Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Thank goodness most people are rightly outraged by this. The others have a serious look at yourselves. Football should never be the centre of your universe. Yes, we all love United, but there are more important things in life.

devips

Point being there are undoubtedly some absolute pricks supporting the club already so I'm not exactly sure how this specific incident makes a difference to you. Not the murderers chant, not the shit load of hooliganism through 70's and 80's, not the killing of a Crystal palace fan, not any of that but this is where you supposedly draw the line?
Things accumulate to reach a tipping point. I have come very near to that point right now. Others will have their own tipping points, or not have any at all. I speak for myself.

Bwuk

PR Stunt.
The papers will talk about what a great job he’s doing when we sign Bruno.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Where the feck have I condoned this!? Read my messages again before spouting garbage like this.

How the feck do I 'appear to be condoning this'?

I've made clear that this directly relieves pressure from the Glazers and Woodward during a time when pressure was becoming tangible upon them - how on Earth does that suggest that I think it's a good thing?

All I've said is that this is highly beneficial for Woodward's image - which it is.
How is that not condoning it? :lol:

Also condoning it doesn't mean you think it's a good thing.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Two things that can occur from this:

Ole sits more safe after this incident (thanks for that by the way)

As a sidenote: This has probably also taken a lot of the effect of leaving the Wolves game after the `58 minute, because these two are now linked to each other (stand up and leave the match if you support the hooligans, stand up and leave if you want Woodward to die) .. it`s self explanatory if you got some brain cells that these balaclava terrorists didn`t help anyone, other than it feels good to be bad sometimes .. now they are banned from Old Trafford for life
Well, they've helped the Glazers / Woodward... as you've said in your post.

Cloud7

Honestly, football has been a small part of my life since I stopped actually playing myself around 18. We all love the sport but when you drill down, all it actually is, is a form of entertainment that sees you live vicariously through a group of 11 millionaires that you don't know and never will know. The group of millionaires changes every few years, the shirt colour stays the same. I get the whole 'feeling of belonging to a community' thing but I don't personally subscribe to it religiously. Football remains a form of entertainment for me, not a life or death religion, so I can never understand the sort of fans that do shit like this (or hooligans in general - angry, frustrated young men with nothing else going on in their lives, who feel a sense of achievement from 'representing the shirt' in a fight. Get a life).
This is how I feel as well. It's just a game that I watch for entertainment because I like the sport of football, and I like United. It makes it really weird reading this thread and seeing people talking about fans being pushed to this sort of action by his mismanagement of the club. The mental leap it takes to go from a game of football and some managerial/transfer decisions to actually showing up at someone's house is crazy for me to imagine.

Highlyevolved

Thank goodness most people are rightly outraged by this. The others have a serious look at yourselves. Football should never be the centre of your universe. Yes, we all love United, but there are more important things in life.
“United, Kids, Wife. In that order”.

devips

Exactly. Couple this with the songs about wanting him dead and it shouldn't take a genius to conclude this would be a frightening experience. But the resident tough guys who think it's no big deal probably can't relate to fearing for the safety of their wife and kids as they likely still live alone in their parent's basement.
Right on the ball! :)

lsd

The Oracle
Love how the majority of you lot are 'outraged' by a sensationalist piece created by the media. Obvious facts:

- No-one was home
- Ashton has gone into overdrive spinning his PR web with journalists all over now fawning over Woodward
- The Sun have exclusive photos of the 'mob' posing outside his gates
- They also have an interview with someone who was apparently there
- Its a fecking flare

Snow flake mentality and willing to believe literally anything thrown at you by corporations who lie for a living
Wise your head

Cloud7

Love how the majority of you lot are 'outraged' by a sensationalist piece created by the media. Obvious facts:

- No-one was home
- Ashton has gone into overdrive spinning his PR web with journalists all over now fawning over Woodward
- Its a fecking flare

Snow flake mentality and willing to believe literally anything thrown at you by corporations who lie for a living
Did the moon landing actually happen?

Is the earth flat or round?

Is Paul Walker still alive?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Look up condoning mate. You're talking utter fecking shit.

Please quote anything I've written that you feel 'condones' this.

I'm actively angry that this has happened.
I know what condoning means, thanks, but I do actively apologise if I've misconstrued you, I hadn't read your earlier posts.

Still, I vehemently disagree with the idea that it's OK to say "well his image will look great after it", as if there are any positives to be taken from such a heinous act.

OverratedOpinion

- No-one was home
- Its a fecking flare

Thinking it is worrying that 20 masked men show up outside a house chanting the owner is going to die and throwing flares is "snowflake mentality"?

You are so tough, it is very impressive.

DBT85

Point being there are undoubtedly some absolute pricks supporting the club already so I'm not exactly sure how this specific incident makes a difference to you. Not the murderers chant, not the shit load of hooliganism through 70's and 80's, not the killing of a Crystal palace fan, not any of that but this is where you supposedly draw the line?
Who's drawing any lines at this event.

That Palace lad that died was all because of cnuts like this.

lsd

The Oracle
This is how I feel as well. It's just a game that I watch for entertainment because I like the sport of football, and I like United. It makes it really weird reading this thread and seeing people talking about fans being pushed to this sort of action by his mismanagement of the club. The mental leap it takes to go from a game of football and some managerial/transfer decisions to actually showing up at someone's house is crazy for me to imagine.

You wonder what is going on in their lives to act the way they do .

Even the act of adults going to a football match and chanting a man should die is just so utterly pathetic . Then this going to someone's house to threatening and vandalizing.

Absolute lunacy they should be locked in a padded cell

DanClancy

My only surprise its taken so long, he's worked for United for 13 years and was one of main advisors in the takeover.

I guarantee he wouldn't have lasted this long at any of Europe's biggest club where a takeover was possible, there's no chance he'd have lasted this long at Liverpool.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
To be honest, I'm against this either way - but it wouldn't be hard for the people to actively plan to wait for all the family to leave the house and massecre the house as and F You to his 'Money'.

Wrong either way.

Hopefully he gets scared and leaves now.
You know man. I can't say this any clearer than this, so here it goes: F*** Y** and this absolute F*CKING garbage opinion.

"Hopefully he gets scared"? Man.. Just don't. The man's family lives there any you're actually looking for a silver lining? I am beyond disappointed that someone here would have such a view of this incident. You need to talk to someone if you somehow think this can be justified.

And hey. To anyone else that actually defends this. Please let yourself be known so I can put you on my ignore list and classify you as filth.

People that will attack someones home, ESPECIALLY where a mans family lives, because of a difference of opinion, are at the bottom of the barrel for me. You are all so dumb it physically hurts so know I have to breathe the same air as you degenerates. You are scum, and nowhere near worthy being a supporter of this great institution.

Greck

Guys, if you ever think a victim is lying or has staged an event you keep it to yourself till you have something more concrete so it doesnt beome obvious your prejudice is the source of your suspicions. Some have even spun entire tales around their suspicions and called others snowflakes for not seeing it

EwanI Ted

Same kind of knobheads who chucked red paint on Maurice Watkins car & went round for a "chat" with Rio when he was delaying on a new contract. Not only does it give United fans a bad name, but it achieves feck all apart from other knobheads thinking you're the man. Tits.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You know man. I can't say this any clearer than this, so here it goes: F*** Y** and this absolute F*CKING garbage opinion.

"Hopefully he gets scared"? Man.. Just don't. The man's family lives there any you're actually looking for a silver lining? I am beyond disappointed that someone here would have such a view of this incident. You need to talk to someone if you somehow think this can be justified.

And hey. To anyone else that actually defends this. Please let yourself be known so I can put you on my ignore list and classify you as filth.

People that will attack someones home, ESPECIALLY where a mans family lives, because of a difference of opinion, are at the bottom of the barrel for me. You are all so dumb it physically hurts so know I have to breathe the same air as you degenerates. You are scum, and nowhere near worthy being a supporter of this great institution.
@VeevaVee defends it and I can confirm he is filth.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I know what condoning means, thanks, but I do actively apologise if I've misconstrued you, I hadn't read your earlier posts.

Still, I vehemently disagree with the idea that it's OK to say "well his image will look great after it", as if there are any positives to be taken from such a heinous act.
What I said is that this is 'highly beneficial for Woodward's image' - which it is - undoubtedly.

And I don't view that as a good thing, personally.

To put it another way - This act is detrimental to Manchester United - right at a time when the club was starting to Unite it's voice against the utter fecking cretins who are ruining the club.

A bunch of fecking moronic idiots chucking a flare at a cretin's mansion doesn't change my opinion on Woodward - why would it?

klsv

Definitely not the right target, his home. A lot of other places to protest at.

Can see Ed hiring a security guard now, haggle over the wages and wait til G4S shows interest in the guy. Once finalised, the only instruction the poor man will get: "watch this space!"

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Football is basically religion and life to many. This is basically fundamentalism.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He should think of children and hand his notice in.
You think these self-entitled idiots won't do the same to the next bloke. It would serve them right if they brought in somebody who is worse and stopped spending altogether just to be bloody minded.

KekiZeki

This is all he needs to make him in to a marter in the eyes of the public. You know the media is gonna eat it up with a spoon, most of the public is waiting for our downfal so they'll side with who ever it is ruining the club in Utd. fans' opinion.

I hope guys who did this get arrested, their names published, lose their jobs and get banned from any United games to come.

You're not fans if you do this. We're above that!

Blueman

Supports
Man City
It's a step too far, idiots. Every fanbase has them. But when the idiots start the battle is lost.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Not okay. I think they should go on a hunger strike.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Such disgusting behavior
Disgusting? It was wrong no two ways about it but disgusting? They threw some flares over a huge big gate at the end of the day. It was hardly crime of the century was it? Shouldn't have happened but it was hardly disgusting was it? Nobody was attacked. Nobody was harmed. Nobody was even home.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Woodward played a huge role in the Glazers ugly takeover of United - read up on it.

Probably wouldn't have happened without his work - which I guess is why he's been rewarded by having the club as his plaything.

Where the feck have I condoned this!? Read my messages again before spouting garbage like this.

How the feck do I 'appear to be condoning this'?

I've made clear that this directly relieves pressure from the Glazers and Woodward during a time when pressure was becoming tangible upon them - how on Earth does that suggest that I think it's a good thing?

All I've said is that this is highly beneficial for Woodward's image - which it is.
Yeah you’re right. I forgot he was already here to help with the takeover.

OverratedOpinion

You think these self-entitled idiots won't do the same to the next bloke. It would serve them right if they brought in somebody who is worse and stopped spending altogether just to be bloody minded.
I do think this type of thing will have a very real effect on how much someone would want to take the director of football role if we are actually hiring one, especially assuming we would target someone who has a lot of other options. It is abundantly clear that it would be a very challenging job with no guarantees of success, seeing that this could be the consequence to failing might make someone think twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.