Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

OleBoiii

Ok I'm seeing at least 5 "done deals" now, what the feck? :lol:

Cavani, Telles, Traore, Dembele and that other kid.

I wonder how many of these were Solskjær's first choice :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Nothing wrong with using backups I guess but when you get to the last day of the market and you're still scrambling for players it's annoying.

downunder red

Intimidation of people's families has no place in society.
You are totally right but how many united families around the world are effected by Ed and the Glazers leeching and running of the club. I know they own the club and can do what they want with it. To me though, they have an obligation, to do all they can for it to be successful on the field as well as a financial gold mine. Ed isn't the only one a with a family. My mates young boys were nearly in tears watching the game the other morning.

Razwy

It's like competing in F1 and asking for a Ferrari, but getting 5 VW Polo instead...Unbelieveble!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Half expecting a brief that Woodward had covid all summer and was bed ridden, preventing him from doing his job.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
How can he still stay on in his job after this shambles is beyond me. Must be the most incompetent man in charge in football world, at least amongst the clubs with global fanbase. No other club is run so pathetically and unprofessionally.

Coleyoscar

How can he still stay on in his job after this shambles is beyond me. Must be the most incompetent man in charge in football world, at least amongst the clubs with global fanbase. No other club is run so pathetically and unprofessionally.
Isn't he the highest paid executive in the Premier League? Unbelievable.

YAMS49

I'd love to see what this total twat has been doing since we completed the VDB deal.... Have we really been waiting on Sancho & planning on getting the recent bid to convince Dortmund to sell this whole time & are now only reacting to the inevitable today...!?

saivet

Surely things have to change? We spent the whole summer chasing Sancho despite Dortmund having the same stance throughout, giving up on the final day leaving us with no time to get anyone. Surely Woodward has to be embarrassed by this?!

It's really not all that complicated. If we'd pulled the plug on Sancho a week ago that would have given us enough time. Every time I think about it I'm astounded how clueless this man is.

Bojan11

Surely things have to change? We spent the whole summer chasing Sancho despite Dortmund having the same stance throughout, giving up on the final day leaving us with no time to get anyone. Surely Woodward has to be embarrassed by this?!

It's really not all that complicated. If we'd pulled the plug on Sancho a week ago that would have given us enough time. Every time I think about it I'm astounded how clueless this man is.
Nothing will change.

Will release the annual we looking for a DoF after a transfer window this week. Same shit will happen.

He’s pulled this shit with Maguire, Fellaini and Bruno. In all those cases he ended up overpaying what the clubs originally asked for because he left it late. This time with Sancho he tried to call their bluff, but Dortmund has a price and he just needed to meet that.

Disaster window considering how things were looking up after finishing third last season.

passing-wind

The Sancho situation is no different to Maguire. Mourinho asks for player, club wants 60 million, board say no. Few months past Ole asks for the same player, club wants 80 million, board sanctions the purchase.

Even if we signed Sancho ed needs to go.

binary bot
Every single problem with the club comes back to the disconnect between money and football. No clue when to let someone go - trying to squeeze every penny out of their 'assets'.

Crazy to think you have a banker with so little experience in football being so high up in one of the biggest clubs in the world. Lunacy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

It's the human touch that's lacking and leads us to get so much wrong...

Raw

Even putting my love for United aside, it's actually infuriating me how someone can be so incompetent yet have their job be so safe.

I say incompetent, he's actually doing a brilliant job saving money for the Glazers. They don't give a feck how the club is ran just as long as they get their tasty dividends.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Even putting my love for United aside, it's actually infuriating me how someone can be so incompetent yet have their job be so safe.

I say incompetent, he's actually doing a brilliant job saving money for the Glazers. They don't give a feck how the club is ran just as long as they get their tasty dividends.
No, he's mismanaged hundreds of millions of pounds with nothing to show for it. Across all levels he's utterly incompetent, but he masterminded this leveraged takeover so he's in their good graces.

red_de_pologne

Outdone himself yet again.

0 main targets acquired, 0 key positions strengthened ✓

Big fat contract to a washed up, over the hill mercenary ✓

Failing to back the manager after he gets us back into Champions League ✓

TrueRed79

He simply has to be sacked. If he's not removed or resigned himself by the end of this season i'll be flabbergasted. Another joke of a transfer window for both ins/outs. Every other team in the top half of the table has outspent us this summer. A dysfunctional, chaotic club that was once top tier is now a laughing stock.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

It's the human touch that's lacking and leads us to get so much wrong...
This is so true, helping your team reach the SFs only to get benched by someone who is not that good anymore is purely insulting.

Most teams use their backup keepers for the entire tournament.

acnumber9

I think Marcos Rojo still being at the club sums Woodward up perfectly. He’s entering his 7th year at the club and neither of our last two managers have wanted him. He’s played about 4 games since we gave him a new contract to protect his ‘value’. Managers are being asked to do the job with one hand tied behind their back. It will be the same shit again next year.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wonder if it would carry any weight if Evra could get a bunch of ex players to write a letter demanding his resignation. Unfortunately it seems the fans dont have power - at least not now that they cant rely on butts in the seats anyway.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think Marcos Rojo still being at the club sums Woodward up perfectly. He’s entering his 7th year at the club and neither of our last two managers have wanted him. He’s played about 4 games since we gave him a new contract to protect his ‘value’. Managers are being asked to do the job with one hand tied behind their back. It will be the same shit again next year.
It's incredible that many of our fans can't see the point you have made.

As things go, Marcos Rojo might outlast three different managers. How can we expect anyone to succeed when lumped with substandard players?

saivet

I know they tried that stupid logic with Jones yet this had completely flown over my head that he's been here so long.

Tango80

Tbh I'm quite pleased with today

Expected one player, maybe two. To get 4 in is pleasantly surprising.

Failing Sancho the alternative was to get in some depth, so it was good getting the wingers, as well as Telles. The CB situation I don't see getting fixed via new players there, and I think Garner will be ready for DM come next summer.

Strats

One of the most despicable persons who have ever been involved in the club. Get the feck out you insecure clown.

AaronRedDevil

I genuinely do not understand. Everyone and Woodward knew united desperately needed a right winger, been that way for years. United were the only team that had a free run at Sancho this summer. One of the best and youngest players right now. Then Ed refuse to pay 120 or 110m. Only to go out and buy Telles for 15m with add ons, DVB who we didn’t need for 40m, a teen for 10m? and Cavani for god knows how much on wages. Also maybe Sarr for 40m or Dembele on loan. So let’s say united get Sarr, that’s £105m+. An extra 10m and United get sancho and maybe can still try for Telles. They didn’t NEED to buy any of those other players but they did. This is just insane levels of stupidity and incompetence from Woodward. He really is a moron.

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Don't forget the contract to Jones last year. It is like he is too thick to even realise his mistakes.