to become a top side again .
I never said in my post that I just found out about Woodward being an incompetent prat.
Otherwise we agree that it’s time for change and improvement.

Stretender

I never said in my post that I just found out about Woodward being an incompetent prat.
Otherwise we agree that it’s time for change and improvement.
Good man. We are all bemused fans on here.

Something has to happen to make things better at United.

Woodward must accept he has failed.

Appoint Edwin Van Der Sar as the Director of football. That would be a more important signing than paying 100 million for Sancho on Monday.

Russky14

We the fans are not organised. Twitter campaigns are insufficient. We need high profile figureheads with a money backed programme to target the Regime. Think about the nasty US presential campaign adverts. Expose the unexposed make them uncomfortable. Skeletons exist. The issue is no coordination. I stated this on thread about a week back.

Solve this & we will get somewhere. Money + high profile supporters in an organised campign with grass roots fans.

AneRu

Good man. We are all bemused fans on here.

Something has to happen to make things better at United.

Woodward must accept he has failed.

Appoint Edwin Van Der Sar as the Director of football. That would be a more important signing than paying 100 million for Sancho on Monday.
I think this has festered way beyond that, we need Edwin Van Der Sar as the CEO not DOF because Woodward is just way out of his depth at this level. Thing is if bring in a DOF to work under this charlatan then he too would be sabotaged by Woodward in the same way Ole, Mourinho, LVG and Moyes were.

The DOF could do the groundwork on targets, like Ole has done On Sancho and Woodward would simply drag closing deal by offering lowball figures.

What we need is clarity in our transfer strategy because there is no point going for Sancho if you arent willing to pay up, get a new CEO who can implement a structure that enables us to identify and bag young upcoming talent for reasonable fees not for going for unrealistic targets when you can't walk the talk. Our reputation in the market has taken a huge hit due to his antics.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Well the other way of spinning that is Porto want twice as much for Telles than we want for Rojo who has infinitely more caps at international level.
International caps aren't really a strpng basis of anything though. If Telles was Jamaican he'd have infinitely more caps.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
International caps aren't really a strpng basis of anything though. If Telles was Jamaican he'd have infinitely more caps.
Argentina aren’t exactly Jamaica. The issue with Rojo is he wants to go back home. 20m euros plus is overpriced in this climate for Telles. I don’t think the club are morons for thinking that. It’s probably the only thing I agree with them on at the moment.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Argentina aren’t exactly Jamaica. The issue with Rojo is he wants to go back home. 20m euros plus is overpriced in this climate for Telles. I don’t think the club are morons for thinking that. It’s probably the only thing I agree with them on at the moment.
But Argentina don't have Marcelo tearing it up at left back for the best part of a decade.

I do agree 20m is probably too much for Telles... But we're having a laugh if we expect anything near double digits for Rojo.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
But Argentina don't have Marcelo tearing it up at left back for the best part of a decade.

I do agree 20m is probably too much for Telles... But we're having a laugh if we expect anything near double digits for Rojo.
Oh yeah definitely. I think we’d take a free if a club pays his remaining wages to be honest. Just like I think Porto will cave on this Telles price too.

Crustanoid

Idiots running the club. Massive massive idiots. With the lowest IQs known to man

Stacks

But Matic, Mkhitaryan,Bailly are marketable? I don't buy it

Its a pipedream. There are 600million United fans so the dissenters can be ignored and bypassed as the others will always prop it up. Its not possible to mobilise £600 million people. Its not like we have elections like in Spain, where we can vote him out

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Woodward is so shite, he can’t even employ a decent PR guru to spin his garbage for him. Neil Ashton had been shocking for him.
In fairness, Ed Woodward is so bad at his job that it's not easy to spin the poor job he is doing.
Even Ashton probably shakes his head privately, asking how the hell can someone be so bad at their job and not get fired.