Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

RORY65

Think this is a bad idea. We can find the right people without going back to Fergie.
Plus he's going to be 80 this year and was seriously ill a couple of years back, can we not give him a break and instead try to look forwards?

spiriticon

Going back to Fergie is like an adult asking his frail 80 year old granddad to keep giving him piggy back rides around the garden

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I heard he had a bit of a Jerry Maguire style breakdown and stole a fish on his way out. It was frozen and breadcrumbed mind you but it was still symbolic.

Artorias

Plus he's going to be 80 this year and was seriously ill a couple of years back, can we not give him a break and instead try to look forwards?
Fergie should rest now, he has done enough for us. Like you said, we should look forwards.

PieCrust

Woodward doesn't regret what he did, he regrets getting caught out and humiliated. What a fecking joke of a human. It's pretty bad when you make UEFA and FIFA out to be the good guys, 2 of the most corrupt organizations ever to grace the Earth.

always_hoping

I think this the route they will take because United under the Glazers will still need someone with a strong financial background to navigate these uncertain times. Now that we have a DOF in place I don't think we still need a football savvy CEO, even though one would be desirable, more than we need one with a strong corporate and financial background but who is accommodative enough to leave the DOF and Ole to run the football side.
The CEO will be doing the rubber stamps towards transfers and player contracts so I think it's important whoever replaces Woodward is a bit more football savvy.

Offsideagain

SAF has probably been consulted by all the folk that have tried to replace him on certain matters, well you would wouldn’t you. Bet he will still have an opinion. Edwin van der Sar has been mentioned as a candidate. He’ll be a safe pair of hands (groan) but I can’t see the Glazers picking a football guy. Probably some former CEO of a fast food chain or similar.

croadyman

The CEO will be doing the rubber stamps towards transfers and player contracts so I think it's important whoever replaces Woodward is a bit more football savvy.
Real shame that Judge didn't follow him and resign too because in regards to contracts he's been utterly terrible

LuckyScout78

I didn’t like him as CEO. Special before United didn’t create the Football director role. So again. In many times on this forum. I only dislike this guy, related only to football decisions, even he might has done some good football decisions. But mostly not.

A good news for me. But apart from mr.football Woodward. Like singer and artist off stage. They does have different role in life, different from football. Then he might is doing a good job there. So wish him good luck in the future. Football is just a part of life. Even you a poor at football. Doesn’t mean you are poor at different aspects of life. It does affect, jobs affect private. But you still can do a decent and good enough job as a dad. Live in the moment and present can help a bit. Focus the mind on the present. Difficult. Past things will pop up in the head. But just pull the mind back to the present.

Everyone has up and down in life. Maybe this worst downfall of Woodward. But if he can handle the pressure and hates towards him. Learn from his poor decisions. Then he will come out of it. A better version of him.

A tough test. Handle all the negative. But when you first have join the game. Then you have to accept everything it’s part of the game and will appear during the games.

So in the end. When I first follow United from 1990. Woodward is the most dislike director. Never experienced a big case like this. The biggest storm since I follow. So again. Wish him good luck. And like every storm. It appears, but will also disappear. Nothing last forever. Special everything on the surface and physical.

Andy_Cole

I didn’t like him as CEO. Special before United didn’t create the Football director role. So again. In many times on this forum. I only dislike this guy, related only to football decisions, even he might has done some good football decisions. But mostly not.

A good news for me. But apart from mr.football Woodward. Like singer and artist off stage. They does have different role in life, different from football. Then he might is doing a good job there. So wish him good luck in the future. Football is just a part of life. Even you a poor at football. Doesn’t mean you are poor at different aspects of life. It does affect, jobs affect private. But you still can do a decent and good enough job as a dad. Live in the moment and present can help a bit. Focus the mind on the present. Difficult. Past things will pop up in the head. But just pull the mind back to the present.

Everyone has up and down in life. Maybe this worst downfall of Woodward. But if he can handle the pressure and hates towards him. Learn from his poor decisions. Then he will come out of it. A better version of him.

A tough test. Handle all the negative. But when you first have join the game. Then you have to accept everything it’s part of the game and will appear during the games.

So in the end. When I first follow United from 1990. Woodward is the most dislike director. Never experienced a big case like this. The biggest storm since I follow. So again. Wish him good luck. And like every storm. It appears, but will also disappear. Nothing last forever. Special everything on the surface and physical.
This is a weird post.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

I would like you to speak at my funeral.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If 3 million Man Utd fans got together they could probably buy the club for 1000£ each
You are forgetting that some of those fans are from poor country.

Have you heard Ighalo's story about him using his lunch money just to watch Man United? Giving away 1000£ will be too much for them. That's like buying 12 years of Man United home kit.

Although, buying partial of the share might be possible but that still does not change Glazers will remain as part of the owner and making it even more difficult to sell.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Wonderful

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

This is incredible :lol:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me I'm hot. What? Taxes they'll be lower son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do Philadelphia. So dooooooo.

binary bot
I've a few words for Ed. Special everything on the surface and physical.

Hal9000

Yeah, but the original reports said he was planning to leave in the summer but brought forward the announcement due to the backlash and somehow the date he's leaving got pushed back to the end of the year?
Think it was planning to be announced in the summer and he's leaving in November.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I always thought this was one of your burner accounts.
If it was I would reply to it to remove suspicion. Then I would use one of my other burner accounts to reply to that message to completely remove suspicion of that account as well. Most threads are actually just me replying to myself with different accounts going back and forth like that. What a life.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If it was I would reply to it to remove suspicion. Then I would use one of my other burner accounts to reply to that message to completely remove suspicion of that account as well. Most threads are actually just me replying to myself with different accounts going back and forth like that. What a life.
:lol:

To be honest, in your absence, there's been quite a few accounts that I've said that about you. The broken English just took my mind back to the Omegle days!

macheda14

Wishful thinking. Very wishful thinking. But do you think Woodward wants to stay beyond the summer so he can be part of us having a great transfer window because he has such a big ego?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So did Woodward actually know about the Super League? The latest on BBC suggests he tendered his resignation as he couldn't support United in the Super League...suggests to me that he didn't really have a say in this either...

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
So did Woodward actually know about the Super League? The latest on BBC suggests he tendered his resignation as he couldn't support United in the Super League...suggests to me that he didn't really have a say in this either...
The evidence suggests that he did know, and he did try to implement it, but he didn't like having to do so and was never a fan.