Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrahimorich

Honestly, am I in such a small minority who isnt ‘that’ bothered or disgusted.
Yeah they went too far and I dont like the idea of his family being intimidated but really its just about them deserving a police caution or whatever. It was just a small number of people with a can of spray paint and a cpl of flares. No one was ever going to be hurt.
OK a couple of idiots going a bit too far but it was just a flare lobbed over a gate. Theres worse happen every day in every town.
Is this overreaction due to media sensationalism or am i being 43 just not as sensitive to stuff as younger people?
My biggest gripe is that a couple of idiots have generated massive sympathy for Ed to be honest.
It was probably all staged anyway. I could give less of a shit about it than you could. If he wasn't running the club into the ground, then this wouldn't have happened (assuming it wasn't staged). So he brought it on himself really.

As long as no-one was hurt then I couldn't give a shit.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I cannot believe the talk about conspiracy theories. I give up. At the end of the day it’s only a damn game. Ed deserves to hear our concerns and feel
Pressured by it, but in no way should violence be used in making a point - any point! I imagine the players will be even more shit scared when we lose as they don’t know if idiots will visit their homes and threaten their families. Crazy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I cannot believe the talk about conspiracy theories. I give up. At the end of the day it’s only a damn game. Ed deserves to hear our concerns and feel
Pressured by it, but in no way should violence be used in making a point - any point! I imagine the players will be even more shit scared when we lose as they don’t know if idiots will visit their homes and threaten their families. Crazy.
Well said.

Josep Dowling

Shouldn’t of happened and now all United fans will get tarnished as being some mob. Fact is we want change and rather than actual change Woodward has gone about trying to change the narrative against himself.

It’s pretty clear he is more of a narcassist than Mourinho. The only way to stop these people is to literally throw them out the club. I’m sure the protests will die down a bit now because of this and the fact we have signed Bruno Fernandes. Fans need to look at the bigger picture and realise they shouldn’t be bought over with one transfer that took over a month to get done when we should have bought him in the summer.

Classical Mechanic

Whoa I didn’t know that guy worked for the Sun. Some other poster said it got reported almost immediately after it happened when no one was home if I recall correctly.
So do you think Fergie staged the idiots that went down to his house in balaclavas and hung a 'Fergie Out' poster on his gates when we were 3rd in the league?

romufc

Pathetic bunch of losers this. Convey your message in the right way, there is absolute no need to attack his house where his wife and kids are.

This is going to give Manutd fans alot of bad press. Doesn't help when we are looking for media coverage to help us against the Glazers and Woodward.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Yeah they went too far and I dont like the idea of his family being intimidated but really its just about them deserving a police caution or whatever. It was just a small number of people with a can of spray paint and a cpl of flares. No one was ever going to be hurt.
OK a couple of idiots going a bit too far but it was just a flare lobbed over a gate. Theres worse happen every day in every town.
Is this overreaction due to media sensationalism or am i being 43 just not as sensitive to stuff as younger people?
My biggest gripe is that a couple of idiots have generated massive sympathy for Ed to be honest.
I’m with you on this. I’m actually cringing a bit reading some of the reactions like people really shook over this clown shit.

Snafu17

Why does United fans feel so f*cking entitled that they can raid someone's residence? I will have to stop following the club if such activities recur.
It's statistically likely at least a few of United fans have raped and/or murdered in their lifetime. If this incident worries you that much you probably should've already stopped supporting the club.

troylocker

There is no excuses for actions like this. Lifetime ban and prison is the only respond.

lsd

The Oracle
The Glazer family all live together in big mansion in Cheshire. It is somehow known for certain that a large riot at their house would intimidate them and force the sale of the club to fans (50+1) at a reasonable price.
Would you take part in the riot? What if it was guaranteed that nobody was hurt? What if it was guaranteed that nobody was hurt, and you'd face no other consequences?

No because I'm not a scumbag that thinks acting like a Hardman is the way to go

Infra-red

That's probably about right. The idiots have gone too far, but ultimately it amounts to some minor criminal damage. It shouldn't really have happened.

Classical Mechanic

That's probably about right. The idiots have gone too far, but ultimately it amounts to some minor criminal damage. It shouldn't really have happened.
From my point of view it amounts to the intimidation of his two young children which is unforgivable and completely disproportionate for his supposed crimes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It was probably all staged anyway. I could give less of a shit about it than you could. If he wasn't running the club into the ground, then this wouldn't have happened (assuming it wasn't staged). So he brought it on himself really.

Are you Alex Jones?

stu_1992

Absolutely crazy thing to do. Yes he's not going to have many fans around here but that doesn't justify vandalism of his house. Thankfully no one there at the as I can imagine that would be quite distressing. Whatever you think of Woodward, his wife and kids play no part in this.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The bloke has 2 young kids ffs. No excuse for this there are far more appropriate ways to make your point.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sad to say I’m not even surprised there’s idiots on here trying to backhandedly (or even just directly in some cases) justify this type of scumbag behaviour.

DavelinaJolie

Remember when a bunch of Ultras attacked players at the Porto training ground? This isn't that far off. It's disgusting and indefensible.

devips

It's statistically likely at least a few of United fans have raped and/or murdered in their lifetime. If this incident worries you that much you probably should've already stopped supporting the club.
The logic of it! :lol:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I‘m with you and I want to wait with conclusions until more facts is on the table. Let’s just say I don’t trust either Woodward or the media regarding “news” about anything involving himself or his job as a CEO.

Florida Man

I‘m with you and I want to wait with conclusions until more facts is on the table. Let’s just say I don’t trust either Woodward or the media regarding “news” about anything involving himself or his job as a CEO.
Hell we can barely trust them on transfer news these days.

Classical Mechanic

Well I’m sorry I don’t share your outrage and that I have skepticism on news stories and approach these with an open mind on a case by case basis.
So a mobs have turned up at Fergie's house, Rooney's house and now Woodward's house in the past decade. When the Glazer's took over there was even a group calling themselves the 'Manchester Education Committee' with reported links to Loyalist Paramilitaries in Northern Ireland threatening to take action. Have you ever thought that we just have some absolute balloons in the fanbase?

How on earth do you think Woodward would keep these droogs quiet? It would be all over Manchester in an instant.

vanderpants

I hate Woodward but don't bring his family into it, especially as Ed wasn't even at home. Just leave the protesting till matchdays for positive results which the media will hopefully cover

Snafu17

The logic of it! :lol:
Point being there are undoubtedly some absolute pricks supporting the club already so I'm not exactly sure how this specific incident makes a difference to you. Not the murderers chant, not the shit load of hooliganism through 70's and 80's, not the killing of a Crystal palace fan, not any of that but this is where you supposedly draw the line?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

You couldn't give a shit about a group of masked blokes turning up at the address of small children with the deliberate intent to be intimidating? You sound nice. I can only hope that it never happens to any children you may have.

Sure, the rational amongst us will know they were never likely going to come to harm, but you never know. It only takes one idiot for things to get carried away.

Nakhon Phanom

I,m all for the Glazers and Ed Woodward severing there ties with the club but chanting is one thing attacking a guys home is bang out of order.

Lynty

The conspiracy theories are stupid. Why on earth would you trust a career journalist to set up a hoax mob and then to keep quiet about it in the future :lol: :lol: They obviously leaked the story though.

And people who think this isn't too bad/partially deserved - how would you feel if a mob turned up at your house because you're under performing at work.

OverratedOpinion

I think it is very lucky they were not home. Imagining having 20 men in balaclavas outside my house doing what they were doing and shouting I was going to die is a very scary thought, imagining it happen whilst my daughter was in the house is a terrifying one for me at least.

For what it is worth no one suddenly thinks Woodward is doing a good job but that is the point, he is just a bloke doing a bad job.

Florida Man

So a mobs have turned up at Fergie's house, Rooney's house and now Woodward's house in the past decade. When the Glazer's took over there was even a group calling themselves the 'Manchester Education Committee' with reported links to Loyalist Paramilitaries in Northern Ireland threatening to take action. Have you ever thought that we just have some absolute balloons in the fanbase?

How on earth do you think Woodward would keep these droogs quiet? It would be all over Manchester in an instant.
I am on RedCafe. I see it for myself every day, oh my brother.

Look, all I’m saying is I find this particular incident fishy. I wasn’t around following United for the Fergie and Glazer incidents so I can’t comment on those. I didn’t even hear about the Rooney one. Of course I wouldn’t put it past some nutters to toss a flare. There is reasonable evidence to deduce that. I also wouldn’t put it past a tabloid PR guy/Ed to set this up. And there is also reasonable evidence to deduce that too. I’ve seen enough in my life to be willing to accept major incidents being fabricated and I don’t find it to be idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.