Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

No I dont, but he's in the media giving tid bits like he's someone of importance on such issues. He needs to feck off and let people who arent full blown cnuts talk about such things.
He was interviewed by the athletic. Not sure if it was only on this or about other things. But it's not like it was just some 2 sentence tirade he went on of his own accord.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No one has answered this yet. Where was the Security? Don't rich people in nice neighborhood have Securities driving/monitoring around?

Or, maybe...

Red_toad

No one has answered this yet. Where was the Security? Don't rich people in nice neighborhood have Securities driving/monitoring around?

Or, maybe...
Yeah, Presidents and erm, Presidents, think you've been watching too much TV ;)
Pretty sure Ed lives in a gated community, where you have to be allowed in. So not much chance 30 blokes rock up and are given access.
So not really only reserved for presidents. You need to get out more if you think that only politicians have security protecting them. Or is that what your to tells you?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
The joke is over my head. I don't understand it, man.
It's probably gone over your head as a joke because it wasn't a joke.

Very few people, maybe Drugs Barons who want to appear more important than what they actually are have Security driving around 24/7 protecting their property, or Presidents/Senior Politician when there's a potential terrorist threat might, but most wealthy folk are quite happy with the best deterrents money can buy and don't need it, nor want it.

Red_toad

Very few people, maybe Drugs Barons who want to appear more important than what they actually are have Security driving around 24/7 protecting their property, or Presidents/Senior Politician when there's a potential terrorist threat might, but most wealthy folk are quite happy with the best deterrents money can buy and don't need it, nor want it.
Quite a few well to do folk, live in gated communities where you actually have to be allowed in. So chances of 30 blokes rocking up at your house is very slim unless one of them lives there and allowed them access.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't get why a man house has to be "visited" and "Intimidated" with 30 men with balaclava, even if that's only for identity protection, you'd be pretty scared if your house (with your children and spouse) visited by 30 men in fecking mask.

The man's a fecking employee ffs, it's not like he sinisterly break Ronaldo's leg, or selling the Old Trafford name right.

I always thought that we're a class above the scouse, but i'm not so sure anymore this last 6 years. Their perseverance during their drought is admirable, we're already looking for sacrificial lamb on year 6.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Didn't know that in England, it's not common for rich people area to have some security guards monitoring the area.

My cheap apartment complex when I was in college even had one.

Class of 63

Sourness
Pretty sure Ed lives in a gated community, where you have to be allowed in. So not much chance 30 blokes rock up and are given access.
So not really only reserved for presidents. You need to get out more if you think that only politicians have security protecting them. Or is that what your to tells you?

Quite a few well to do folk, live in gated communities where you actually have to be allowed in. So chances of 30 blokes rocking up at your house is very slim unless one of them lives there and allowed them access.
Or is that what? Again in English please, apologies if English isn't one of your top 5 languages, no offense intended.

What you talking about, gated communities, he lives in leafy Cheshire, not some time forgotten housing estate in the North of England minus the coppers ffs

mu4c_20le

Or, maybe...
Not all rich people have on site security.. only the filthy rich and popular, like Mayweather or Elon Musk. Also think it'd be pretty daft to do this as a PR exercise, as it might actually give ideas to the nutters out there to try it for real, since it looks so easy.

Red_toad

Or is that what? Again in English please, apologies if English isn't one of your top 5 languages, no offense intended.

What you talking about, gated communities, he lives in leafy Cheshire, not some time forgotten housing estate in the North of England minus the coppers ffs
Sorry your tv, auto correct...

Are you saying he earns 4 million a year and has no security monitoring? Also how would you know. I’m not aware of his address so I’m not up to date on security there. Seems you know a fair bit about his levels of security, or maybe nothing as you seem to think having a body guard is the only level of security available to a wealthy individual.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Are you saying he earns 4 million a year and has no security monitoring? Also how would you know. I’m not aware of his address so I’m not up to date on security there. Seems you know a fair bit about his levels of security, or maybe nothing as you seem to think having a body guard is the only level of security available to a wealthy individual.
You can see in the professional photo that there is CCTV surveillance.

Red_toad

Not all rich people have on site security.. only the filthy rich and popular, like Mayweather or Elon Musk. Also think it'd be pretty daft to do this as a PR exercise, as it might actually give ideas to the nutters out there to try it for real, since it looks so easy.
Wrong on so many levels. Go to a half decent appartment block, you need to be buzzed in or have an access card. There’s monitored cctv. I can assure you it’s not only the elite who restrict access and have security.

And the ‘men in black’ have a history or turning up at players homes, so not exactly giving them any ideas.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I hope Ed and his family are safe.

But feck this fat chair thrower. The difference is if those people make a bad movie, They're the ones who get fecked. They lose money. Where as in the case of football club, if the CEO fecks up, it affects everyone including the regular attending fans who has spent money not only once or twice but shitload of them per year, every year. I don't agree with both the action and this comparison.

Class of 63

Sourness
Didn't know that in England, it's not common for rich people area to have some security guards monitoring the area.

My cheap apartment complex when I was in college even had one.
That's slightly different though, a small % of your college fees would go towards that, but they wouldn't really have any authority, if they caught somebody breaking into your apartment they'd ask them to leave or threaten to report them to the Police if they didn't.

mu4c_20le

Wrong on so many levels. Go to a half decent appartment block, you need to be buzzed in or have an access card. There’s monitored cctv. I can assure you it’s not only the elite who restrict access and have security.

And the ‘men in black’ have a history or turning up at players homes, so not exactly giving them any ideas.
Footballers' homes get burglarized all the time. I doubt most of them hire a security team to be on site 24/7. Most likely the cameras were on record, and aren't being watched around the clock unless the alarm is raised.

UDontMessWith24

If it really was staged, what do they possibly have to gain from it? I feel for him if it's not staged, but there's nothing these owners can do that will distract anyone from the fact that they're knowingly destroying the club.

Class of 63

Sourness

Eh? You said you don't know his address then how do you know it's a gated community? I know as much as you which is feck all if i'm honest about his levels of security, nor do really I care, however i'm pretty sure he, nor none of his neighbours have a crack squad of retired soldiers driving about 24/7 in an armoured vehicle hoping and praying somebody tries to break into one of their properties so they can jump into action. Only on TV .... ..... ....

TrebleFan99

I’m not bothered by this in the least.

Nobody was home
Nobody was hurt
No major damage

It’s not behaviour I condone but I’m not appalled.

I would prefer to see these demonstrations directed at the Glazer’s moving forward (flares included).

Class of 63

Sourness

That's slightly different, unless you've got a helicopter there's only one way in so it's easy to monitor.

Class of 63

Sourness

Nobody was home
Nobody was hurt
No major damage

I would prefer to see these demonstrations directed at the Glazer’s moving forward (flares included).
Not sure the Men in Black's pocket-money combined would get even one of them to Florida so guess they're safe for now, phew

red thru&thru

Nobody was home
Nobody was hurt
No major damage

Pretty much this.

ravi2

If it really was staged, what do they possibly have to gain from it? I feel for him if it's not staged, but there's nothing these owners can do that will distract anyone from the fact that they're knowingly destroying the club.
Ed was universally hated now he has the sympathy of some of the fans, maybe more than some judging from the posts in this thread.
So far Neil Ashton is worth whatever Ed is paying him

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yep. It feels like a very stupid way to reverse a negative PR issue. Any sympathy generated has all been prefaced with "I know Eds done a shit job BUT this is too far": ie highlighting Woodward's fan perceived lack of job performance from within the back pages of the football bubble and onto national news. There will be sympathy and condemnation for the hooligan act, but that will soon be forgotten, and the issue behind the act now onto an even bigger platform.

If Ashton had conjured up such an idea, he'd have done such an analysis and would never have gone through with it. I don't believe anyone would be so stupid to think it would be a great PR idea.

red thru&thru

Also, there's a part in the United statement, paraphrasing now, " We hope the 'footballing world' will get behind us..." I mean why would the footballing world need to get behind them? You don't hear this type of talk from cluns when they're battling with racism.

Too staged for me. I even rang Talksport yesterday to say it was staged...conveniently I never got a call back.

Any how, if I'm wrong, I'll apologise. But have any arrests been made yet? Surely they must have picked up someone by now, no?

kiristao

Disgusting? It was wrong no two ways about it but disgusting? They threw some flares over a huge big gate at the end of the day. It was hardly crime of the century was it? Shouldn't have happened but it was hardly disgusting was it? Nobody was attacked. Nobody was harmed. Nobody was even home.
You dont know what the intention was and how much they knew about who was there and if someone could get harmed.
Even if they did know, the aim was at least to scare him and anyone that tries to scare a man and his family and kids because they believe a football club is not being run as per their expectations, then it is disgusting behaviour.

LuckyScout78

Like i have said. You have to apart job and private life. Because even you are poor at your job. It doesn’t automatically mean you are poor as human being and person. In general life and after work.

Leaving Old Trafford empty and half/pause is better. Non violent.

So be carefully what you are doing.

Negative and bad acts. Will just lead to bad results/fates. Like bad decisions on the pitch, leading to poor performances.

In the end. Life is more important than football. You are not rating success and status over peoples life. Control the temper. Find the balance. Giving everything on the pitch. But after the match. Zero your mind and find back to your living in present. Then come back refresh for a new day and a new match.

For a player giving everything and top aggressiveness on the pitch, but not off the pitch.
Same for the matchday supporters. Sing and give everything. But off the stadium. Its about zero your mind and in the present with other relations like family, friends and job.

So in the end. This and everything violent is way too far.

DBT85

Nobody was home
Nobody was hurt
No major damage

In this instance nobody was home. Did they know that?

Class of 63

Sourness
Also, there's a part in the United statement, paraphrasing now, " We hope the 'footballing world' will get behind us..." I mean why would the footballing world need to get behind them? You don't hear this type of talk from cluns when they're battling with racism.

Too staged for me. I even rang Talksport yesterday to say it was staged...conveniently I never got a call back.

Any how, if I'm wrong, I'll apologise. But have any arrests been made yet? Surely they must have picked up someone by now, no?
What's the rush, the Police will want them to think they've got away with it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yes I'm sure Ed will trust 20 of his PR guys most senior hoodlums to keep a secret about how an attack on his house and family was staged. Surely no one will consider talking about this to the press for a wad of money.

Anything else? Fake moonlanding? Don't let anything get in the way of a good anti-establishment story

Red_toad

Eh? You said you don't know his address then how do you know it's a gated community? I know as much as you which is feck all if i'm honest about his levels of security, nor do really I care, however i'm pretty sure he, nor none of his neighbours have a crack squad of retired soldiers driving about 24/7 in an armoured vehicle hoping and praying somebody tries to break into one of their properties so they can jump into action. Only on TV .... ..... ....
I didn’t say it was a gated community. Simply countering your uneducated awareness of security opinions available. Carry on thinking only bodyguards are an option.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Nobody was home
Nobody was hurt
No major damage

Welcome to the ignore list you absolute cretin.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

Nobody was home
Nobody was hurt
No major damage

Violence (and this is violence, not a demonstration) is never appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.