Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

saivet

According to the latest update re Woodward he claims he resigned because he realised that he had made a huge mistake in supporting the super league. The trouble is Eddie boy, you only seem to have realised this after the huge uproar, the fan protests, the threat of sanctions by EUFA, government intervention and after others had already pulled out. Not so much a case of Woodward falling on his sword as stabbing everybody involved in the back with it! What a truly dishonourable, untrustworthy and unprincipled piece of shite he is. Thank God we're shot of him.
He was also called out by name as being a snake by the UEFA president and the reports are saying that the 14 PL see him as being the ring leader. Even if he had said reservations the fact he didn't raise them are his own fault. Like you say glad we're shot of him. With all the talk that clubs/UEFA wanted to punish individuals, he was target no.1 and his position untenable.

Adamsk7

Joel Glazer was the vice chairman of the Super League. All we know about Ed’s involvement are some tweets, either for or against him. I think it’s more likely he was against it. This whole thing smacks of American influence and a lack of understanding of our game. I always hear people say Ed knows nothing about football but I never understand why that is said...because he was a banker? To be honest 99% of the people on here aren’t involved in football either!
Not a fan of some of his decisions in the market and he doesn’t exactly carry himself like my vision of a Utd CEO but he’s been pretty great commercially considering our performance and it seemed he was getting some stuff right in the last couple of years. Time for a change, sure, but he’s hardly the Emperor Palpatine he’s being made out - I think the Glazers are MUCH more likely to fit that profile

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
While I'd normally call total bullshit, I can't see why Lineker would stick up for him. That's rather wierd.

That said, he resigned from the ECA on Sunday so he must have known!
The only thing that makes me think that there is a semblance of truth to this is the fact that he’s still got to work with the Glazers for the next 8 months. Making up bullshit against your employers makes things pretty damn uncomfortable.

Unless he’s making his position untenable and is looking for an immediate pay off?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Didn't Woodward resign from his position with UEFA alongside a few of his Super League colleagues? Doesn't feel like someone opposed to the Super League would have done that.

He is a snake, a bullshit artist, and has generally been horrendous for Manchester United. Let the records reflect just how inept he was.

Last edited:

clarkydaz

The only thing that makes me think that there is a semblance of truth to this is the fact that he’s still got to work with the Glazers for the next 8 months. Making up bullshit against your employers makes things pretty damn uncomfortable.

Unless he’s making his position untenable and is looking for an immediate pay off?
yeah we will see about that

redmanx

Joel Glazer was the vice chairman of the Super League. All we know about Ed’s involvement are some tweets, either for or against him. I think it’s more likely he was against it. This whole thing smacks of American influence and a lack of understanding of our game. I always hear people say Ed knows nothing about football but I never understand why that is said...because he was a banker? To be honest 99% of the people on here aren’t involved in football either!
Not a fan of some of his decisions in the market and he doesn’t exactly carry himself like my vision of a Utd CEO but he’s been pretty great commercially considering our performance and it seemed he was getting some stuff right in the last couple of years. Time for a change, sure, but he’s hardly the Emperor Palpatine he’s being made out - I think the Glazers are MUCH more likely to fit that profile
Woodward was totally for the super league, he signed contracts with Perez of Real Madrid over a week ago and three days later told EUFA he was in agreement with reforms they had put forward for the CL a week or so before, knowing he had already signed United into the super league. When it all fell apart Woodward was like a rat leaving a sinking ship and told his side of the story, sold his side of the story more likely, in an attempt at damage limitation. Basically he sold everbody out from the supporters to Perez and everybody in between.

red thru&thru

If Ed was so against it, why not resign before it all coming out? He would have known it was going.

He screwed up and he knows he's going to get abuse...especially after how much attention he got from the likes of Gary Neville.

L1nk

Wouldn't surprise me if the Tories were in on out then Boris flipped on a dime when he saw the reaction, why the hell would you speak to Ed Woodward of all people about Covid and the return of fans? Surely you'd speak to the entire FA or something about that. This guy is the biggest damn snake

vidic blood & sand

Insulting another member
People here guessing about the integrity of Ed is amazing. What utter twats we have in this forum!

I didn’t like him as CEO. Special before United didn’t create the Football director role. So again. In many times on this forum. I only dislike this guy, related only to football decisions, even he might has done some good football decisions. But mostly not.

A good news for me. But apart from mr.football Woodward. Like singer and artist off stage. They does have different role in life, different from football. Then he might is doing a good job there. So wish him good luck in the future. Football is just a part of life. Even you a poor at football. Doesn’t mean you are poor at different aspects of life. It does affect, jobs affect private. But you still can do a decent and good enough job as a dad. Live in the moment and present can help a bit. Focus the mind on the present. Difficult. Past things will pop up in the head. But just pull the mind back to the present.

Everyone has up and down in life. Maybe this worst downfall of Woodward. But if he can handle the pressure and hates towards him. Learn from his poor decisions. Then he will come out of it. A better version of him.

A tough test. Handle all the negative. But when you first have join the game. Then you have to accept everything it’s part of the game and will appear during the games.

So in the end. When I first follow United from 1990. Woodward is the most dislike director. Never experienced a big case like this. The biggest storm since I follow. So again. Wish him good luck. And like every storm. It appears, but will also disappear. Nothing last forever. Special everything on the surface and physical.
I keep rereading this and it takes on a deeper meaning every time. Also, yesterday was 420, and his exact message count is 420. There must be more to this.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Dont understand the hate. He is leaving and we should be happy. This side of the story, that side, who cares? he is leaving. At this point we dont even know if it was him or the Glazers all along but one thing is certain, Ed could not have gone years preparing for SL without the approval of the owners, I feel like they sacked him to save face. United reputation are in deep shit atm and its a huge money maker for the media. I expect news about Ed and Super League for the next month or so.

Ed is great at bringing sponsorships and money but shit at footballing side. Cheerish the moment, if it wasnt for this controversy we'll be stuck with him for another 10 years probably.

I can’t post media links. But Sky Sports are breaking that Ed Woodward left because he didn’t feel he could back the Superleague.

Doesn’t really make sense because the club withdrew on the same day he left. But could be that he wasn’t involved in the decision to join and knew nothing about it. Like Gary Neville said the agreement was signed by Joel Glazer.

Avero

You are forgetting that some of those fans are from poor country.

Have you heard Ighalo's story about him using his lunch money just to watch Man United? Giving away 1000£ will be too much for them. That's like buying 12 years of Man United home kit.

Although, buying partial of the share might be possible but that still does not change Glazers will remain as part of the owner and making it even more difficult to sell.
I understand that, but obviously not every fan of Man Utd would have to contribute. A google search suggests Man Utd has over 650 million fans worldwide. I don't know how reliable that number is but I don't think raising enough money would be a problem.

snk123

Give us Haaland, Grealish, Varane and Sancho in your last transfer window and all will be forgiven Ed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I understand that, but obviously not every fan of Man Utd would have to contribute. A google search suggests Man Utd has over 650 million fans worldwide. I don't know how reliable that number is but I don't think raising enough money would be a problem.
Let’s put it this way. What if only 1 million people can afford 1000pounds while the rest are from poor country. That’s not enough to buy the club from glazers completely.

Rolaholic

The PR spin on behalf of his media friends has been admirable but no one with a brain is buying the notion that he left due to being against the idea when he was one of its principal architects and proponents the whole time by most accounts :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Actually such a snake move to try and weasel your way out of this. Just front up and admit you got it wrong. Embarrassing.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
He'd give snakes and weasels a bad name. Maybe a female praying mantis, who I found out the the other day doesn't eat its mate after sex but during sex. Apparently the nerve action of the headless corpse gets the rest of the job done.

Crustanoid

The PR spin on behalf of his media friends has been admirable but no one with a brain is buying the notion that he left due to being against the idea when he was one of its principal architects and proponents the whole time by most accounts :lol:
Haha

I hope Jamie Jackson retracts the bullshit he published in the guardian earlier

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston

…so is Ed not leaving since last szn has ended and the new one is already under way , pre season and all?

Crustanoid

…so is Ed not leaving since last szn has ended and the new one is already under way , pre season and all?
This propaganda is all down to the PR person he hired. Nothing to do with him leaving and us suddenly getting good at transfers.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

He's going to leave at the end of the year. Luckhurst did have one report where he hinted at Woodward possibly leaving in July, but of course, that's not the case. At this time, Woodward is just overseeing things rather than being actively involved.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Oh okay. Thanks for the replies.

…i was under the impression he would be leaving at the end of the footballing calendar year

clarkydaz

Is there someway we can beg Ed to stay, i mean, if he would accept fans apologies etc? Never realised what a top guy he actually is

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Is there someway we can beg Ed to stay, i mean, if he would accept fans apologies etc? Never realised what a top guy he actually is
feck off. Apart from the Glazers, Woodward is the guy most responsible for us no longer being a top club that actually wins things.