Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Question to the floor... When Eds wife asks him to go to Lidl for milk and bread, what do you think he comes home with?
He comes home with some pitta bread and boasts how he managed to get such a good deal at £100 per packet. He got 2 packets.
He forgot about the milk. He offers to make another trip, but his wife tells him, "No! For God's sake, no!"

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Tbh I'm quite pleased with today

Expected one player, maybe two. To get 4 in is pleasantly surprising.

Failing Sancho the alternative was to get in some depth, so it was good getting the wingers, as well as Telles. The CB situation I don't see getting fixed via new players there, and I think Garner will be ready for DM come next summer.
Well we could have signed 20 if we wanted to. Have you ever heard a phrase quality over quantity?

We had a shambolic day - and end to the market. I actually feel physically ill.

We’re going to get shat on from a great height. Strap yourself in.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I cannot believe that we got rid of Sanchez (who was overpaid and crap) and replaced him with an older player, who is also overpaid.
Surely, Woodward and Judge can't be this bad?

Silverman

This transfer window has been a shambles as a whole. We may end up with some good players but the planning and carrying out of our business has been embarrassing.

Paxi

He’s going to get attacked by some nutter. I’ve seen him twice in the Cafe Nero near Green Park in Mayfair if anyone fancies quoting me a bounty.
Let’s start some sort of a crowdfunding for the man or the woman who’ll have to do jail time for that cnut.

marktan

Who did we end up signing? We've been linked to about 50 players suddenly in the last week.

We got VDB and Telles - both hopefully good players though neither first team players right away.

And I think we're getting Cavani and some 18 year old from Atlanta?

Some good depth I guess but I question how much of that will actually start for us

Mr PG

calm down folks. This team will be back to post-lockdown heights once fitness kicks in after the internationals. I'm loving all the kids we're buying and see a clear strategy.

marktan

If there’s any truth to this, it’s the cycle beginning again, but with the real problem welding the axe.
Yeah it should've been done during the period OGS was caretaker, but like a kid who doesn't want to do his homework we gave him the job permanently after like 10 games even though OGS's contract ran until the summer. He'll probably end up getting sacked and it's another 2 years wasted

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How do you feck up transfers both in and out of a club?

How is it, with more prep time than ever in the history of football since transfer windows were a thing, have you messed up to this degree?

It really is astonishing? His worst transfer window in the entirety of his time here.

He's supposed to be getting better at this purely via experience, but instead he's getting worse. How is that possible?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
calm down folks. This team will be back to post-lockdown heights once fitness kicks in after the internationals. I'm loving all the kids we're buying and see a clear strategy.
Not sure how Cavani would feel being called a kid. :p

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How do you feck up transfers both in and out of a club?

How is it, with more prep time than ever in the history of football since transfer windows were a thing, have you messed up to this degree?

It really is astonishing? His worst transfer window in the entirety of his time here.

He's supposed to be getting better at this purely via experience, but instead he's getting worse. How is that possible?
Some have asked if he is genuinely this incompetent or if it is by design.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Some have asked if he is genuinely this incompetent or if it is by design.
The outs would suggest the former. He's fudged getting deadwood off our books, which is damaging the bottom line; if he'd managed that area splendidly whilst fudging ins, I could buy the evil genius, master saboteur train of thought.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why would anyone believe stories from such sources that have had zero insight all summer. The Express is about as bad as it gets.
Because a couple of other outlets are running it now.

I'm fecking fuming. The man's a coward and the safest bet anyone can make now is Ole doesn't see Christmas.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Because a couple of other outlets are running it now.

I'm fecking fuming. The man's a coward and the safest bet anyone can make now is Ole doesn't see Christmas.
It's a story from the Daily Star.

All such outlets said Sancho was close in August. Not worth the paper they are written on.

December_16

I... I just dont get it. OK maybe I buy into the argument that Sancho was overpriced for the sake if argument, but how could we not find any suitable second/third decent option for the RW after months and months? Completely inept.

OleBoiii

I'm always happy to see new players come in, but whenever a player joins on the final day it just screams Plan C(unless it's someone like Sancho, obiously).

Morpheus 7

He gets what he deserves now. Thinking he's the big man all relaxed, be a riot when fans get back in. Killing the progress of the club, nobody to blame and nowhere to hide now.

Paxi

United are paying £575,000 per week to 4 goalkeepers.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Fluctuation0161

At this pt Ed leaving may be seen as a better thing than any transfer we could make at the moment. Its primarily the toxicity of the club's dealings thats concerning. And that may/probably isnt just him.

As mentioned before - maybe LvG in particular was def onto something with his comments - especially when you see what Evra is saying as well - whom I trust much more to have some insight into everything. At the very least he probably understands how things *should* be.
LVG was 100% right about the clowns running our club.

Devil may care

Absolute fecking clown working for blood sucking pieces of shit, Europa League again here we come, it's just a waste of time hoping anything will improve while these cretins are in charge, they couldn't broker a deal for a blow job in a brothel.

adam118

I think this is a worse window than Moyes’! At least we had a current champions at the time, this is a new low. No winger, no centre back and our marquee signing is someone who is 33 on a free transfer.

Telles is a good addition but he will not stop the issues we have alone.

Ed needs to go now! We are quite happy to sack managers for poor performance, why not Woodward?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't wait for him to leak stories about DOF's.

He's not the only thing wrong, but he seems to be a massive part of the problem. He needs to go, but no chance.