Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

Tiber

Welcome news.

But let's face it, it will be Matt Judge (who apprently doesn't even like football much and is a rugby fan) or some other Glazer puppet so nothing will change

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We've long dreamed of Woodward leaving but I wouldn't have imagined it would happen so perfectly, coming as a result of the most spectacular failure of his failure-filled time here.

He outdid himself in the most amazing way. I mean if you were joking about Woodward leading a coup for a Super League you'd say "it'll fall apart after two days".

Wow. Just wow.

Okey

Thank you Perez and/or whoever thought up this super league. This outcome, laing with a quick death of the super league makes this feel like a god send. I'm so so happy tonight.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Murtough is now the most powerful man at the club (not counting glazers of course)

Shiva87

Can't believe this. It's great news if true. Need a proper football club CEO to take over now.

Somehow I feel that he is resigning from this role to take up some operating role with the ESL full time.

TheRedDevil2019

I have a feeling Glazers are making Woodward the fall guy in the hopes that the protests will pipe down and they can move on from this unscathed...

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I don't know why everyone is getting excited they are just making room for the job Jose was promised as part of his severance deal. They loved his 92 page dossier on how to fix the club.

United Hobbit

Use this as the opportunity to do a full scale restructure

Has Ole said anything about the super league etc?

I haven't seen any announcement from United re Ed yet, I have the app so get notifications