Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

Russky14

Have we published our accounts yet? I think I heard we were waiting until the market closed before we published

if they show our current state isn’t as bad as he’s making out there will be blood. Like most I’m done with his leadership. He keeps going on about how we’ve learnt from our mistakes yet they keep happening. There’s no plan here and we’re run by ex bankers who haven’t got a clue how to do business. The way we approach deals has this air of arrogance which I’m sure is why clubs up their price when they see us coming
As I have said a few times arrogant sycophants. A trait if ex PWC boys. Accountant s come in many guises but the latter are the worst as they are all about there own self importance arse lickers.

In s nutshell this is our two buddy supremos.

And accountants in general are not good commercial negotiators or CEOs.

Last edited:

Russky14

Here here. The more slamming of this guy's incompetence the better for everyone. Oust this rat faced turd
We need other ex players & other high profile fans to come out to the media to show their did content. The heat & the ensuing vitriol is sadly required. It's the only way.

All other threads here are sadly irrelevant. Waking up & seeing one on a title challenge is really depressing. Why? - the fans are treated as sheep & many have given up or just blinded by their loyalty which the REGIME leech from.

We need a sign up thread as a call to action. Ideas not posts like this one rabbiting away. Coordination coordination is key. As a newbie (supporter since 1976) I can't set up this thread.

zenith

We need other ex players & other high profile fans to come out to the media to show their did content. The heat & the ensuing vitriol is sadly required. It's the only way.
Fully agree with this. The unfortunate truth is that only abuse and criticism seems to work with him and the more he gets from celeb fans and ex players the better.

Deery

Dreary
This is a terrible thing to do painting all United fans as savages, the hierarchy at the club is so out of touch with the fans it’s unbelievable. If you’re having to employ security then you’re not doing your job properly and showing what you think of the fans. Total twat of a man.

SmallCaine

Why make it public if you have no concerns over it? Neil Ashton busy at work
Won't be surprised by another group of "fans" attacking his house or something with a reporter conveniently present on the spot to record and report on it.

Rolaholic

The lack of self awareness is incredible, it's like they believe Neville to be the cause of all the dissatisfaction when fans have actually been at his neck for being tepid and not speaking out enough publicly against the way we're run.

Hope he continues to light a fire under their oafish behinds

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What is more disturbing is when some stranger on a public forum claims to know what I think or thought. You could have easily expressed your opinion about the subject without singling me out like this, saying that I just found out about this now when you don’t even know me.
Doesn’t matter when we found out. All that matters is we agree now about the situation. Past can’t be changed

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Scapegoat, that's what he really is.

He's being used to make it look like it's his fault that we couldn't complete transfers, yet if that was a case surely Glazers would've got rid of him? It's not like he's new to the job and honestly, it's just business like any other.

He's getting a nice bonus after this window is shut and all goes quiet around him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If that level of criticism was enough to prompt increased security for Woodward then the likes of David Moyes should still be in witness protection.

Criticism comes with the role. Every one of the managers Ed Woodward has hired & fired faced multiple times the amount of criticism he has. Frankly, given the facts of Woodward's reign he should really be grateful he has had managers to front out the heat for failings that are ultimately his responsibility.

If he thinks mild criticism like Neville's is a problem then he should either get better at his job or leave for a more placid role. Because there's absolutely no reason that criticism should stop. If anything he hasn't been criticised enough over the years.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

He's being used to make it look like it's his fault that we couldn't complete transfers, yet if that was a case surely Glazers would've got rid of him? It's not like he's new to the job and honestly, it's just business like any other.

He's getting a nice bonus after this window is shut and all goes quiet around him.
Glazers won't get rid of him... He's one of the boys, and I doubt any of them look too deeply into how the club is being operated so long as the bank balance is fine

He can continue to be an incompetent moron just as long as the United brand is strong enough to do most of his work for him.

clarkydaz

its really really weak though. I doubt there is one person united/rival fan who gives that brief any credit. Club just making it worse for themselves

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Glazers won't get rid of him... He's one of the boys, and I doubt any of them look too deeply into how the club is being operated so long as the bank balance is fine

He can continue to be an incompetent moron just as long as the United brand is strong enough to do most of his work for him.
Well that's my point, he was appointed to take care of the finances and take attention away from Glazers. Completing transfers may also be his task but it's not priority.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
If all this is true about security at Woodward's home, it's safe to finally say the Sancho deal is 100% off.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I know I might sound like a scumbag but I wouldn't feel anything if another mob turned up at his home.

Kaos

I know I might sound like a scumbag but I wouldn't feel anything if another mob turned up at his home.
Don't agree with this at all, especially if his family are home. Its scumbag behaviour.

But for the Glazers I'd put aside my morals, feck those parasites and if some scumbag behaviour tenuously has a chance to scare them into selling then I'm all for it.