Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt10000

Who's exaggerating anything?

The mans family has to go back to their home and sleep in their beds knowing that this could happen again. Maybe next time some cnut lobs a brick through the window.

I get that you condone it, but hand waiving away the fact that nobody got hurt because nobody was there is daft. There can and will be lasting repercussions to events like this.
Agree and for those that dismiss this as just some fireworks, they couldn’t be sure that there weren’t kids in there and they couldn’t have known if there was any oil storage outside for a boiler, they could have killed an entire family with their recklessness

the chameleon

Haha you think I am the one who is naive and gullible because I don’t think it was a PR stunt.

Haha and you believe everything you read in a book that is entitled “Trust me I’m lying”.
That’s the title being ironic. I think you take everything literally. As I said, believe what you want to believe.

oz insomniac

There is no excuse for the behaviour, but I believe most people are aware Woodward actually lives in London, and this house is a significant investment type residence that is used sparingly and perhaps to give an impression he lives in Manchester.

Anyway, this may be a catalyst for Woodward and Judge to pull their fingers out, it's a bit tiresome when they play the one signing at a time game, which is a different stance taken by big clubs with decent football people in charge like our competitors.

Roux

There is no excuse for the behaviour, but I believe most people are aware Woodward actually lives in London, and this house is a significant investment type residence that is used sparingly and perhaps to give an impression he lives in Manchester.
This is completely irrelevant. It's still his property that was specifically targeted. They could just as easily go to his London property.

matt10000

Haha you think I am the one who is naive and gullible because I don’t think it was a PR stunt.

Haha and you believe everything you read in a book that is entitled “Trust me I’m lying”.
That’s the title being ironic. I think you take everything literally. As I said, believe what you want to believe.
I realise the title is ironic but the real irony is, that in a book with “Trust Me I’m Lying - The Confessions of a Media Manipulator” printed all over the front of it, you take it at face value and don’t think that this self confessed manipulator/liar is partial to the odd tall story, exaggeration in order to sell more books....

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Who's exaggerating anything?

The mans family has to go back to their home and sleep in their beds knowing that this could happen again. Maybe next time some cnut lobs a brick through the window.

I get that you condone it, but hand waiving away the fact that nobody got hurt because nobody was there is daft. There can and will be lasting repercussions to events like this.
Have you seen a photo that had 20 - 30 people in it?

the chameleon

I realise the title is ironic but the real irony is, that in a book with “Trust Me I’m Lying - The Confessions of a Media Manipulator” printed all over the front of it, you take it at face value and don’t think that this self confessed manipulator/liar is partial to the odd tall story, exaggeration in order to sell more books....
You jump to conclusions from tabloid headlines. But also from book covers and titles too. I have nothing else to say.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Your kids would still be scared!
True, but it's common knowledge that Ed's family don't live in Manchester. Local fans (or hooligans, if you will) will be aware of this, surely.

Meaning - well I dunno what point I'm making here, really: whoever was behind this surely knew the thing was symbolic, first and foremost, and not an actual attempt to scare the shit out of him and his family (directly, as it were).

Which doesn't excuse it, by all means, but still.

Ibrahimorich

You couldn't give a shit about a group of masked blokes turning up at the address of small children with the deliberate intent to be intimidating? You sound nice. I can only hope that it never happens to any children you may have.

Sure, the rational amongst us will know they were never likely going to come to harm, but you never know. It only takes one idiot for things to get carried away.
Children, small or otherwise have nothing to do with it. It's about Ed Woodward and everyone knows that. The children are just a sympathy card. If they're that small they won't have any concept or understanding of it anyway and are therefore immune to any effects.

There's a far cry from throwing a flair in someone's garden and a bit of chanting to physically assaulting children/his wife.

The fact that there wasn't even anyone in the property means it's all entirely pointless anyway. Far worse things have happened for far nicer people.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Children, small or otherwise have nothing to do with it. It's about Ed Woodward and everyone knows that. The children are just a sympathy card. If they're that small they won't have any concept or understanding of it anyway and are therefore immune to any effects.

There's a far cry from throwing a flair in someone's garden and a bit of chanting to physically assaulting children/his wife.

The fact that there wasn't even anyone in the property means it's all entirely pointless anyway. Far worse things have happened for far nicer people.
That is a pathetic post.

Roux

Jesus. You seem nice.

newgiz

The next time somebody makes a post about how our fans are better than rival fans, I suggest someone shows the above quoted post. Our fans are no better and by the evidence above perhaps worse.

There is no justification for an outrageous act by a bunch of hooligans no matter which way one tries to spin it.

matt10000

You jump to conclusions from tabloid headlines. But also from book covers and titles too. I have nothing else to say.
I am not jumping to conclusions. It is just that you suggested that I am naive and gullible and then went on to suggest that I read a book called “Trust Me I’m Lying - The Confessions of a Media Manipulator” to prove your point.

I was merely pointing out that a book authored by a self confessed professional lyer and manipulator, who makes money from lying, may have just have the odd porky in it in order to make it more interesting and ultimately make more money.

I am not jumping to conclusions, I am just assessing his previous form when it comes to making money and a little sceptical. If I wasn’t a little sceptical then surely you would have to call me naive and gullible?

matt10000

2 - 3....20 - 30......what difference does it make? Your kids would still be scared!
What difference does accurate reporting make? Is that a trick question?
If a gang was intimidating you and one of them knocked you down and stamped on your head resulting in a visit to A&E, would you be bothered whether there were 3 of them or 30 of them?

the chameleon

I am not jumping to conclusions. It is just that you suggested that I am naive and gullible and then went on to suggest that I read a book called “Trust Me I’m Lying - The Confessions of a Media Manipulator” to prove your point.

I was merely pointing out that a book authored by a self-confessed professional lyer and manipulator, who makes money from lying, may have just have the odd porky in it in order to make it more interesting and ultimately make more money.

I am not jumping to conclusions, I am just assessing his previous form when it comes to making money and a little sceptical. If I wasn’t a little sceptical then surely you would have to call me naive and gullible?
It's okay. I'll excuse you as an oxymoron

Eckers99

If a gang was intimidating you and one of them knocked you down and stamped on your head resulting in a visit to A&E, would you be bothered whether there were 3 of them or 30 of them?
So you don't mind the media lying to you then?

Eckers99

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Yeh that makes no sense. I have a 4 year old, she'd have been terrified. Im not suggesting they would have caused harm to the child. Point is the child doesn't know that.

Wheato

Ha, this is such a fake news story, it is actually ridiculous. A counted 11 boys in tracksuits throwing a flare over a locked gate. Hardly storming of the bastille!! That's the thing these days, you post something on social media and the world bites. The journalists who thought this was newsworthy, should be ashamed of themselves. And to the tracksuited flare throwers, if you want to get noticed by the world, make funny cat videos.
I called it at the time ! https://www.sportbible.com/football...n-ed-woodwards-house-20200129?source=facebook

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ashton :

“Ed Woodward bravely fought off the 30 attackers, throwing flares back over the wall bare chested and shouting “I pay the interest you bastards” and he then proceeded to give safe performance related contracts with no singing fees to the protesters. Aka a fecking bargain.

the walkout is hereby cancelled”

Foxbatt

Did some people try to barbeque Woodward? I think I saw in some newspaper that some thugs wanted to BBQ him?

TrustInOle

Nothing about a man failing at his job deserves thugs and hooliganism at his home where his wife and kids may or may not have been.

Ibrahimorich

The next time somebody makes a post about how our fans are better than rival fans, I suggest someone shows the above quoted post. Our fans are no better and by the evidence above perhaps worse.

There is no justification for an outrageous act by a bunch of hooligans no matter which way one tries to spin it.
Because Old Trafford never sings about burning the Glazers and killing Ed Woodward...oh wait

Based Adnan

What does this Richard Moriarty look like? Why was a reporter present taking photos? Why was this said reporter then given an interview by these lads doing something illegal? Why did this reporter not take photos of the "20-30" in one frame? Why was this picked up as a Sun exclusive where Neil Ashton used to work?

All questions that need answering for me.

Kostur

海尔的老板

I mean, apart from probably the most idiotic 'logics' I've ever managed to read on this forum, and I've seen a fair share of idiots here, the bolded is so wrong from psychological and pedagogical point of view it's hard to believe that in the 21st century somebody can be that uneducated.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean, apart from probably the most idiotic 'logics' I've ever managed to read on this forum, and I've seen a fair share of idiots here, the bolded is so wrong from psychological and pedagogical point of view it's hard to believe that in the 21st century somebody can be that uneducated.
His post made me think about the theory of ensoulment. :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Sorry but that’s a load of cods wollop!
Luckily the family weren’t there. It keeps being said but they live in London. So, they never visit for a long weekend? They just keep this big old empty house just because?
There was a risk family could be home, no matter how small, a risk is a risk.
As far as if the kids had witnessed it, it’s enough to make them feel unsafe, disrupt sleep patterns and bring on anxiety!

There are much better ways to make a point than behaving like vigilant thugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.