Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav1878

Firstly, not a good way to voice your concerns and not nice the kids were at home.

However, he is a dick so lolz

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Wonder how many of those idiots are regular readers of the CAF. Should be ashamed of themselves, I’m ashamed to have any common interest with them already. Probably the same guys who were mouthing off at Pogba calling him a wanker and telling him to F off after a game at OT.

Just pathetic.

Imagine how his poor kids and wife felt as things were shouted and pelted at their house. Honestly some right scum bags.
His family weren't there thankfully. That doesn't bear thinking about.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thanks to those idiots, I now hope Ed stays, just to show that idiotic violence doesn’t work.

Ryan Bobson

Is it true that when Ed rang 999 the police didnt turn up for 16 hours another long drawn out negotiation on Woodards part

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It doesn't really give anyone, let alone a group of masked men, any excuse to attack his house. People thinking this is a PR Stunt by Woody have seriously lost their marbles.
It doesn't, no I agree. Nobody hates the glazers more than I do. I was on the marches in 2005 when I was a ST holder. And I don't care much for Woodward either. However what happened yesterday was sad. Not surprising but still sad.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It doesn't, no I agree. Nobody hates the glazers more than I do. I was on the marches in 2005 when I was a ST holder. And I don't care much for Woodward either. However what happened yesterday was sad. Not surprising but still sad.
Why did the protests stop?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Love how the majority of you lot are 'outraged' by a sensationalist piece created by the media. Obvious facts:

- No-one was home
- Ashton has gone into overdrive spinning his PR web with journalists all over now fawning over Woodward
- The Sun have exclusive photos of the 'mob' posing outside his gates
- They also have an interview with someone who was apparently there
- Its a fecking flare

Snow flake mentality and willing to believe literally anything thrown at you by corporations who lie for a living

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't want to take the thread sideways but the main culprit for the shit team is Ed's.
He's been an awful CEO. I don't think you'll get anyone arguing otherwise.

However you dress it up though £1.3bn has left the club since 2005 for NON footballing reasons. Not far off £100m a season. And the debt is still at 440m. That's not on Ed one bit. That's the Glazer scum.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Wow, 14 pages on this already... in what was essentially just a few idiots shouting outside a house...
Didn't they throw flares into his home? They're not harmless, you know.

By all accounts, he's supposed to be a pretty nice guy, according to most reports. He may be a shite CEO football wise but that's no excuse for throwing shit into the home of a married man with two children.

Roux

Honestly, am I in such a small minority who isnt ‘that’ bothered or disgusted.
Yeah they went too far and I dont like the idea of his family being intimidated but really its just about them deserving a police caution or whatever. It was just a small number of people with a can of spray paint and a cpl of flares. No one was ever going to be hurt.
OK a couple of idiots going a bit too far but it was just a flare lobbed over a gate. Theres worse happen every day in every town.
Is this overreaction due to media sensationalism or am i being 43 just not as sensitive to stuff as younger people?
My biggest gripe is that a couple of idiots have generated massive sympathy for Ed to be honest.
I honestly can't believe what i read on here sometimes. "i don't like the idea of his family being intimidated, but..."

There's absolutely no excuse for this behavior and you should be disgusted by it. Imagine if this happened to you and your family.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why did the protests stop?
The never totally went away as there's always been anti Glazer songs every single season since 2005. The marches stopped because I think the fans felt it was futile and pointless. They resurfaced in 2010 with the Green n Gold campaign but again died down.

The Glazers are the biggest issue. Woodward is just incompetent and needs replacing but he hasn't stolen over a 1bn of OUR money. The Glazers didn't buy the club, we bought it for them. Scum the lot of them.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Love how the majority of you lot are 'outraged' by a sensationalist piece created by the media. Obvious facts:

- No-one was home
- Ashton has gone into overdrive spinning his PR web with journalists all over now fawning over Woodward
- Its a fecking flare

Snow flake mentality and willing to believe literally anything thrown at you by corporations who lie for a living
This’ll get the hornets nest going

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Inappropriate Behaviour

- No-one was home
- Its a fecking flare

Obvious fact: you are talking out your arse.

Florida Man

The never totally went away as there's always been anti Glazer songs every single season since 2005. The marches stopped because I think the fans felt it was futile and pointless. They resurfaced in 2010 with the Green n Gold campaign but again died down.

The Glazers are the biggest issue. Woodward is just incompetent and needs replacing but he hasn't stolen over a 1bn of OUR money. The Glazers didn't buy the club, we bought it for them. Scum the lot of them.
Yeah and it’s not like some folks can go and toss a flare in their homes as they’ll probably have armed security or some high powered guns of their own.

thepolice123

Incredibly naive if these bunch of thugs think they can intimidate him into doing a better job or leaving it. This guy is multi-millionaire, a few thousand pounds is enough to dig them out and send them packing out of Manchester.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I agree that The Glazers are leaches and Woody is just doing the job he has been employed to do, make more money. The question is what is the Glazers end game? Is it to suck every last penny out and then sell at a lower price, or invest money again now and try to sell at a higher price.

Personally I feel they have gotten a hell of a lot more out than they have put in and probably feel they have more chance of getting a buyer at a low price than a high price, considering the amount of debt any new owner would have to refinance or pay off.

SirAF

Ageist
Incredibly naive if these bunch of thugs think they can intimidate him into doing a better job or leaving it. This guy is multi-millionaire, a few thousand pounds is enough to dig them out and send them packing out of Manchester.
Yeah, absolute weapons. Woodward doesn’t even live full time in Chesire. As far as I know his family home is in London right?

Florida Man

I agree that The Glazers are leaches and Woody is just doing the job he has been employed to do, make more money. The question is what is the Glazers end game? Is it to suck every last penny out and then sell at a lower price, or invest money again now and try to sell at a higher price.

Personally I feel they have gotten a hell of a lot more out than they have put in and probably feel they have more chance of getting a buyer at a low price than a high price, considering the amount of debt any new owner would have to refinance or pay off.
Oh they’re here to suck every penny of profit they can. They’ve been doing it with the Bucs for ages.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Firstly, not a good way to voice your concerns and not nice the kids were at home.
I gather he lives in London mainly - which, you'd think this mob might've learned during their research to find out his actual address.

By all accounts, he's supposed to be a pretty nice guy, according to most reports. He may be a shite CEO football wise but that's no excuse for throwing shit into the home of a married man with two children.
I for one welcome the new likeable image of our debt saddling Overlords...

Massive Spanner

I gather he lives in London mainly - which, you'd think this mob might've learned during their research to find out his actual address.

I for one welcome the new likeable image of our debt saddling Overlords...
If you want to blame anyone, blame the Glazer's. Woodward was hired by them to help take over the club and to improve us financially, which he did impeccably. He then did a f*cking awful job on the football side of things and he deserves to be held accountable, but shit like this is pathetic and if you're condoning it, like you appear to be, you are quite frankly, a c*nt (only if you're condoning it though, so technically I'm not calling you a cnut, just like.. a potential cnut).

Zlaatan

Parody Account

- No-one was home
- Its a fecking flare

Do you have a NASA poster on your wall with the word liars spray painted over it?

Massive Spanner

- No-one was home
- Its a fecking flare

Wait, so this stuff is OK as long as they're not home?

Someone tell the police, there's loads of innocent burglars locked up for no damn reason!

DBT85

I'd like to think that the pr storm that would land if it was found to be fake would be enough to rule it out.

Though oddly I can 100% believe that the sun would fake it. Not quite as sure that Woodward would be aparty to it.

Regardless. If it is real then it's cnuty behaviour from cnuts and there is no if or but or buttercup about it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
For the conspiracy theorists...

So I'm guessing the attacks on Rooney and Rio's houses all them years ago was a conspiracy as well? I know you don't want to believe it but we have some absolute morons in our fanbase and this 'men in black' group really do exist as pathetic as it sounds.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

- No-one was home
- Its a fecking flare

Wow.

So anything is ok... because no one got hurt? If you're hurt you're a snowflake?

Caliban

Two things that can occur from this:

Ole sits more safe after this incident (thanks for that by the way), and the owners probably won`t deal with terrorists (aggression can be effective, but you can`t throw a molotov coctail every time you don`t get the toy you want, that doesn`t / should not help) .. also with the timing of the Fernandes transfer, he being on the way

As a sidenote: This has probably also taken a lot of the effect of leaving the Wolves game after the `58 minute, because these two are now linked to each other (stand up and leave the match if you support the hooligans, stand up and leave if you want Woodward to die) .. it`s self explanatory if you got some brain cells that these balaclava terrorists didn`t help anyone, other than it feels good to be bad sometimes .. now they are banned from Old Trafford for life

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
To be fair, Woodward isn’t the one saddling us with debt. That be the Glazers.
Woodward played a huge role in the Glazers ugly takeover of United - read up on it.

Probably wouldn't have happened without his work - which I guess is why he's been rewarded by having the club as his plaything.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the Glazer's. Woodward was hired by them to help take over the club and to improve us financially, which he did impeccably. He then did a f*cking awful job on the football side of things and he deserves to be held accountable, but shit like this is pathetic and if you're condoning it, like you appear to be, you are quite frankly, a c*nt (only if you're condoning it though, so technically I'm not calling you a cnut, just like.. a potential cnut).
Where the feck have I condoned this!? Read my messages again before spouting garbage like this.

How the feck do I 'appear to be condoning this'?

I've made clear that this directly relieves pressure from the Glazers and Woodward during a time when pressure was becoming tangible upon them - how on Earth does that suggest that I think it's a good thing?

All I've said is that this is highly beneficial for Woodward's image - which it is.

fergosaurus

You couldn't give a shit about a group of masked blokes turning up at the address of small children with the deliberate intent to be intimidating? You sound nice. I can only hope that it never happens to any children you may have.

Sure, the rational amongst us will know they were never likely going to come to harm, but you never know. It only takes one idiot for things to get carried away.
Exactly. Couple this with the songs about wanting him dead and it shouldn't take a genius to conclude this would be a frightening experience. But the resident tough guys who think it's no big deal probably can't relate to fearing for the safety of their wife and kids as they likely still live alone in their parent's basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.